大家好。我是马缇·迪伯及。
Hello. My name is Marty DiBergi.
我是一个制片人 我拍过许多广♥告♥片。
I'm a filmmaker.
I make a lot of commercials.
有只狗在水槽下追一个大篷车的那个广♥告♥就是我拍的。
That little dog that chases the covered wagon
underneath the sink.
That was mine.
在1966年,
In 1966,
我去了纽约市格林威治村的一个叫做电子香蕉的摇滚俱乐部。
I went down to Greenwich Village in New York,
to a rock club called the Electric Banana.
别费心去找它了。已经没有了。 但在那晚我听说了
Don't look for it. It's not there anymore.
But that night, I heard a band that, for me,
一个可以让我重新定义「摇滚」的乐队
redefined the word "rock 'n' roll."
我还记得被他们的活跃、原动力和守时
I remember being knocked out by their exuberance,
their raw power and their punctuality.
所震撼
那曾是英国的但现在是传奇的乐队
That band was Britain's now-legendary Spinal Tap.
在经历了17年的乐队生涯并发行了15张专辑之后, 这个乐队的生命力依然很顽强
Seventeen years and 15 albums later,
Spinal Tap is still going strong.
作为英国最出名的乐队之一,他们已经立足于摇滚乐历史中
And they've earned a distinguished place in rock history
as one of England's loudest bands.
所以在1982年的深秋
So in the late fall of 1982,
当我听说他们要发行新专辑《闻闻手套》
when I heard that Tap was releasing a new album
called "Smell the Glove"
以及准备第一场美国巡演来促进专辑的销♥售♥时
and was planning their first tour of the United States
in almost six years to promote that album,
我惊喜于可以有个机会来拍个纪录片
well, needless to say, I jumped at the chance
to make the documentary,
或者就是你要看到的摇滚纪录片
the, if you will, rockumentary that you're about to see.
我想捕捉一个努力工作的乐队
I wanted to capture the sights, the sounds,
the smells of a hardworking rock band on the road.
在路上的声景色
而且我拍到了
And I got that.
但我拍的更多
But I got more.
多得多的多
A lot more.
唠叨够多了,是不是?让我们看吧
But, hey, enough of my yakking.
What do you say? Let's boogie!
给我能量,让我快乐
Gives me a lot of energy, makes me happy.
造诣很深的重金属乐队
Metal's deep. You get stuff out of it.
他们穿衣服的方式,还有皮革
The way they dress, the leather.
- 这是古阿迪亚吗? - 不是,这是肯德基。纽约,纽约
- Which one is this? LaGuardia? - No, this is JFK.
- Oh, yes. - New York, New York.
注意它的嘴!
Watch its mouth, watch its mouth.
就像是你是乐队中的一员,我是说,我们合为一体
It's like you become one with the guys in the band.
I mean, there's… There's no division.
你只是
You just… The music just unites people…
音乐让人们与乐队演奏者……融合
with the players.
接下来,是径直来自地狱的演出……Spinal Tap!
You want it right? Direct from hell, Spinal Tap!
你很正点,你带走了我们拥有的一切 除了屋里的一个干硬的座
♪ You're hot You take all we've got ♪
♪ Not a dry seat in the house ♪
明天我们就启程
♪ Next day We'll be on our way ♪
- 但是今晚我要震撼你 - 今晚我要震撼你
♪ But tonight I'm gonna rock you ♪
- 今晚我要震撼你 - 今晚我要震撼你
♪ Tonight, I'm gonna rock you ♪
♪ Yeah, tonight I'm gonna rock you ♪
就是今晚
♪ Tonight ♪
我们是来自英国的Spinal Tap! 你们肯定是美国人!
We are Spinal Tap from the UK. You must be the U.S.A.!
主吉他手 大卫·圣·胡兵斯
主吉他手 奈基·塔夫诺
贝斯手 德瑞克·斯莫斯
鼓手 米克·史林普顿
键盘手 威·赛为志
小姑娘,这是个大世界 但只有一个
♪ Little girl It's a great big world ♪
♪ But there's only one of me! ♪
我!
谈谈你们的历程吧
Let's talk a little bit about the history of the group.
奈基,你和大卫最初是哪年组建的乐队来着……196♥4♥年吗?
I understand, Nigel, you and David originally started the band,
well, back in, when was it, 196♥4♥?
在组建自己的乐队之前我在一个别的队里 那个队叫生物,一个爵士乐队
Before that, we were in different groups.
I was in a skiffle group called The Creatures.
我当时在可爱的小伙子们,然后我们就彼此注意到了对方
I was in Lovely Lads.
And then we looked at each other and said:
后来就说我们也组合起来吧
"We might as well join up," you know, and…
所以我们就组成了原始人。后来我们不得不变了乐队名
- So we became The Originals. - Right.
And we had to change our name, actually.
因为有另一个乐队也叫原始人
Well, there was another group in the East End called The Originals.
- 我们就改名字了 - 改叫新原始人了
We had to rename ourselves.
- The New Originals. - The New Originals. And then…
- 然后他们变了…… - 他们把名字换成了正常人了
- They became— - The Regulars.
They changed their name and we thought,
所以我们就可以叫回原始人那个名字了 但是有什么用呢?
we could go back to The Originals, but what's the point?
那时我们叫泰姆人
We became The Thamesmen at that point.
别再浪费我的时间啦
♪ Stop wasting my time ♪
「流行,看与听」 (英国电视台-1965)
你知道我的需求
♪ You know what I want ♪
你知道我的需求
♪ You know what I need ♪
也许你不知道
♪ Or maybe you don't ♪
是不是我得直截了当地告诉你一切?
