哈撒韦将军建议我照办,否则
and Admiral Hathaway suggested that I get with it or else...
而我
and I, in turn-
你看到了一个帮老船友的忙的机会
You saw a chance to do a favor for an old sailing buddy.
里普,我发誓,你的名字是从IBM电脑里随机跳出来的
Rip, I swear it, your name popped out of the lBM machine...
和其他五六个前游艇手一起
with five or six other ex-yachtsmen...
我连独木舟都不放心让他们划
none of whom I would trust with a canoe.
如果你不觉得这是帮我的话 我听说了你的任职考核报告
And if you don't think it's a favor, I heard about your fitness report.
电脑还抽到了那个?
That popped up, too?
照这样下去,你下次晋升恐怕要等到1980年了,
You should get your next promotion around 1980.
来吧,听着
Come on. Now, look.
你所要做的就是悄悄驶入大堡礁
All you've got to do is slip up inside the Great Barrier Reef...
横渡珊瑚海,并把她带到莫尔斯比港
run across the Coral Sea, and take her into Port Moresby.
全程都是开阔外海,风向也顺风-
It's blue water all the way, prevailing winds-
敌机、敌潜艇
Enemy planes, enemy subs.
400 英里毫无遮蔽的开阔水域,我却带着一帮新兵蛋子,”
400 miles of open water, I got a crew of cherry pickers.
你以前带五个航海童子军,还比我先到圣巴巴拉赢了比赛呢,
You beat me to Santa Barbara once with five Sea Scouts.
那是两码事
But that's got nothing to do with this.
不,我选你是因为 我知道只有你能胜任这份工作
No. I picked you because you're the only man I know who can do the job.
明白了,怎么,让我在那破船上蹲到战争结束?
Now I get it. Now, what, I sit on that bucket for the duration?
船到莫尔斯比后移交给港口分队
The ship's to be turned over to the port detachment in Moresby.
他们怎么处理不关我事
What they'll do with it, I don't know. Any way, that's their business.
你只需送到
All you've got to do is get it there.
等你那边一抛锚,当天就把你空运回来重新分派任务
You'll be flown back here for reassignment the same day you drop the hook up there.
现在,签字完事行不行?
Now, why don't you just sign the papers and get it over with?
等等,重新分派我去做什么?
Wait, a reassignment to what?
你将证明自己具备指挥资格
You'll have demonstrated your fitness for command.
有可能是护卫舰
"D," maybe.
甚至可能是驱逐舰
Maybe even a destroyer.
舰队里有一半人就算豁出去也想要这个机会,
This is a chance half the guys in the fleet would give their eyeteeth for.
我怎么觉着像被忽悠着接盘?
How come I feel like I'm buying a used car?
我有多少时间训练,范?
How much time do I have to train, Van?
大概几天吧
A couple of days, maybe.
或者再加两天,让我想想,去莫尔斯比-
Or more. Let's see, to be in Moresby
门都没有,
Not a chance.
听着,里普...
Now, look, Rip...
我也不想逼你,可真要逼的话—
I don't want to have to lean on you, but if I have to-
你要是想逼我,早在我进门时就逼了,
You'd have done it when I first walked in.
我不是非得接手那条船
I don't have to take that ship.
你也不用非得去上军事法庭,
You don't have to face a court-martial, either.
去翻翻条例:拟任舰长必须先确认舰艇处于适航状态
Check your regulation: A prospective commanding officer must first certify a ship in proper condition-
那是针对在海军船厂接舰的情况
That applies to assuming command in a naval shipyard.
第一条确实这样写,可第三条写了“其他地点同样适用”
Paragraph 1 does. Paragraph 3 states elsewhere-
行吧!想直接拿到委任状,你倒是挺会钻海军条例的空子嘛,
All right! For a direct commission you got to be a sea lawyer in a hell of a hurry.
当年我每犯一次错,舰长就让我背一页条例
Skipper had me memorize a page every time I goofed.
那你现在一定能倒背如流了
Then you must know the whole book by heart.
可哈撒韦将军可没那么好说话,祝祝你下一任岗位好运
But Admiral Hathaway isn't that soft. Good luck on your next duty.
等一下
Wait a minute.
范,你就给我十天训练时间就行
Van, just give me 10 days to train.
这样吧,多给你一天时间
Tell you what, give you an extra day.
这是不可能的,你知道的
That's impossible, and you know it.
我什么都不知道,除了要起航
I don't know anything, except she's got to sail.
必要的话,让二副指挥也行
Under the second officer, if necessary.
让那小子指挥?疯了吧,他根本不行,
The kid? But that's insane. He couldn't.
你我都知道他没经验
You know as well as I do he doesn't have the experience.
是吗?也许这能让他长经验
Do I? Maybe this will give it to him.
你说服他了,长官?
Did you talk him into it, sir?
没有,但我让他开始担心了
No, but I got him worried.
跟他打感情牌,小子
Keep working on his conscience, mister.
是,长官
Aye, aye, sir.
小子,范德沃特和你说什么了?
Kid, what's with you and Vandewater?
没说什么,长官,他只是让我待命
Nothing, sir. He just told me to stand by.
“回声号♥”明天可能有新命令,长官
There might be new orders for the Echo tomorrow, sir.
你在这儿干嘛?
What are you doing here, anyway?
我刚从军官俱乐部来,长官
I just came over from the Officers' Club, sir.
想着您不熟悉基地,我就带您认认路,
I thought, you not knowing the base, I'd show you where it was.
本想请您共进晚餐,长官
I was hoping you might have dinner with us, sir.
