- So, it's true. - Yes, of course it's true.
-这跟... -考试前一晚
- It doesn't... - The night before the exam,
你还陪她去了音乐厅
you accompanied her to the concert hall.
这也和落榜无关吗
That, also, has nothing to do with this?
她都不是天主教♥徒♥ 罗纳德
She's not even Catholic, Ronald.
你的母亲
Your mother
为你付出了很多
made a sacrifice.
她知道自己时日无多了
She knew she was dying
然后她把你的未来还有教育的重任交给我
and she trusted your future and education to me.
我不愿辜负她的信任
I intend to honor that.
你该做出抉择了
The time has come for you to choose
是否要以她为榜样
whether or not you will follow in her example.
我不太明白你的意思
I don't think I understand.
我不得不要求你
I must ask you
同布拉特小姐断绝来往
to have nothing more to do with Miss Bratt.
这太可笑了 完全不公平
That's ridiculous. That's completely unfair.
-话虽如此 -不 不 我
- Nevertheless. - No. No, I...
我做不到 也不愿意
I can't. I won't.
我是你的法定监护人...
I am your legal guardian...
是的 但你不理解
Yes, but you don't understand.
-我完全理解 -不 神父
- I understand perfectly. - No. Father.
我爱她
I love her.
我也希望
I wish...
罗纳德 我也希望你可以
Ronald, I wish you could enjoy
同你的朋友一样随心所欲
the same luxuries other boys do.
-我也希望... -不 你这是嫉妒
- I wish... - No, you're jealous.
你根本不这么希望 你不过是嫉妒
You don't want that at all. You're jealous.
你口上这么说 但不是真心的 你是神父
You say that but you don't mean it. You're a priest.
你对爱一无所知 你怎么懂得爱
You don't know anything about love. How could you?
-听我说 -你不过是想让我孤身一人
- Listen to me. - You want me to be alone.
你想让我像你一样孤身一人 一无所有
You want me to live alone like you and have nothing.
我不会的 我不会那样生活的
I won't. I won't live like that.
如果年满21岁后 你还这么觉得
If after the age of 21, you still feel the same way,
你当然可以想做什么就做什么
you are, of course, free to do as you please.
但是在那之前
Until that time,
你必须履行你的责任
you have a duty to fulfill.
并且你会履行的 罗纳德
And you will fulfill it, Ronald.
所以上帝在上 好好去履行
So, help me God, you will fulfill it.
我不能再落榜了
I can't fail it again.
你知道如果我没考上牛津 会怎么样吗
And you know what will happen if I don't get into Oxford.
我会成为一名神父
I could become a priest,
但我觉得独身的生活
but I don't think a life of celibacy
不是你我想要的
is what either of us had in mind.
伊迪丝
Edith?
伊迪丝 只要等到我成年就好
Edith, it's just until I reach my majority.
拜托 罗纳德
Oh, for God's sake, Ronald.
别这么夸张
Don't be so dramatic.
没什么关系的
It doesn't matter.
不 别这么说 当然有关系
No, don't say that. Of course, it matters.
我不明白你为什么这么难接受
I don't know why you're taking it so hard.
事情不过是回归正常 仅此而已
Things are just returning to normal, that's all.
回归现实
To reality.
不 我不会放弃我们的未来的
No, I won't give up on our future.
所以我才...
That's why I'm...
我拒绝放弃我们的未来
I refuse to give up on that.
你肯定会放弃的
Of course, you will.
比你想象中放弃得还快
More quickly than you think.
-我也一样 -不 那不是真的
- So will I. - No, that's not true.
伊迪丝 拜托了 听我说
Edith, please. Look...
我告诉自己
I let myself believe
像我们这样的人会有美满的结局
that there were happy endings for people like us.
但其实不会有
But there aren't.
不可能会有
There can't be.
但你会得到你的美满结局
But you get your happy ending.
希望你喜欢牛津
Hope you enjoy Oxford.
不 伊迪丝
No. Edith.
我需要你的帮助
I need your help.
我需要休息 山姆
I need to rest, Sam.
你得去找杰弗里
You have to find Geoffrey.
长官 我不会把你留在这里的
Sir, I'm not leaving you here.
