第一次世界大战
长官 你去哪儿
Sir? Where are you going?
去前线找个朋友
Up the line to find a friend.
如果我没回来 你知道该把我的东西寄到哪里
If I'm not back, you know where to send my things.
等等
Well, wait...
长官 等等
Sir, wait!
托尔金 长官
Tolkien, sir!
长官 请不要这么做 你需要休息
Sir, please don't do this. You need to rest.
不用 我不累
No, I'm fine.
回营房♥等我回来
Go back to barracks and wait for me there.
长官 你真的需要好好休息
Sir, you really need to lay down.
医生说你的发热可能会加重
The doctor said that the fever might get worse.
我真的觉得你不该...
I really don't think...
听着 霍奇斯 你留在这儿
Look, Hodges, stay here.
这是命令
That's an order.
挡住脸 长官 趴下
Cover your face, sir! Keep down!
那滩水真冷
That water was cold.
你得注意保暖 长官
You need to keep yourself warm, sir.
离前线还有好长一段路
It's a long journey to the front.
今夜会很难熬 长官
I don't think the night will treat us well, sir.
作战
Fight, men!
他们人太多了
There's too many of them!
我们需要支援
We need reinforcements!
去夺旗
Take the banner!
太好了 我抢到旗了
Yes, I have the banner!
拦住他们 他要跑了
Stop them! He's getting away!
托尔金去哪了
Where's Tolkien?
-他在哪儿 -托尔金
- Where is he? - Tolkien!
我祈祷能有强壮的骡子帮我扛箱子 看呀
I prayed for a strong pack mule to help carry boxes, and look,
我的祈祷奏效了
my prayers have been answered.
我们这是要去哪儿
Where are we going?
伯明翰 你回房♥间打包行李吧
Birmingham. I need you to go to your room and pack.
-什么 为什么 -因为我让你去
- What? Why? - Because I said so.
因为弗朗西斯神父给我们安排了房♥间
Because Father Francis has found us some rooms.
他很慷慨
He's been very generous.
拿个箱子装行李吧
Find a box and collect your things.
我不想去伯明翰
I don't want to go to Birmingham.
你们俩听好了
Listen, both of you.
我们...
We...
过来 希勒里
Come here, Hilary.
孩子们 我们要过一段苦日子了
Boys, we are going to face some difficult times,
有教堂的帮助 我们很幸运
and we are fortunate to have the church to support us.
你们的父亲已不在人世...
With your father gone...
罗纳德
Ronald.
罗纳德
Ronald!
"心安之处即是家"
"Ubi bene ibi patria."
还记得这句话吗 宝贝
Remember that, my darling?
心安之处
Wherever you feel happy,
即是家
that's your home.
我们会找到落脚处的 亲爱的 会找到的
We will find our place, sweetheart, we will.
把这里的一切牢记于心
Lock all this all in your heart.
记牢了 便会永存心间 我保证
Lock it tight, and it will be there forever, I promise.
孩子们 听好了
Boys, listen to me.
你们知道什么叫一贫如洗吗
Do you know what impecunious circumstances are?
就是我们现在的处境吗
They're what we're in?
我小时候 新的小说开头都是这么写的
When I was a little girl, all the new novels began like this.
善良而勇敢的一家人
A family of good and brave people
突然变得一贫如洗
who suddenly find themselves in impecunious circumstances.
他们是如何摆脱困境的
How did they escape?
天降横财
By coming across some marvelous treasure.
或是攀高枝儿
Or else by marrying well.
我才不要和别人结婚
I'm not marrying anyone.
那就只能指望天降横财了 对吧
Well, it will have to be the treasure then, won't it?
但天上不会掉馅饼 妈妈
But, um, people don't find treasure, Mother.
现实生活中没这种事
Not in real life.
真是骗不了你啊 约翰·罗纳德
There's no fooling you, is there, John Ronald?
我们姑且说有些是横财
Let's just say there's treasure...
有些是宝藏吧
and there's treasure.
