So, you've written nothing?
我没法进入状态 感觉很困惑
I can't get into my stride. I feel... unfocused.
你知道那是什么病症的表现吗
You know what I think that's a symptom of?
便秘
Constipation?
爱情 不管是单恋还是相恋
Love. Requited or otherwise.
是啊 谢了
Yes. Thank you.
你对人情事理的见解
What a wonderful insight
真是太深刻了 克里斯
into the human condition, Chris.
可惜你没能把这些融入到你的音乐中
It's a pity it doesn't find its way into your music.
我很吃惊 你居然以为
You know, I'm surprised you expect us to believe
我们会相信你的话 托尔金
a single word you say, Tolkien.
你这话什么意思
What's that supposed to mean?
你向我们隐瞒了可爱的布拉特小姐
You kept the delectable Miss Bratt from us.
谁知道你还隐瞒了什么
Who knows what else you might be concealing.
克里斯托弗
Christopher.
我的妻子 三个孩子 还有在阿根廷的牧场
A wife, three children and a ranch in Argentina.
既然你都这么问了
Since you ask.
天哪 我也想拥有托尔金的秘密人生
God, I wish I had Tolkien's secret life,
对吧 杰夫
Eh, Geoff?
好好打台球 行吗
Can we please just play the game?
你不是说他不在家吗
I thought you said he was away?
他是不在家
Yes, he was.
他...
He is...
杰弗里 快给我 谢谢
Geoffrey, give me that quickly. Thank you.
这些东西该放哪儿
Where do I put these things?
快点 快点
Quickly. Quickly, quickly.
-先生 -校长
- Sir. - Headmaster.
这是在干什么
What's this?
你说过我可以请朋友来玩 先生
You said I might have some friends here, sir.
你不在家的时候可以
While you were away.
你姑妈的情况好转了
Your aunt is better.
所以我就回家了
I came home.
我还有工作要忙 让他们回家吧
I have work to do. Send them home now.
我答应了他们可以在这过夜 先生
I've promised the boys that they can stay the night, sir.
但是现在情况不一样了
Circumstances have changed, however.
现在他们要回家去
And now they will go home.
赫尔海姆
Helheimr.
别犯傻了
Don't be ridiculous.
赫尔海姆
Helheimr.
赫尔海姆
Helheimr.
此时不做 更待何时
If not now, then when?
先生
Sir?
我不想收回我发出的邀请 先生
I prefer not to go back on my offer of hospitality, sir.
我觉得这样不礼貌
I think it ungentlemanly.
你觉得
You think...
不好意思 你觉得什么
I'm sorry. What?
不礼貌 先生
Ungentlemanly, sir.
父亲 我觉得这样很失礼
Father, I think it rude.
他们是来这里学习的
The boys are here to study.
并且打台球
And play billiards.
是的 并且打台球
Yes, and play billiards.
我们学习很刻苦 先生 而且他们是我的朋友
We've worked hard, sir. And these are my friends.
我答应了他们
And I have made them a promise, which...
恕我直言
with respect,
我不想食言
I would like to keep.
很好
Very well.
吉尔森 你真是个英雄
Gilson. You're a bloody hero.
-你们别闹 -英雄
- Boys, stop. - Bloody hero.
赫尔海姆
Helheimr.
古德语里有一句老话
There's a word in old German,
没有对应的英文翻译
it has no translation in English,
意思是说争吵过后
but it means a gift offered fearfully
胆战心惊的赔礼
in the wake of an argument.
谢罪礼
Drachenfutter.
字面意思是"龙的食物"
Literally, "Dragon Food."
伯明翰交响乐团
《尼伯龙根的指环》
[瓦格纳作]
我成了龙了
So now I'm a dragon?
瓦格纳把它写成了四幕联篇乐剧
Wagner wrote it in four acts.
故事由一枚指环开始
It starts with a ring,
一枚可以统治世界的魔法指环
a magical ring which can rule the world
它是由一名矮人打造的
and which is forged by a dwarf.
是阿伯利奇It's Alberich.
我也读过一些德国神话
Well, I have picked up the odd bit of German mythology.
但为了使用指环的力量
But to harness the ring's power,
首先你必须宣布舍弃爱
you first have to renounce love.
在我看来 这种交换合情合理
A very sensible exchange, in my opinion.
那是因为你是个冷酷无情的维京人
Well, that's because you're a coldhearted Viking.
两个上层楼座 谢谢
Two, please. Upper gallery.
顶层和上层楼座都满了
Gallery and upper gallery full.
不好意思 什么
Sorry, what?
顶层和上层楼座都满了 不好意思
The gallery and upper gallery are full. I'm sorry.
什么座位都没有了吗
Nothing at all?
满了的意思就是没有了 所以是的 先生
That's what we mean by full, sir, yes.
楼厅前座还有空座
There is availability in the dress circle.
楼厅前座
The dress circle.
但是门票五先令
But that's five shillings.
而且我们尊敬地要求
And we do respectfully ask patrons
那层的客人穿着得体 先生
to dress appropriately for that tier, sir.
我们走吧
Come on.
伊迪丝
Edith.
跟我来
Follow me.
对不起
Sorry.
没关系
It's fine.
太丢脸了
Humiliating.
数便士凑钱 太丢人了
Counting out the pennies. It's shameful.
我不要过这样的生活
I'm not going to live like that.
你也不应该
And neither should you.
只不过是门票而已 我们可以...下周再来
They're just tickets. We can...come back next week.
不是门票的事
It's not the tickets.
是在于守护那些你爱的人
It's about not losing the people you love.
照顾他们
Looking after them.
我母亲 她...
My mother, she...
她生病了
She was sick.
我不知道是什么病
I don't know what it was.
但是如果我能负担得起
But, maybe, if I could have paid...
去请医生 我
for a doctor, I...
那也许...
then...
抱歉
Sorry.
这个赔礼太失败了
This isn't going to work.
不过是个很棒的主意
It was a nice idea, though.
开始答卷
You may begin.
牛津入学考试 第一场考试
Oxford entrance. Paper 1.
现在是九点钟
The time is nine o'clock,
你们有三小时答题时间
and you have three hours.
祝各位好运
Good luck.
听我说 我可以再考一次
Look, I can take it again.
我可以再考一次 就可以通过了
I can take it again, and I can pass.
仅仅通过是不够的
To pass is not enough.
你需要奖学金
You need a scholarship.
我很担心 罗纳德
I'm worried, Ronald.
吉尔森少爷肯定不需要奖学金
I'm sure Master Gilson has no need for a scholarship.
至于杰弗里·史密斯...
As for Geoffrey Smith...
这跟我的朋友又没关系
This has nothing to do with my friends.
我们互相鼓励和督促对方
We encourage each other, we push each other on.
跟你住一个楼的房♥客
Your fellow lodger.
布拉特小姐
Miss Bratt.
不 伊迪丝跟我落榜一点关系都没有
No, Edith has nothing to do with my failing that exam.
有人看见你晚上从她的房♥间里出来
You were seen coming out of her room. At night.
我们在聊天
We talked.
我们经常聊天
We talk to each other.
-所以你出入她的房♥间是真事 -当然是真的