抱歉,我不该这么多疑
Sorry, I didn't mean to be so suspicious.
谢谢
Thanks.
长官,新命令是不是意味着您要被调走了?
The new orders, sir. Does that mean you got the transfer?
他要去跟将军谈谈
He's gonna talk to the Admiral.
您能成的
You'll get it.
你为什么这么说?
What makes you say that?
凭您的资历和背景,他们必须给您指挥权
With your experience and background, they'll have to give you a command.
好军官本来就少
Good officers are scarce.
指挥权?要是杜威将军还管着海军
Command? If Admiral Dewey was still running the Navy...
我肯定是个人物,可他不在了
I'd be a big man, but he ain't.
“铁面”哈撒韦掌权了
"Ironsides" Hathaway is.
军官俱乐部在哪儿来着?
Where did you say that Officers' Club was?
那边,掩体后面
Over there, in back of the shelter.
给我来杯双份的,什么酒都行
I would like a double anything.
是,长官
Yes, sir.
您有签单条吗?得找司务官要
Do you have any chit? Have to get it from the mess officer.
我们不收现金
We're not allowed to take cash.
长官,您用我的吧
Here, sir. You can use mine.
我不能连你也坑,我是说,本来就已经够糟了算了
I couldn't do that to you, too. I mean, it's bad enough that... Never mind.
亚瑟,这就是我跟你说过的那位长官
This is the officer I was telling you about, Arthur.
克兰多尔中尉?久仰您的大名,长官!您想喝什么尽管说,没什么好招待的,
Lt. Crandall? This is a real pleasure, sir. There's nothing too good for you, sir.
汉森先生刚才说您要去指挥“回声”号♥?
Mr. Hanson was telling me you are going to command the Echo.
如果您需要多个人手,我特别想申请调过去
If you need an extra hand, I sure would like a transfer.
要是我真去指挥“回声”号♥
If I were going to command the Echo...
恐怕我们就别指望什么鸡尾酒时间了
I doubt that we would observe the cocktail hour.
不,长官,他不是那个意思,他可是个正经水手
No, sir, he didn't mean that. He's a real sailor.
开战前在商船干了两年甲板工,对吧,亚瑟?
Did two years as a deckhand before the war. Right, Arthur?
没错,长官,旧金山的“老埃斯科巴尔”号♥,不过那是机动船
Right, sir. The Old Escobar out of Frisco. But that was power.
再没有比帆船更好的了,对吧,中尉?
And there's nothing like sail, is there, Lieutenant?
马上来,稍等
Coming right up, gentlemen.
您知道的,一旦大海融入了你的血液,这辈子就再也摆脱不掉了,长官
You know, once the sea gets in your blood, I guess you never get rid of it, sir.
汤米,旧金山的“老埃斯科巴尔”号♥是开往奥克兰的渡轮
Tommy, The Old Escobar out of Frisco is the ferry to Oakland.
我坐过那船,真希望我现在就在那艘船上,
I've been on it. I wish I was on it now.
是啊,长官,抱歉,长官
Yes, sir. Sorry, sir.
范德沃特中校提过他们会派谁来吗,长官?
Did Cmd. Vandewater say who they'd get, sir?
没提,我猜他们会随便找个人吧,怎么?
No. I imagine they'll find somebody. Why?
没什么,长官
No reason, sir.
我只是想,要是您来当舰长,我能学到真本事
I just thought, with you in command, I'd get real practical experience.
我一直在学习航海术和导航知识,
I've been studying up on seamanship and navigation-
汤米,要是你早知道我会当你的舰长
Tommy, if you knew I was gonna be your skipper...
那你和范德沃特就是串通好的
you and Vandewater cooked this thing up.
不是的,长官,我也是今天早上看到命令上有您的名字,才知道的,
No, sir. Not until I saw your name on the orders this morning.
不要椒盐脆饼
No pretzels.
那谁来接任又有什么区别?
Then what difference would it make who got the assignment?
没区别,长官,只是我想让您看看
None, sir. Except I thought I'd try and show you...
我并没您五年前在巴尔博亚想的那么蠢
I wasn't as stupid as you thought I was. In Balboa.
汤米,我早说过了,那是五年前
I told you before. That was five years ago
抱歉,长官
Excuse me, sir.
两位陪护士来的先生在等您
The two gentlemen with the nurse are waiting for you, sir.
谢谢,长官,一起过去吧?我也跟他们提过您
Thanks. Won't you join us, sir? I told them about you, too.
懂了,你也给他们灌了一肚子“要跟舰长一起扬帆远航”的咸话?
I see. And you primed them full of the salty talk...
你到底想干什么
on how they were gonna sail with me, too? What are you trying to...
对不起,你别往心里去,我只是脑子里事情太多
I'm sorry. It's really nothing. I've got a lot on my mind.
下午糟透了,你先去吧
It's been a tough afternoon. You run along.
抱歉,我稍后就过去
I'm sorry. I'll join you later.
是,长官
Yes, sir.
亚瑟
Arthur.
要加点吗,长官?
Would you like me to freshen it up a bit, sir?
你要“加点”?
You're gonna freshen that up?
独翼难飞,长官
You can't fly on one wing, sir.
谢谢,吉米,不用等了
Thanks, Jimmy. And don't bother to wait.
是,女士,谢谢
Yes, ma'am. Thanks.
借过,失礼,先生们
Coming through. Pardon me, gentlemen.
来杯这个,小子,这杯够你受的
Do one of these. Kid, I got one that will stop you.
电影精选列表