言尽于此
And leave it at that.
我们开始吧 罗纳德
Let us begin, Ronald.
《红皮童话书》之《西格德的故事》
巨龙拖着庞大的身躯爬向水面The earth began to shake with the weight of the dragon
使地面晃动起来
as he crawled to the water,
伴随着他的吐息和咆哮
and a cloud of venom flew before him
他的面前出现一片毒云
as he snorted and roared!
但西格德等待着
But Sigurd waited
等到巨龙爬过深坑
till the dragon had crawled over the pit
他一剑刺入巨龙的左肩下方
and then he thrust his sword under his left shoulder
直插心脏
and right into his heart.
巨龙甩起尾巴 岩石破碎
The dragon lashed his tail till stones broke
树木倒塌
and trees crashed about him.
他濒死之际说道
And then he spoke, as he died,
将吾刺死之人
and said, "Whoever thou art
无论汝为何人
that hast slain me,
此黄金将成为汝
this gold shall be thy ruin
及一切拥有者之灾厄
and the ruin of all who own it."
西格德回道
Sigurd said,
如果不拿黄金便能永生
"I would touch none of it,
那我就选择不拿
if even by losing it, I should never die.
但人终有一死
But all men die
而勇者不会让渴望屈服于对死亡的恐惧
and no brave man lets death frighten him from his desire."
你知道自己听起来有多滑稽吗
Do you know how ridiculous you sound?
是吗
Oh, really?
我说拉丁语更滑稽
I'm even funnier in Latin.
你知道这是什么意思吗
Do you know what that means?
微不足道的毛病
An insignificant wart.
不
No.
我觉得你现在听起来像喝醉了的雄孔雀
I believe you now sound like a drunken peacock,
你这个笨蛋
you duffer.
-妈妈 你帮我买♥♥邮票了吗 -妈妈
- Hello, Mother. Did you get my stamps? - Hello, Mother.
你放在哪了
Where did you put them?
长官
Sir?
我得继续前进
I'm going to have to keep going.
有毒气 长官 有毒气
Gas. Sir, gas.
我等不及要见见孩子们了
I'm intrigued to see the boys.
孩子们 我是对的
Well, boys, I was right.
她是一头长着
She's an enormous beast,
巨大鳞足的巨兽
with great scaly feet
还长着一对我见过最突出的长牙
and the most prominent pair of tusks I've ever seen.
我猜她正在咀嚼的
She's chewing, on what I can only assume
是小男孩的大腿骨
is the femur of a small boy.
不过 里面有蛋糕
On the other hand, there is cake.
爱德华♥国♥王学校
King Edward's?
这可是一所优秀的学校
That's a very good school.
这两个孩子很聪明 福克纳太太
Well, they're very bright boys, Mrs. Faulkner.
很勤奋
Very diligent.
离开非洲后 他们的母亲在家里给他们上课
After Africa, their mother home-schooled them,
他们现在流利掌握了多门语言
and they are now fluent in many languages.
是的 但我说的是社交方面
Yes, but I mean socially.
你们会和伯明翰的
You boys will be mixing
大户人家中的佼佼者打交道
with the cream of Birmingham's bonnes familles.
而且这肯定和在非洲的生活有很大的区别
And quite a change from Africa, I shouldn't wonder.
他们在英格兰生活的时间
They've been living in England
远远久于在布隆方丹的时间
far longer than they ever were in Bloemfontein.
对吧 孩子们
Isn't that right, boys?
是的 我们几乎不怎么用长矛了
Yes, we hardly ever carry our spears anymore.
为他们安排人家很困难吧
Been difficult to place, have they?
他们有过一两个临时住处
They've had one or two temporary homes.
当然了 他们需要的是稳定而有教养的环境
What they need, of course, is the civilizing influence
所带来的熏陶
of a stable and refined environment.
比如你这里 福克纳太太
Such as yours, Mrs. Faulkner.
如果说我有什么缺点的话 那就是我...