你就帮他
You help him.
哦 看看你
Oh. Look at you.
整张脸都红了
You're all red in the face.
第一天 总是不容易
First days, they're always hard.
但是有我在呢 如果你需要一位真朋友
But I'm here - hm? - if you need a true friend.
嗯
Mm.
不管怎样 祝你们好运
Anyway, good luck.
所以 铝土矿是……
So... bauxite is...?
是一种矿物
It's a mineral.
他们用它制♥造♥铝 听着 彼得
They make aluminium out of it. Listen, Peter.
保罗 -你别误会
Paul. - Don't take this the wrong way
我对下班喝酒不感兴趣
but I'm not interested in beers after work
或者说 嗨 各位 这是我的同事彼得
or, "Hi, everyone, this is my mate Peter from work."
保罗 -我是快道项目的一员
Paul. - I'm part of a fast-track
会晋升到上层管理
program to upper level management,
所以我不会陪你在这小牢笼里待太久
so we won't be sharing this pokey little hole for long.
但是我们既然还在一处 你介意我们只……
But while we are, do you mind if we just...?
好的 当然
Yep. Sure.
我只是在查看铝土矿
Yeah. I was just... checking about the bauxite.
忙得真值
Well, that was rewarding.
没有发现铝土矿 是吧
Didn't spot any bauxite, did you?
要来吗
SOPHIE: Coming?
我们午餐要吃什么
So, what we thinking for lunch?
我能塞下一个派
I could murder a pie.
哦 我自己也喜欢吃派
Oh, I'm a bit of a pie-murderer myself.
实际上 我可能只会喝杯咖啡
Actually, I might just grab a coffee.
我以为你不喜欢咖啡
I thought you didn't like coffee.
我为什么要那样说 我讨厌咖啡
Why did I say that? I hate coffee.
苏菲·佩廷格尔 我有个快速任务给你
Sophie Pettingel! I have a quick job for you.
你想的话也可以来 但是不要插手
You can come too if you like, but don't do anything.
我觉得你不会告诉我
PAUL: I don't suppose you could fill us in
这家公♥司♥到底是干什么的吧
on what this company actually does?
这个任务非常简单
This should be very simple. Ah.
那个女人是迪莉娅·布赖森
That woman is Delia Bryson.
她刚好坐着……
She happens to be sitting...
拼写♥真♥是糟糕
Spelling is awful.
行 这似乎会有一点复杂
Right. Well, this seems to be a little more complicated.
迪莉娅正在读伊恩·麦克尤恩的《赎罪》
Delia is reading Atonement by Ian McEwan.
苏菲 我需要你看着她
Sophie, I'll need you to watch her
在她读到塞西莉亚跳进喷泉
and signal me when she gets to the part
的部分时 给我打信♥号♥♥
where Cecilia jumps into the fountain.
什么 -我会在另外一边
The what? - I'll be on the other side.
等等 你想让我越过她的肩膀看吗
Wait. You want me to read over her shoulder?
当然不是 那样太没礼貌了
Of course not. That would be rude.
就在那里看着她
Just watch her from in there.
我们怎么知道她在看什么
How are we supposed to know what she's reading?
简直离谱
This is ridiculous.
我的天啊
Oh, my goodness!
你没事吧 -没事
Are you alright? MAN: Yeah.
来 -哦
Here. - Oh.
噢 -非常感谢
Oh... - Oh, thank you so much.
多么离奇的巧合
DELIA: Such a bizarre coincidence...
干得好 苏菲
Very well done, Sophie.
他的父母为此下了血本
His parents paid a fortune for that.
他们会觉得这是命中注定
Those two will think it was meant to be
然后希望将这个故事告诉他们的子孙
and hopefully tell the story to their grandchildren.
但是 苏菲可以读她的心
But... so Sophie read her mind?
苏菲是先知 非常罕见的类型
Sophie is a Seer. A very rare breed.
所以她是快道项目的一员
That's why she's in our fast-track program
而你 保罗 就不是
and you, Paul, are not.
我想你会称我们为实践玄学家
I suppose you'd call us practical metaphysicians
或者超自然工程师
or paranatural engineers.