-山姆 -我不会把你留在这里的
- Sam. - I'm not leaving you here.
山姆 这是命令
Sam. It's an order.
找到杰弗里 然后告诉他不要失去希望
Find Geoffrey and tell him not to lose hope.
告诉他TCBS 我们...
Tell him that the T.C.B.S., we...
别让他死
Just keep him alive.
谢谢你 山姆
Thank you, Sam.
-是一条龙吗 -是一条龙 一条龙
- Is it a dragon? - It's a dragon. It's a dragon.
我的天啊
For goodness' sake.
我在想 我之前是不是说过
I was wondering, did I mention before...
The set of the play is very much inspired by the architecture of Trinity.
Sorry, chaps.
But what's it about?
- And so, you're the poet? - No, uh, that's Geoffrey.
我觉得你们牛津人应该加把劲了 不是吗
I think you Oxford men should be upping the game. No?
-我们接下来去哪儿 -说说看
- Where are we off to next? - Yes, do tell.
-嗯 我们要去... -不好意思
- Yes, where shall we...? - Sorry, excuse me.
好吧
Right.
偷一辆公交 这就是你的计划吗
Stealing a bus? That's your plan?
-吉尔森 别出声 -快点
- Gilson! Quiet! - Hurry up!
我记得那场比赛是牛津男队
I think that particular match it was the Oxford men
对剑桥男队
versus the Cambridge boys.
拜托 裁判就是个瞎子
Come on, the referee was blind.
我在此宣布
I hereby declare
TCBS第三届牛津会议
the third Oxford council of the T.C.B.S.
正式开始
well and truly open.
热烈欢迎
And would like to welcome
老鹰与孩子酒吧的姑娘们赏脸光临
our damsels from the Eagle and Child as honorary guests.
希望我们的每次会议都能
May all our meetings take place
在某辆废弃公交上举♥行♥
on an abandoned omnibus.
"废弃"这词是不是有点夸张了
I think the word "abandoned" might be stretching it.
或许有一点
Maybe a bit.
什么是TCB
What is the T.C.B.?
你是说TCBS吗
The T.C.B.S.
我觉得你并不喜欢我 盗贼先生
I don't think you like me, Mr. Burglar.
-不好意思 我只是... -我替我的朋友道歉
- Sorry, I was just... - I apologize for my friend.
-他心里一直想着某个人 -什么
- He's pining for someone. - What?
他一直想着美丽的布拉特小姐
He's pining for the delectable Miss Bratt.
别理他
Take no notice of him.
美丽的布拉特小姐是谁
Who's the delectable Miss Bratt?
-她谁也不是 -真的吗 托勒斯
- She's no one. - Oh, is she, Tollers?
过去几个月里
The way you've been moping around
你一直闷在屋子里
for the past couple of months.
在一位女士面前谈论
It's not very nice to talk about another lady
另一位女士 很不得体
when you're with someone.
是的 你说得很对 我向你道歉 默特尔
No, you're absolutely right. I apologize, Myrtle.
我叫贝里尔
It's Beryl.
看到没 躺在一位美丽女孩的怀抱里
See? See? Sitting in the arms of a beautiful girl
还记不住人家的名字
and he can't even remember her name.
如果我记不住名字这事
I'm sorry if my difficulties
扫了你的兴 我很抱歉
are getting in the way of your diversions.
你自己做的决定 托尔金
You made a decision, Tolkien.
没人逼你那么做
Nobody forced you into it.
-什么 -伊迪丝还是牛津
- What? - Edith or Oxford.
你选择了牛津 所以现在在这里
You chose Oxford, and here you are!
和三个美丽的姑娘还有你的好朋友
Sat on a commandeered bus with three beautiful girls
坐在强占的公交上
and your best friends.
老天 好好享受
For God's sake, enjoy yourself!
-没人逼我吗 -是的
- Nobody forced me? - Oh, yes...
-没人逼我吗 -是的
- Nobody forced me? - Oh, yes...
又要说那位神父 你的捐助人
The priest. Your benefactor.
克里斯 闹得有点过了
Chris, this is getting out of hand.
你不明白的事
Don't talk about things you
-就别说 克里斯 -谢谢 今晚真棒