剧集 | 圣诞颂歌(2019) | 导航列表
你通过减少大量使用
You made this place profitable by cutting down
橡木木材来转亏为盈
on the excessive use of oak timbers.
你和马利买♥♥下这个煤矿之前
Before you and Marley bought the mine,
他们毫不吝啬地使用木材
they had used timber quite extravagantly...
来支撑顶板
To support the roof.
塌了
Collapse!
起来 小伙子 快
Get up, lad! Quick!
我们不会受伤 因为我们不在这里
No harm can come to us because we're not here.
他们就没这么走运了
But they are not so lucky.
回忆一下 这是平安夜的午夜时分
Recall. This was midnight on Christmas Eve.
这就是27名男女和孩子
And this the Christmas gift for 27 men and women
以及许多匹马收到的圣诞礼物
and boys and multiple ponies.
你尽量不去想马
You tried not to think about the horses,
但你有想过人吗
but did you ever think about the human souls?
拉我们上去
Pull us up!
看在上帝的份上
In the name of God!
拉我们上去
Pull us up!
看在上帝的份上 木材撑不住了
In the name of God, the timbers won't hold!
救救我们 救救我们
Save us! Save us!
拉我们上去 救救我们
Pull us up! Save us!
你唯一没有数过的
The only thing you didn't count
就是受害者
Were the victims.
救救我们 拉我们上去 救救我们
Save us! Pull us up! Save us!
他们在你给的黑暗中丧命了
They were lost in your darkness.
精灵 我们在哪
Spirit, where... where are we?
这是地狱吗
Is this hell?
不
No.
我们回到了你的三十岁
We are now back in your 30th year,
埃比尼泽·斯克鲁奇
Ebenezer Scrooge.
生意蒸蒸日上
And business is booming.
来吧
Come.
快来 不然我们就要错过了
Come quick, or we'll miss it.
我想解释一下圣诞矿井坍塌
I‐I would just like to explain the Christmas mine collapse
还有原因 根本不像你说的那样
and its causes, which aren't at all how you characterized them.
没时间解释了
There is no time for explanations.
对 没错 又是平安夜了
Yes, yes, it's Christmas Eve again.
但是天黑之后她们还要工作很久
And yet they will all be working until long after dark.
不过来吧 埃比尼泽
But come, Ebenezer.
我担心有什么可怕的事等在前面
I fear something awful awaits.
不 是奇妙的事
No. Something magical.
美好的事
Something wonderful.
利润 埃比尼泽 纯利润
Profit, Ebenezer. Pure profit.
看 斯克鲁奇 你在那里
Look, Scrooge, there you are.
你和马利正处在黄金时期
You and Marley in your prime.
就是这个时候一切开始了
This was the moment when it all really began.
我父亲尸骨未寒
My father's barely cold in his grave
你们就迫不及待地来谈生意
and already you're here with business?
你父亲肯定
Well, your father looks down
在天堂上看着 劝你听我们的话
from heaven and urges you to listen to us.
你父亲很喜欢赌马
Your father was fond of gambling on horses.
喜欢 但根本不擅长
Fond of it, but poor at it.
不能人人都选中德比赛马♥会♥的冠军
And we can't all choose the winner at the Epsom Derby.
一直到他快咽气 我们才知道他输了多少钱
We didn't know how much he'd lost until his last breath.
悲痛让你盲目 慢下脚步
Look, grief blinds you, slows you.
我们是来帮你的
And we're here to help you.
我们认识一些他的
We're familiar with some of the people
私交好友 按我们目前的情况
of his secret acquaintance and we're in a position
也可以买♥♥下你父亲的赌债
to purchase your father's gambling debts.
多亏一个哈利法克斯的赌注登记人 戴戈
Owed to a turf accountant in Halifax, name of Dagger.
你们为什么要这么做
Why would you do that?
恐怕赌马输钱是最微不足道的问题了
I'm afraid the price of slow horses are the least of his legacy.
-放回去 -这种账都不值得写下来
‐ Put that back. ‐ Accounts not worth the paper they're written on.
应该用来交税的钱
Money due to the government revenue
全都花在了和他情妇同名的赛马身上
spent instead on some nag with the same name as his mistress.
你怎么敢
How dare you?
秘密
Secrets,
赌债 情妇
debts, mistresses...
