我真的很高兴 她已经恢复健康了
I was pleased she had recovered
还有人照看她 但是
and had someone to look after her, but...
都已经过去好几个星期了 我真的很想她
as the weeks went by, I missed her.
不知道她的变化是不是和我一样大
And I wondered if her life had changed as much as mine.
最后 通牒
逾期 两月 未缴费
呃
Uh...
-维克多 -嗯
-Victor? -Mmm-hmm?
这是斯特拉斯曼大人的信
This letter for master straussman.
我们现在要进城了 噢
We are going out on the town. Oh!
我们到了
Here we are.
我是这俱乐部的终身会员
I have a tenured membership at the club,
这都是托了我父亲的福
thanks to my father's...
他是这俱乐部的创始会员
status as a charter member.
他出资创办了这俱乐部
Bought the velvet for the seats.
他们都说
Your father...
你的父亲是个了不起的人
is what they call a great man.
是位德高望重的医生
Esteemed doctor,
皇家医学院的医师成员
member of the royal college of physicians, and...
心脏领域的先驱者
pioneer in the field of cardio-physiology.
真希望哪天能有幸与他会面
I should be honored to meet him someday.
还是不要了 看 我们到了
Uh, perhaps not. Look, here's the club!
维克多大人 我觉得我来这并不合适
Master Victor, I'm not sure I'm suited for this.
呸
Pish!
你只管挺直你的腰 把嘴巴放干净
Just keep your back straight, your words clean,
别做什么让我丢人的事
and do your damnedest not to embarrass me.
在大缸里长大的婴儿
Babies grown in vats!
维克多 你觉得
Victor, do you think this is
在这谈论这些真的合适吗
really the appropriate place to talk about this?
我的天 我只不过想
Help me! I am just trying to inform
让这两位美丽的小姐知道
these two wonderful young ladies that...
生命不一定非要在女性的身体里孕育
fertilization needn't take place inside the female body.
精♥子♥ 精♥液♥
Sperm! Sperms!
精♥子♥能运动吗
Can sperm move?
-可以的 -谢谢你
-They can. -Thank you.
那他们为什么不能单独地
Why can't it move independently
游到卵子里呢 就像 呃
towards the egg in, say, a...
游到一个桶里一样
bucket?
那什么时候需要母亲呢
Where does the mother fit in?
问得好 你马上要学到很多了
Exactly! You're off educating yourself!
等我们需要你的时候
By the time we need you, we're...
我们就把受精卵吸到一个漏斗里
sucking the fertilized egg up into a funnel
然后再放到你的
and then we shuck it up your...
伊戈尔
Igor?
不好意思
Excuse me?
对不起 我还以为你是我认识的一个人
Sorry, I thought I recognized you.
你没有认错人
Well, you might do.
我想不起你的名字
I don't remember your name.
其实我没有名字
Well, I never had one.
是你
It's you.
是我
It's me.
是的 看上去有点不一样了
Well, yeah, a bit different.
你救了我
You saved my life.
你救了我的命
My life.
真无聊
Boring!
他是你的朋友吗
Friend of yours?
那是博尼米男爵
That's baron bomine.
他让我在他的歌♥厅工作
He recruited me to be in his cabaret...
我还是他的公开伴侣
and his consort in public.
好吧
Right.
他更喜欢和男人待在一起
He, uh... Prefers the company of men.
噢
Oh.
我现在有名字了
I have a name now.
我叫伊戈尔
I am Igor.
怎么了
What?
很好
It's perfect.
这位女士似乎认为
This woman seems to think
人的大脑是粉色的
that the human brain is pink.
实际上 大脑是灰色的
In fact, it is grey.
那是维克多·弗兰肯斯坦
That's Victor Frankenstein.
跟牡蛎一样灰 我说完了
Grey like this oyster. I'm done.
他救了我 也帮忙一起救了你
He's the man who rescued me. And he helped save you.
他一直都是那样的吗
Is he always like that?
不 他很聪明 人也很好
No. He's very clever, and he is kind.
他只是觉得普通人太
He just finds ordinary people very...
平庸了
ordinary.
维克多 你是怎么
Victor, how did you...
你是谁
Who are you?
你是那个坠落的天使
You're the fallen angel.
最近有从别的高处掉下来过吗
Plummeted from any other great heights lately?
也许你应该在这跳下去试试 这只有 噢
Maybe you should try this one. It's only, oh...
只有三十英尺 你可是从更高的地方跳下来过呢
all of 30 feet. You've had worse.
恐怕这里唯一直线骤降的就只有
I'm afraid the only thing plummeting here
我对您的印象吧 弗兰肯斯提先生
is my opinion of you, Mr. Frankenschteen.
-是弗兰肯斯坦 -好了好了 维克多
-Frankenstein. -All right, Victor.
伊戈尔 呃
Igor, um...
伊戈尔跟我说了不少您的好话
Igor speaks very highly of you.
你能赏脸和我们一起聊聊吗
Would you like to join us?
虽然我现在不能告诉你一切
Now, of course, I can't tell you everything,
但是我可以告诉你
but suffice it to say...
伊戈尔和我正在研究
Igor and I stand upon the cusp of...
如何化死为生
creating life out of death.
-弗兰肯斯坦先生 -维克多 请叫我维克多
-Mr. Frankenstein... -Victor. Please.
我觉得您的言论十分可怕
I find your promise more than a little unsettling.
噢
Ooh.
-我们听上去像是什么邪教吗 -不
-Superstitious, are we? -No.
您就不怕触犯大自然的规律吗
Are you not afraid to challenge the natural order?
伊戈尔 告诉她 你是怎么想的
Igor, speak up. What do you think?
曾经 我的想法和你一样 罗蕾莱
Once, I would have agreed with you, Lorelei,
但是仔细想想看
but think about it.
二十年前 人们还以为
Twenty years ago, electric lights
电灯只是某种魔法呢
would have been thought of as magic.
你在马戏团受的伤本来是没办法医治的
Your injuries in the circus would have been fatal.
每一天 科学和技术都在改变
Every day science and technology
我们的生活方式
changes the way we live our lives.
你看我不就是个例子吗
Look at me.
说得好 年轻人
Well said, that man.
生命和死亡可不一样
Life and death are different.
生命和死亡
"Life and death!"
我梦想着能有这样的一个世界 希望能取代害怕
I dream of a world where hope replaces fear.
在那里 被害者能站在法庭上
A world where a murdered man
指认谋杀他的人
can stand in court to face his murderer.
一个脊椎里残留着弹片 瘸腿的士兵
Where a crippled soldier, shrapnel in his spine...
可以先死 后治愈
can be killed, healed,
等他再次重生的时候 他又可以走路了
then brought back to life to walk again.
你还不明白吗 这样生命就充满了
Don't you see? The possibilities are...
无限可能 生命是美好的
endless! Life is beautiful!
只可惜生命是有限的
But unfortunately it is finite.
来 告诉我 上面写着什么
Now, tell me what that says.
死亡 谢谢你
"Death." Thank you very much.
我没法用言语说服你
I cannot argue with that.
你看 白纸黑字
There it is, in black and white.
但只要加上一点科学技巧
But with a little applied science...
你看 现在这上面写着什么
what do I give you now?
生命
"Life."
这正是我想努力实现的
That's what I'm trying to do.
也许我话说得太早了
Perhaps I spoke too soon.
你不要再和那个女孩见面了
You shouldn't see that girl again.
什么 为什么
What? Why?
她确实很不错
Well, she's very nice.
但是无知又迷信 她会影响到我们的工作
Uneducated, superstitious. Distraction from our work.
电影精选列表