剧集 | 圣诞颂歌(2019) | 导航列表
进军摩鹿加群岛的香料和靛蓝染料
A move into spice and indigo in the Moluccas.
收入 9970镑7便士
Income: £9,970 and sevenpence.
-支出 -你都记得很清楚
‐ Expenditure... ‐ All in your head.
你的记性真好 你把自己看作
What a mind you have. You counted yourself
全世界最不幸的孩子
the most hard‐done‐by boy in the world,
你算啊 算啊
and you counted and counted.
不管你往哪里看
Wherever you looked,
你都看不见人 你只看得见钱
you didn't see people, you saw pounds and pennies.
别人的弱点转而变成财富
The weakness of others spun into wealth.
你的账目就是你新的阿里巴巴
Your accounts were your new Ali Baba,
利润则是新的瓦伦丁
profit your new Valentine.
我都忘了 你是在嘲讽我
Ah, I forgot. You are mocking me.
本工厂厂内规定
我跟其他任何著名的商人比起来
I have done no more and no less in my life
一生做得不比他们多 不比他们少
than many an illustrious businessman.
你一生
Your life?
你刚才说一生
Did you say your life?
来看看你这一生
Come and see your life.
看吧
Behold.
你除了点钞机以外的一生
Your life beyond the counting machines.
伊丽莎白
Elizabeth.
她每天等啊等啊
The days she waited and waited.
我在交易所耽搁了
I was kept late at the exchange.
他们是谁
Who are they?
他们是你本会
They are the children
和伊丽莎白
you would have had
养育的孩子
with Elizabeth.
看看你
And there you are,
你从未成为的那个父亲
the father you never were,
陪着你从未拥有的孩子
being a merry‐go‐round for the children
转着圈
you never had.
看吧
Behold.
一段不曾拥有也不会拥有的圣诞经历
A Christmas past that never was and never will be.
"骗人的把戏
"Humbug.
有多少圣诞祝福是真心的
"How many Merry Christmases are meant
又有多少只是谎言
"And how many are lies?
只为假装每年的这一天
"To pretend on one day each year
衣冠禽兽
"That the human beast
并非是禽兽"
is not a human beast."
你在这上面
Do you see
看见禽兽了吗 埃比尼泽
any beasts up there, Ebenezer?
我会给孩子们取名
I would have called the children...
雅各布
Jacob.
洛蒂
Lottie.
谁都不会被送去寄宿学校
And neither would have been sent away to school.
他们每天晚上都会安全回家
They would have come home safe every night.
你从未出生的孩子
Children who were never born
能给你从未有的情感
bring emotion you never had.
即使是你熟识的人的孩子都不能
Not even for the children of people you knew intimately.
我告诉过你
I told you...
我的工作
my business
就是对你的心和灵魂
is the intimate inspection
做一次近距离检查
of your heart and of your soul.
来吧
So, come now,
我们将会见证
and we will witness
你的盲目
how your blindness
如何催生了罪行
finally gave rise to the abominable.
是你七个圣诞节前做的一件事
To something you did seven Christmases ago.
七个吗
Seven?
来吧 埃比尼泽
Come, Ebenezer,
来瞧瞧你做的恶行
and look upon the evil that you did.
甚至都不是为利润做出的恶行
An evil that was not even for profit.
天啊 男人不该出现在这里
Dear God. No man should be here.
我们不是男人 我们也不在这里
We are not men, and we are not here.
但我们会见证
And yet we witness
这件可怕的事的起源
Where this awful thing began.
你的孩子出生了
Your baby is born!
是男孩还是女孩
Is it a boy or is it a girl?
-男孩 -他有呼吸吗
‐ Boy. ‐ Oh. Does he breathe?
他有呼吸
He breathes.
他健康吗
Is he whole?
玛莎
Martha.
玛莎 他健康吗
Martha, is he whole?
玛莎 他健康吗
Martha, is he whole?!
在这个
And in this,
这个时刻 你想起来你做了什么吗
this moment, do you remember what you did?
没有
No.
你看到他人的痛苦
You looked upon the suffering,
不是陌生人
not of faceless strangers,
而是你认识多年的人
but of people you've known for years.
在他们的极度痛苦中
And in their anguish,
你只看到了
you would see only one thing:
机会
opportunity.
跟我去七个圣诞节之前的
Come with me to Christmas Eve
平安夜吧
seven Christmases ago.
当钟声响起时
When the clock is striking
一 二
One, two,
三
three...
四 五 六
Four, five, six.
早上六点了
Six in the morning,
万物冰封雪飘
and all is snowbound and iced.
克莱切特早到了一小时吗
Cratchit an hour early?
克莱切特夫人
Mrs. Cratchit.
我能进去吗
May I come in?
我能私下跟你谈谈吗 斯克鲁奇先生
May I speak with you in confidence, Mr. Scrooge?
可以 我对早起的人都有时间
Yes, I always have time for early risers.
你丈夫生病了吗 你是来请假的吗
Is your husband ill? Are you here to make excuses?
不 我丈夫会在一小时后照常来上班
No. My husband will be reporting for work in one hour, as usual.
虽然在平安夜还要上班不太寻常
Though to work on Christmas Eve is not so usual.
在斯克鲁奇和马利公♥司♥ 这很平常
Oh, at Scrooge and Marley, it is usual.
你这么早来有何贵干
What do you want at this hour?
你应该知道
As I think you know...
两年前 我生了个男孩 蒂姆
two years ago, I gave birth to a boy, Tim.
你应该也知道 他...
And as I also think you know, he was...
生下来就有缺陷
born with imperfections.
是的
Yes.
可能是你吃得太油腻了 克莱切特夫人
Perhaps too much rich food in your diet, Mrs. Cratchit.
这个城市的寒冷和雾霾
This cold and the smoke in this city,
不适合这么娇弱的男孩
it does not suit a boy so tender.
他的肺里有积水
He has fluid on his lungs.
外科医生告诉我们
A surgeon has told us
他必须要做手术
that he requires an operation,
胸腔引流术
thoracic draining...
不然他就会死
or he will die.
手术的费用
Now, the‐the cost of the operation
我们完全负担不起
i‐is far beyond our means.
手术很复杂 分三个阶段
It's very complex, in three stages.
多少钱
How much?
十镑 十镑和十镑
T‐Ten, ten and ten.
一共三十镑
£30.
你不能把房♥子卖♥♥了吗
You can't sell your house?
房♥子是租来的
The house is rented.
你没有富有的亲戚吗
You have no rich relative?
斯克鲁奇先生 我丈夫
Mr. Scrooge, my husband
拉不下脸来求你
is too proud to ask you himself.
但我权衡了自己的自尊和孩子的性命
But I weigh my pride against my baby's life, and...
两者根本没有可比性
the scales break with the imbalance.
你还挺会说
You are a poet.
我只是一个
I am a mother...
穷途末路的母亲
in desperate need.
我来这里
剧集 | 圣诞颂歌(2019) | 导航列表