拿着手♥枪♥和镣铐的税务人员
revenue men who bring pistols and chains.
他们不抓鬼魂 年轻人
They can't chain a ghost, young man.
所以会是你
It will be you
被他们丢进大牢
they throw into the lockup.
你们要买♥♥一台织布机吗
You wish to buy one loom?
不 整个工厂
No. The whole mill.
那我想你漏写了个零
Well, I think you missed off a zero.
零什么都不是 所以我们没漏什么
Zero means nothing, so we missed off nothing.
坐下
Sit down.
我们会去对付戴戈
Now, we'll deal with Dagger.
我们在财政局也有朋友
We also have friends at the revenue who will overlook
可以忽视你的继承债务
your inherited liability,
当然这要花上一笔可观的贿赂
in return for a healthy bribe, of course.
工厂本身价值是那个的十倍
The mill itself is worth ten times that.
工厂是不错 但你没有流动资产
The mill is healthy but you have no liquidity.
你现在需要钱
You need money now.
没有我们 那会是场比赛
Without us, it will be a race
是戴戈的手下先来 还是财政局的民兵先来
between Dagger's cutthroats and the revenue's militiamen.
你也要知道 我们会保护你父亲
And please know that your father's reputation
作为虔诚的基♥督♥教顾家男人的名声
as a pious, Christian family man will be safe in our hands.
我们甚至会搞一块纪念匾
We'll even put up a plaque.
那里 就挂在你头上
There. Above your head.
那样你父亲也能安息了
So your father can rest in peace.
那么
Now...
我们达成交易了吗
do we have a deal?
你们用八百镑买♥♥了德斯伯里这个棉纺厂
You bought this cotton mill in Dewsbury for £800,
然后四天后立刻出手
then promptly sold it four days later
卖♥♥了八千镑 工厂被拆成零件
for £8,000 to be demolished and broken up for parts.
你们已经发觉了 多数人的悲剧
You had discovered that tragedy for the many
就是少数人的机遇
is opportunity for the few.
短短四天 五百人失业 净赚7200镑
500 jobs lost and a profit of £7,200 in just four days,
不费吹灰之力
for doing precisely... nothing.
你刚刚目睹的投机主义交易
You and Marley would become celebrated
将成为你和马利闻名的伎俩
for deals like the splendid bit of opportunism you just witnessed.
那是买♥♥卖♥♥
It was business.
你不能怪我做买♥♥卖♥♥
I cannot be blamed for doing business.
我不能怪你建起
You cannot be blamed for building
美丽的庙宇来盈利
your beautiful temple to profit
因为盈利意味着更多 更多 无穷无尽
because profit means more and more and wonderful more.
而且你很体贴 你一直到节礼日And you were very considerate. You didn't tell the workers
圣诞节后的第一个工作日
才告诉工人们他们失业了
they had all lost their jobs until Boxing Day.
你为什么要用虚假的荣耀嘲讽我
Why do you mock me with false glory in your voice?
我是个精灵
I am a spirit.
我是你造出来的 你的荣耀是真实的
I am what you make me, and your glory was real.
真现金 硬通货
Real cash, hard currency.
盈利有什么错 用赚来的钱
Was it so wrong to make a profit? To use that profit
-去赚更多钱 -不 这完全没错
‐ to make more profit? ‐ No, nothing wrong at all.
你赚的每个子儿你都记得清清楚楚
And every penny you made is still there inside your head.
看吧
Behold.
每一台织布机都代表了势不可挡的
Each loom shows another profitable year
斯克鲁奇和马利先生又一个丰收年
for the unstoppable Messrs. Scrooge and Marley.
那是你第四年做生意
That is your fourth year of trading.
你那年净收益是多少
What was your net income that year?
第四年 净收益 665镑
Year four? Net income: £665,
7先令6便士
seven shillings and sixpence.
这是第八年
This is year eight!
总支出是多少
Total expenditure?
总支出 第八年
Expenditure, year eight:
4871镑19先令
£4,871 and 19 shillings,
大多是用来收♥购♥
mostly the acquisition
丹蒙父子公♥司♥和一家伯明翰的线材厂
of Denmon & Sons and a wire factory of Birmingham.
今年 第十年
This year. Your tenth year.
很棒的一年
An excellent year.
剧集 | 圣诞颂歌(2019) | 导航列表