♪ Do I have to Come right flat out ♪
♪ And tell you everything? ♪
给我钱
♪ Gimme some money ♪
给我钱
♪ Gimme some money ♪
你们的第一个鼓手是……
Your first drummer was—
- 是比伯 - 约翰·「猛♥男♥」比皮斯。伟大的伟大的……
- The Peeper. - John Stumpy Pepys…
- Yeah. - Great, great, uh…
高个子,金色短发,还带眼镜
tall, blond geek with glasses.
- Yeah. Good drummer. - Great look. Good drummer.
- 优秀的鼓手 - 造型很棒,对,一个优秀的鼓手
Fine drummer.
- 他怎么了? - 他死了
- What happened to him? - He died.
他前些年死于一场离奇的园艺事件
He died in a bizarre gardening accident some years back.
事情是这样……
It's really one of those things, it was, you know,
当局说最好
the authorities said, you know, "Best leave it."
就那样吧,不解决它,你知道……真的……
- Yeah. - Unsolved, really, you know?
- 然后就有人替代他了? - 猛♥男♥乔。埃里克·「猛♥男♥乔」·乔爱德兹
And he was replaced by, uh…
Stumpy Joe. Eric Stumpy Joe.
猛♥男♥乔怎么了?
What happened to Stumpy Joe?
嗯,那可不是个愉快的事。
Well, uh,
it's not a very pleasant story, but, uh…
- 但是……呃,他死了 - 他过世了
- He's passed on. - He died, uh…
他窒息而亡……官方解释是他因呕吐物而窒息死亡
He choked on…
The official explanation was he choked on vomit.
- 然后他就死了 - 实际上是别人的呕吐物。
So he's passed away.
It was actually someone else's vomit.
- It's not— - It's ugly.
没有有力的证据……
There's no real…
他们没办法证明呕吐物是谁的
Well, they can't prove whose vomit it was.
他们在苏格兰那儿没有设备
They don't have the facilities at Scotland Yard…
There's no way to print a spectra-photograph.
你没办法清理那些呕吐物
You can't dust for vomit.
我们到了
Here we go.
- SOHO.他们称这里是SOHO. - 那又怎样?
Soho, they call this place.
- It's the band! - "So" what?
Soho.
首场演出聚会 纽约市
你好吗
- How are you? - Nice to see you!
嗨,伙计们!
- Ian! Hi, fellas. - Yes.
怎么样啊?
How are you doing? Come over here.
认识一下在场的各位吧
- 波碧·弗莱克曼 - 那是谁?
- Who is that? - Bobbi Flekman.
- 波碧·弗莱克曼 - 和唱片公♥司♥在一起的那人是谁
- Who's that? - Bobbi Flekman. Bobbi Flekman.
- With the record company? - Come over here, everybody.
对, 波碧·弗莱克曼! 最大的主家!
So, yes, Bobbi Flekman—
- Bobbi, of course, how are you? - The hostess with the mostest.
你知道的
- We know. - You know, you know.
嗨帅哥!最近怎么样?
Hi, handsome. How you doing?
好听着,我想让你们大家都去见见丹尼斯·爱顿-豪格。 他是唱片公♥司♥的老板
All right, listen, I want you all to meet Sir Denis Eton-Hogg.
- He's the head of Polymer. - We know.
你们不用讲太多, 只要微笑,看着机灵就可以
You don't talk so much, just smile and look smart.
丹尼斯,过来!过来!
- Oh, she knows. - Denis, come here! Come here.
来见见我们的荣誉嘉宾-Spinal Tap!
I want you to meet Spinal Tap, our guests of honor.
- 见到你们真是太高兴了 - 这位就是丹尼斯·爱顿-豪格先生。
- How very nice to meet you. - Kids, this is Sir Denis Eton-Hogg.
- 这位是奈基. - 非常感谢可以让我们……呃……
- Hello. - This is Nigel.
- Oh, so this is Nigel. - Thanks a lot for letting us…
大家到那边去照张合影吧
Yeah. Let's go over here and take a picture together.
我的摄影师克莉丝汀呢?这来亲爱的。 你叫什么?克莉丝汀?
Where's Christine? Where's my photographer?
Come over here, honey. What's your name? Christine?
好,那边就可以
Okay, right over here.
好!好!
Good. Good!
- 他不涉及黑人音乐. - 那不是黑人音乐.
伙计们,你们看起来棒极了。 你们永远都这么年轻。
Guys, you look great. I mean, you look fantastic.
You would never know you're almost 40.
如果我在舞台上看起来也这么棒就太好了
If I looked this good from the stage too, it's amazing, you know.
- 我去做那些鸟. - 把那些死鸟做出来
- I did the bird. - Do the dead bird, change this.
把矮子系列也拿上来.
- Get the dwarf cannolis. - I did the bird.
- 我把鸟做了. - 别顶嘴了,哑剧能挣钱啊。快去!
Come on, don't talk back, huh? Mime is money, let's go!
我们保利莫的人都期待着
- Come on, move it! - Now, we here at Polymer.
We're all looking forward to a long and fruitful relationship with Spinal Tap.
与Spinal Tap的一段长久并收获颇丰的关系
我们预祝他们的北美巡演能圆♥满♥成功
We wish them great success on their North American tour,
然后我们就可以说--Tap打入美国啦
and so say all of us:
Tap into America!
电影精选列表