And you're engaged.
他是个很善良的人
He's very kind.
非常体贴 真的是个好人
Very considerate. A good person, really.
有些话我必须要说
There is something I have to say...
罗纳德
Ronald.
我犯下了此生最大的错误
I made the biggest mistake of my life
我没有一天一刻
and there hasn't been a day, a moment...
停止过对你的思念
I've never stopped thinking about you.
你是我遇见过的最非凡的灵魂
You are the most remarkable spirit I have ever met.
你拥有勇气 智慧 才华
You have courage and resourcefulness, talent,
你令人发狂地 异乎寻常地为自己骄傲
you're proud, maddeningly, wonderfully, so;
你如此可爱 充满朝气
and you are cunning and vibrant
活力十足
and completely alive.
你值得拥有一切你能找到的幸福
You deserve every happiness you find.
不 不是这样
No. No, you don't.
你值得拥有的不是幸福 这不是我...
You don't deserve happiness, that's not what I...
我想说的是
What I mean is...
你值得拥有的比这多得多
you deserve much more.
你值得拥有魔力
You deserve magic.
是那艘吗
Is it that one?
是阿斯卡尼斯号♥It's the Ascanius.
特洛伊英雄埃涅阿斯的儿子经历了特洛伊灭亡
听起来像是出自你的故事
Sounds like something out of one of your stories.
是啊 "怜悯阿斯卡尼斯王国可怜的人♥民♥"
Yes. "Pity the poor citizens of the kingdom of Ascanius."
为什么我们要怜悯他们
Why shall we pity them?
为了他们悲惨的历史
For their terrible history.
为了他们的耻辱
For their shame.
他们的悔恨
Their regrets.
他们应该原谅自己
They should forgive themselves.
他们做不到
They can't.
兰开夏团上阿斯卡尼斯号♥
Lancashires on the Ascanius!
我最好...
I'd better...
这次重逢真好
This has been so nice.
再见 小不点
Goodbye, little one.
伊迪丝
Edith.
-我爱你 -我爱你
- I love you. - I love you.
-我太爱你了 -我知道
- I love you so much. - I know.
我无法控制对你的爱
There's nothing I could do about it.
我知道 我也是
I know. I can't either.
我得走了
I have to go.
活下来
Stay alive.
回到我身边
And come back to me.
活下来 回到我身边
Stay alive and come back to me.
长官 长官 我找到他们了 快起来
Sir, sir, I found them. Get up!
-我找到了兰开夏团第十九营 -杰弗
- I found the 19th Lancashires. - Geoff.
你得起来 长官
You have to get up, sir.
我们去找你的朋友 就快到了
Let's find your friend. We're almost there.
开火
Fire!
爬上梯子
Get up the ladder!
装上刺刀
Attach your bayonets!
我做不到
I can't do it.
快点 二等兵 快点
Come on, Private. Come on!
杰弗里
Geoffrey!
这边走 快点
This way! Quickly!
快点 兰开夏团的
Right, you Lancashires!
杰弗里
Geoffrey!
杰弗里·贝奇·史密斯在哪儿
Where's Geoffrey Bache Smith?
杰弗里·贝奇·史密斯中尉
Lieutenant Geoffrey Bache Smith?
杰弗里·贝奇·史密斯不在这里 他已经上去了
Bache Smith isn't here. He's already gone over the top.
-不 -是的 抱歉
- No! - Yes. Sorry.
杰弗里
Geoffrey!
不要停下来救伤员
Don't stop for wounded.
杰弗里
Geoffrey!
-长官 你要干什么 等等 -别跟着我
- Sir, what are you doing? Wait! - Don't follow me.
爬上梯子 兰开夏团
Up the ladder, Lancashires!
杰弗
Geoff!
杰弗里
Geoffrey!
不要慢下来
Don't slow down!
杰弗
Geoff!
罗纳德
Ronald!
杰弗
Geoff!
杰弗
Geoff!
杰弗
Geoff!
罗纳德
Ronald!
杰弗里
Geoffrey!
罗纳德
Ronald!
杰弗
Geoff!
什么
What?
罗纳德
Ronald!
杰弗
Geoff!
罗纳德
Ronald!
罗纳德
Ronald!
杰弗
Geoff!
杰弗里
Geoffrey!
有毒气
Gas!
快把面具戴上
Get that bloody mask on!
有毒气
Gas!
你好
Hello.
别起身
Don't try to sit up.
你睡了很长一段时间
You've been asleep for a very long time.
你得了战壕热 不过你没事了
You've had trench fever, but you're all right.
你回家了
You're home.
我试图去找他
I tried to find him.
找谁
Who?
杰弗里 我...
Geoffrey, I...
我听到他的...
I heard him...
我能听到他的声音
I could hear him.
杰弗里...去世了
Geoffrey is... is dead.
他几周前去世了
He died weeks ago.
什么
What?
不
No.
罗伯特·吉尔森 他...
Robert Gilson, he was...
他中弹了
he was hit.
他也去世了
He's also dead.
罗比和杰弗里
Robbie and Geoffrey.
我很遗憾
I'm sorry.
罗 我很遗憾
Ron, I'm so sorry.
但是你没事了 你回家了 一切都...
But you're fine. You're home. Every...
一切都会好起来的 我保证
Everything's going to be fine. I promise.
我每天下午都在安慰
I spend my every afternoon
母亲和寡妇
with mothers, widows.
我能对她们说什么
What can I say to them?
你们的儿子死在了为了结束一切战争的战争中
Your sons have died in the war to end all wars.
你都对她们说什么
What do you say?
语言是无用的
Words are useless.
至少现代语言是无用的
Modern words, anyway.
我念诵祷告文
I speak the liturgy.
我认为 在距离感中能获取安慰
There's a comfort, I think, in distance.
古老的东西中
Ancient things.
你生病的整个期间
Throughout the whole of your illness,
布拉特小姐从没离开过你床边
Miss Bratt never left your bedside.
一次也没有
Not once.
你追求她是正确的
You were right to pursue her.
谢谢
Thank you.
这封信是通过
This arrived for you via...
非常迂回的途径寄给你的
a very circuitous route.
据我所知 这是他在弥留之际写的
He wrote it, I believe, during his last days.
亲爱的约翰·罗纳德
My dear John Ronald,
如果我熬不过今晚 我心中最大的安慰
It is my chief consolation that if I am scuppered tonight
就是仍有一位TCBS的伟大成员
there will still be left a great member of the T.C.B.S.
能说出我的梦想和我们达成的共识
to voice what I dreamed and what we all agreed upon.
那就是 不能让一个成员的死亡