That the death of one of its members cannot,
对此我很坚决
I am determined,
解散TCBS
dissolve the T.C.B.S.
死亡可能使作为个体的我们变得令人厌恶和无助
Death can make us loathsome and helpless as individuals,
但它不能终结不朽的四人组
but it cannot put an end to the immortal four!
愿上帝保佑你 我亲爱的罗纳德
May God bless you, my dear John Ronald,
愿你终有一天说出那些我一直想说的话
and may you say the things I have tried to say
尽管我已经说不出口了
long after I am not there to say them.
晚上好 托尔金教授
Good evening, Professor Tolkien.
晚上好 先生
Evening, sir.
你在门外做什么
What are you doing out here?
今天我们和孩子们一起吃了果酱布丁
We had a jam pudding today with the children.
迈克尔要求的
Michael's request.
他和约翰把托盘放在你书房♥门外了
He and John put a tray outside your study.
但愿你尝了一点
I hope you had some.
抱歉 我...
I'm sorry, I...
对不起
I'm sorry.
伊迪丝 今天进展很不顺利
Edith, it was a very difficult day.
我写的东西都不...
Nothing I'm writing...
你曾经为了乐趣写作
You used to write for pleasure.
我知道这...
I know, it's...
-这曾是你的激♥情♥所在 -我知道这...
- It was a passion. - I know it's...
毫无意义
pointless.
我希望你能决定
I wish you would decide
你写作的目的到底是什么 罗纳德
what it is you want from it, Ronald,
否则就完全放弃写作
or abandon it entirely.
托尔金先生
Mr. Tolkien?
史密斯夫人
Mrs. Smith.
很高兴见到你 谢谢你能来
It's wonderful to see you. Thank you for coming.
罗伯特·吉尔森是
Robert Gilson was the...
爱德华♥国♥王学校的校长的儿子
son of the headmaster at King Edward's.
是的
Yes, that's right.
我好像还记得他的继母
I remember the stepmother, I think.
那克里斯托弗·怀斯曼呢
And Christopher Wiseman?
他活下来了
He survived.
但遗憾的是...
Although I'm sorry to say he's...
我们中一些活下来的人留下了其它的伤疤
Some of us who came through have other sorts of scars.
我姐姐失去了三个儿子
My sister lost three sons.
我失去了两个
I lost two.
全在一周之间
All in the same week.
我很遗憾
I'm sorry.
你们以前就坐在这里
And this is where you sat.
是的
Yes.
非常舒适
It's very cozy.
谢谢你带我来这里
Thank you for bringing me here.
我可以想象 我可以...
I can imagine, I can...
看到你们在这里
see you here.
你们所有人
All of you.
我可以想象出来
I can picture it.
那一定是一段非常快乐的时光
It must have been a wonderfully happy time.
杰弗里以前就坐在这里
This is where Geoffrey sat.
我在想 如果你允许的话
I was wondering, with your permission,
也许我可以试着
perhaps I might try to get
出版一本他的诗集
a volume of his poems published.
他的诗
His poems?
我认为他非常
I think he was...
富有才华
really very talented.
我想让人们注意到他
I would like to bring him to people's attention.
我想也许我可以亲自写前言
I thought, perhaps, I could write the foreword myself.
这不好说 我...
I don't know, I...
我倾向于拒绝 托尔金先生
I'm inclined to say no, Mr. Tolkien.
他真的非常出色 我认为这很重要
He was really very good. I think it's important.
我曾经很喜欢诗
I used to be fond of poetry.
有时候我会想杰弗里是不是因此才...
I sometimes wondered if that was where Geoffrey...
抱歉 我想不出这能带来什么好处
I'm sorry, I can't see what possible good it would do.
这将带来最非凡的好处
It would do the most extraordinary good.
请相信我
Please believe me.
我从未了解杰弗里
I never knew Geoffrey
不像我所希望的那般了解
as much as I would have liked.
他幸福吗
Was he happy?
请告诉我
Please, tell me.
他懂得爱吗
Did he know love?
我当年作为一个孤儿
I was an orphan
来到了爱德华♥国♥王学校
when I came to King Edward's.
即使是在一开始 即使是
And even at the beginning, even...
在我们成为朋友之前
before we were friends,
杰弗里就很温柔
Geoffrey was gentle.
善良
Kind.
我想在我认识的所有人中
He was, I think, of anyone I ever met,
他是最
the person...
他是最能体现
He was the person who most embodied
爱的意义的人
what it means to love.
还有被爱
And to be loved.
真的...
Truly that's...
这就是为什么此事如此重要
That's why this is so important. Please...
请原谅我 但你问我
forgive me, but you ask...
这能带来什么好处 诗人
what good it could do, and the... poets,
作家
the writers...
或者我们的作品能带来什么
or what our art could do.
我想不出比这更必要的了
I cannot think of anything more necessary.
尤其是在这个时代
Especially at a time like this.
尤其是现在
Especially now.
能写前言就太好了
A foreword would be lovely.
谢谢你
Thank you.
还记得以前妈妈♥逼♥我们亲吻树木吗
Remember how mother made us kiss the trees?
还要听它们说话
And listen to them talk.
那是什么黑魔法啊
What dark magic was that?
过来 你们几个野孩子
Come on, you savages.
快来
Come on.
谁想和树说话
Who wants to speak to the trees?
等等我
Wait for me.
你在想什么
What are you thinking?
你叫什么名字
What's your name?
我们不可怕 别担心
We're not scary. Don't be worried.
孩子们 我需要你们的帮助
Children, I need your help.
你们能帮我一个忙吗
Will you do something for me?
是作业吗
Is it homework?
不 故事好就不会像作业
No, not if I get it right.
我想让你们听一个故事
I want you to listen to a story.
什么故事
What story?
是个好故事吗
Is it a good story?
希望如此
I hope so.
很长吗
Is it long?
特别长
Extremely long.
你已经动笔了吗
Has it been started?
是的 我觉得
Yes, I think...
我觉得已经在脑中动笔了
I think, up here, yes, I think it has.
是关于什么的
What's it about?
关于旅行 冒险
It's about journeys. Adventures.
当然还有魔法
Magic, of course.
宝藏
Treasure.
还有爱
And love.
是关于各种各样的事的 真的
It's about all kinds of things, really.
这很难说 我想
It's hard to say. I suppose...
我想某种意义上 它是关于征程的
I suppose it's about quests, to a certain extent.
我们为了证明自己的旅程
The journeys we take to prove ourselves.
关于勇气
About courage.
伙伴
Fellowship.
是关于伙伴的
It's about fellowship.
友谊
Friendship.
-像你一样的小人物 -我不小