How to make him want me to be their ornament.
因为 莉
Because, Leigh,
女人...
women...
从没有真正拥有过自己的生活
never get to really have their own lives.
她们必须成为男人生活的装饰品
They must be accessories to the lives of men.
是吗?
We do?
是的
Oh, yes.
现在 你长大了
And now that you're older...
我必须教你
I must teach you.
如果你长着一头秀发
If you have nice hair,
穿着高跟和昂贵衣物
heels, and expensive clothes,
加上你的天生丽质
and your natural beauty...
那男人随你挑选
you can have any man you want.
像爸爸那样的?
Someone like Papa?
眼光更高点
Set your sights higher.
意思是 更有钱
And by "higher," I mean richer.
真正的富人
True wealth.
这周末派对之前
For your party this weekend,
我会带你去一个地方
I am taking you somewhere
让你看看你该争取的那种生活
so you can see the kind of life you should strive for,
以及你该争取的男人
and the kind of man.
真是位美人
Isn't she darling?
莉 这位是托尼·泰特顿
Leigh, this is Tony Tatterton.
欢迎光临寒舍
Welcome to my humble abode.
噢 这位是我小♥弟♥弟♥ 特洛伊
Ah, and this is my baby brother, Troy.
我不小了
I'm not a baby.
你好 特洛伊
Hello, Troy.
你好
Hello.
来吧
Now come.
我们必须带你看看
We must show you
你妈妈闲暇时候在忙些什么
what your mother has been up to in her spare time.
妈妈...
Mama...
这是我见过的最美的东西
this is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
莉 我还没画完呢
Well, Leigh, I'm not quite finished yet.
能让这幅画锦上添花的
The only thing that would make it better
是吉莉安本人的画像
is if Jillian was in it herself.
嘴很甜 谢谢
You're too kind. Thank you.
莉 看
Leigh, look.
你妈妈把我画进去了
Your mother put me in it.
想象一下 28岁就如此才华横溢
Imagine. This kind of talent at the age of 28.
但妈妈已经...
But Mama is--
托尼 不如我就在这里继续作画
Tony, why don't I get started here,
你带莉参观房♥子吧
and you can show Leigh the rest of the estate.
但我想看你画画
But Mama, I want to watch you paint.
我只有在一个人时才能画 亲爱的
I can only work alone, dear.
那就让我带你看看吧
Let me show you around then.
去吧 可人儿
Go on, doll.
你是在法辛盖尔长大的吗
Is Farthinggale where you grew up?
这是我唯一的家
The only home I've ever known.
我也只在我们现在的家里生活过
I've only lived in our home, too,
即便我爸经常旅游
even though Papa travels so very often.
看来我们都必须开拓我们的眼界了
Well, we both must broaden your horizons.
这是迷宫
There's the maze.
哇哦 看上去很好玩
Wow. That looks fun.
别被骗了
Don't let it fool you.
有人在里面走丢过
People have gotten lost in there.
特洛伊 你带莉去工作室
Troy, why don't you take Leigh to the studio
给她看看泰特顿家的玩具吧
to show her some Tatterton Toys?
留到午夜吧
Stay till midnight.
你真是不可救药
You're incorrigible!
噢 你在这儿啊
Oh! There you are.
我不知道你觉得你刚刚看到了什么
Really, I don't know what you think you saw.
他在给你拉裙子拉链
He was zipping up your dress.
因为它掉下来啦!
Because it came unzipped!
我的天
Oh, my.
你真是傻的可爱
You're adorable.
想象力真丰富
Such an imagination.
竟然想出那些事情!
The things you think of!
要是生活在那样的环境里不是很棒吗?
Wouldn't it be magnificent to live like that?
那才叫真商人
That is a real businessman.
他的一切都是从他们家祖传的玩具公♥司♥那儿继承来的
He inherited everything from his family's toy company.
是的 那又怎样?
Yeah, so what?
爸爸自己创立的公♥司♥
Papa founded his own company.
但他只知道工作
And all he does is work
而他马上就要破产了
and he's a penny away from bankruptcy.
你配得上更好的
You deserve better than that--
所以明晚才如此重要
which is why tomorrow night is so special.
你会被介绍给从波士顿
You are going to be introduced to some of the best families
纽波特 纽约来的一些达官显赫的家庭
from Boston, Newport, New York,
最重要的是
and most importantly...
他们的儿子
their sons.
噢...
Oh...
亨利来了
It's Henry.
他父亲从事制药业
His father is in pharmaceuticals.
晚上好
Good evening.
幸会
Pleased to meet you.
吉莉安
Jillian...
你美呆了
you look stunning!
托尼 你说的我都不好意思了
Tony, you're gonna make me blush.
呃...
Um...
托尼 这是我老公 克里夫
Tony, this is my husband, Cleave.
哈
Ah.
-托尼 -嗯
-Tony. -Mm-hmm.
我听说壁画的事了
I've heard about the mural.
相信你一定很满意
I trust you're pleased.
噢 非常壮观
Oh, it's magnificent.
是嘛
How about that?
噢 不好意思
Oh! Excuse me.
你好...
Hello...
你犹如梦中女神 莉
You're a dream, Leigh.
你好 托尼
Hello, Tony.
特洛伊来了吗?
Did Troy come?
噢 最近他特别容易困倦
Oh, he's quite easily tired these days.
所以他最好还是留在家里
He's better left at home.
走吧 托尼
Come, Tony.
我们去喝一杯
Let's go get a drink.
可以借走她吗?
May I?
我一整晚都在等这支舞
I have been waiting all evening for this dance.
是嘛?
You have?
嗯哼
Mm-hmm.
趁你还没累坏 我可以占用一下你的时间吗?
Before you tire yourself out, may I have a moment?
你知道
You know,
总有一天 我会在圣坛边把你交给另一个人
one day, I'm gonna have to give you away at the altar,
莉
Leigh,
所以我得赶紧习惯这些排着队的男孩们
so I'd better get used to lines of boys
争夺你的注意
vying for your attention.
但 即使你嫁为人妇
Still, even though you'll be married,
我还是想你有个选择
I want you to have a choice,
一个只属于你自己一个人的选择
something that is yours and yours alone--
大学学位也好 事业也好
perhaps a college degree, a career,
你自己的目标和公♥司♥
your own goals and agency.
我有东西给你
I got you something.
倾听你的内心
"Listen to your heart
海浪会带你去那儿
and the waves will take you there."
我能帮你戴上吗?
May I?
我很喜欢 爸爸
I love it, Papa.
我爱你 甜心
I love you, sweetie.
你在干嘛?
What are you doing?
真是让我难堪
You are embarrassing me.
你喝醉了
You're drunk.
我为你贷款买♥♥皮草
电影精选列表