在我的部门 我们会对客户的本能或直觉
In my department, we hijack a client's instincts
掌控足够长的时间
or gut feeling just long enough
来影响他做出正确的决定
to influence a correct decision.
苏菲 我有更多的客户给你
Sophie, I have more clients for you.
保罗 你可以回去……
Paul, you can go back to...
不管你在做什么
...whatever it was you were doing.
地图 -快道
Maps. - Fast-track.
铝土矿
Bauxite...
真棒
Brilliant.
卡朋特
Carpenter!
你把目光集中在远处的某一点
You focus your eyes on a point in the distance,
就像你在看着地平线
like you're looking at the horizon.
对
Yep.
现在把你的手从地图上抬起
Now lift your hand just off the map
你依然可以感觉到它
so you can still feel it
但不要触碰到它
but you're not actually touching it.
对
Yep.
对 嗯嗯
WELLS: Yeah. Mm-hm.
对 慢慢建立感觉
Yeah, it's building.
那是颤动点
That's the Quiver Point.
跟我来
Come with me.
伯爵夫人带你去执行任务了
Countess took you on a mission?
是的 不过我什么都没有做
Yes. Well, I didn't really do anything, but...
这就是你们的工作吗 让人们坠入爱河
Is that what you do here? Make people fall in love?
对 相爱 离婚 发现重力 搬离城市
Yeah, fall in love, divorce, discover gravity, move cities,
发明内燃机 开新的咖啡馆
invent combustion engines, try a new cafe...
当心一点
Careful with those!
我们控制他们的直觉 哪怕只有几秒钟
We control their gut instincts. If only for a few seconds.
可是为什么
But why?
就是说啊
Yes, exactly!
没有信用 钱也远远不够
No credit. Not nearly enough money.
没有任何感激
Never any gratitude.
为什么要浪费我们宝贵的时间去帮助那些不知感激
Why waste our precious time helping ungrateful sods
反正都会死的讨厌鬼
who are just going to die anyway?
我们身处边缘 保罗
We're on the brink, Paul.
在历史的边缘
On the edge of history.
当我们遇到阻碍时
We were just about to launch Operation Fine Print -
就准备动用《行动细则》
the most audacious influence campaign
它曾是史上
ever undertaken -
最大胆的影响力运动
when we hit a bit of a snag.
而现在只有你 保罗 可以帮助我们重回正轨
And now only you, Paul, can put us back on track.
我 -是的
Me? - Yeah, well...
你有独特的天赋
Yeah, but you have a unique talent.
你不只是一个占卜者
You're more than just a Diviner.
我是个占卜者
I'm a... Diviner?
你父母一定会为你感到骄傲
Your parents must be so proud of you.
他的父母 他们甚至都不知道他还活着
DENNIS: His parents? They're barely even aware he's alive.
他七岁时 他父亲在露天游乐场把他弄丢了
When he was six, his father lost him at a funfair.
他过了整整22分钟才意识到
Took him 22 minutes to realise.
他们的屋子很脏乱
Their house was hardly ever clean
因为她的母亲把大部分时间都花在
because his mother spent most of her time
三次外遇上
having three affairs.
父亲一无所知
Dad had no idea.
第三次外遇是谁
Who was the third affair?
我们都无法选择父母
We don't get to choose our parents.
丹尼斯的父亲还像一只被压扁的癞哈蟆
Dennis's father looked like a squashed toad.
我父亲是个控制欲强的自大狂
My father was a controlling egomaniac.
他外表是一个热情温和的领导
You know, he presented as a warm and gentle leader,
但是背地里 他很邪恶
but behind the scenes, he was evil.
我12岁的时候
When I was 12,
他让我坐下 塞了只笔到我手里
he sat me down, put a pen in my hand
让我写一份合同
and made me write a contract.
我 汉弗莱·威尔斯 郑重承诺
"I, Humphrey Wells, promise very hard
绝不背叛父亲
"never to betray my father.
若违背誓言 我的灵魂归他所有
"And if I do, my soul will be his."
他保留着合同 从不让它离开视线
He kept that contract. Never let it out of his sight.
它囚禁了我 让我保持沉默
It imprisoned me, kept me silent,
逼我做一个听话 孝顺的儿子
forced me to be the obedient, dutiful son.
电影精选列表