有条狗抢了我的围巾 烤面包机爆♥炸♥了
A dog stole my scarf. The toaster blew up.
我碰到一个在大学教过我的人
I ran into someone who taught me at university
虽然我完全不记得他
although I don't remember him at all.
然后我追那条狗 接着就到这儿了
And then I chased the dog, and here I am.
有什么爱好吗 -什么
Any hobbies? - Pardon?
你在空闲时间会做什么
What do you do in your spare time?
我所有的时间都是空闲的
Well, all my time is spare...
真的 -啊
...really. - Ah.
但我以前画过模范士兵
But I used to paint model soldiers.
哪个时期的 -中世纪
WOMAN: Which period? - Medieval.
我也画过那些幻想的角色
I also did those fantasy ones.
巨魔和地精 -地精
Trolls and goblins. - Goblins?
我试过画拿破仑 不过太复杂了
I tried Napoleonic, but they were too fiddly.
我知道了
I see.
我现在没怎么画了
I don't do that so much now.
你最欣赏契诃夫作品的哪一点
And what do you most admire about the works of Chekhov?
额 我不知道
Ah... I dunno.
他说“航线已设定 舰长”的方式
The way he says "Course laid in, Captain"
非常酷
is pretty cool.
但大多数情况下 他不会做太多事
But mostly he doesn't get to do much.
契诃夫 那位剧作家
Chekhov, the playwright.
《星际迷航》
Star Trek.
懂外语吗
Any languages?
学校里学过法语和德语 不过……
Uh, French and German at school, but...
我现在忘得一干二净了
...I can't really remember any of it now.
抱歉
Sorry?
卡西米尔在问你的社交生活 南瓜头
Casimir is asking you about your social life, pumpkin.
你说什么
Pardon?
你在看什么 卡朋特先生
What are you looking at, Mr Carpenter?
哦 对不起 没什么
Oh, sorry. Uh, it's nothing. It's...
你好像心不在焉
You seem distracted.
只是这些墙纸
It's just the wallpaper.
那些裂缝是伦敦的地图
The cracks are a map of London.
地铁
The Tube.
还有M25公路
And there's the M25.
那里是海德公园
There's Hyde Park.
你一旦看见 就无法视而不见
As soon as you see it, you can't unsee it.
就好像魔眼那种东西
It's like one of those Magic Eye things.
好吧 这真是一次让人记不住的经历
Well, this has been a truly forgettable experience.
我送你出去好吗 卡朋特先生
Shall I see you out, Mr Carpenter?
好的 抱歉了 -好的 走吧
That's OK... Sorry. - Yes, I shall. Come on.
感谢大家的会见
Well, thanks for meeting you all.
额 很高兴见到你们
Um, good to... I mean, to meet you.
我们听见了 谢谢你
MAN: We heard it. Thank you.
你
You...
别动
Stay...
别动
Stay.
还好吗
Alright?
哦 亲爱的
Oh, dear.
这镇上的人要怎么才能找到工作呢
How is anyone supposed to get a job in this town?
你应该出国 做个文学家
You should just go abroad. You know, be a man of letters.
保罗·卡朋特 文艺复兴之士
Paul Carpenter - renaissance man.
文艺复兴之士的名下资产通常都超过5英镑
Renaissance men usually have more than £5 to their name.
那里有美女吗
Any ladies there?
没有
No.
骗人 快说
Liar. Spill.
内维尔
PAUL: Neville?
嗯 -怎么回事
Hmm? - What's going on?
对 沙发没了
Yeah, the couch is gone.
是的 我注意到了
Yes, I noticed that.
我在搬家
I'm moving home.
什么 现在吗 -对不起 我只是……
What?! Like, right now? - I'm sorry. I just...
你觉不觉得自己不适合这种
Just, do you ever feel like you're not meant for
工作 租♥房♥♥ 账单 公交
this kind of, you know, work, rent, bills, bus,
地铁 账单 工作 租♥房♥♥的模式化生活
Tube, bills, work, rent kind of life?
当然了 我们都……
Yes, of course, we all do...
我昨晚顿悟了 心想 内维尔
I had this epiphany last night, I thought, "Neville,
你为什么要当这种体制的奴隶
"why are you being a slave to the system?
回家吧 返回校园
"You know, go home, go back to university,
不要再离开了
"just... never leave again."
没错 -你知道吗
PAUL: Right. NEVILLE: And you know what?
我一说出来 就能感到自♥由♥
As soon as I said it, I just felt... free.
哇哦 我真为你感到高兴
PAUL: Wow. I'm really happy for you.
但是我该何去何从 -我们都是独♥立♥的个体
But where does that leave me? NEVILLE: We're all individuals.
你可以自♥由♥做出自己的选择
You are free to make your own choices.
你忽略掉我没有工作
PAUL: Ignoring the fact I don't have a job
父母也搬到佛罗里达的事实
and my parents have moved to Florida.
我真是不敢相信 -我知道 我也会想你的
I can't believe this! - I know, I'll miss you too.
不 我该怎么毫无准备地找到其他人
No! How do I find someone with zero notice?
我会付下周的房♥租
NEVILLE: I'll pay for next week.
你已经欠了两个月了 -也许你可以……
PAUL: You're two months behind. - Maybe you'll get...
JW威尔斯公♥司♥
"JW Wells and Co"?
这是我面试的地方
That's where my interview was.
但我没有给他们这个地址
But I didn't give them this address.
亲爱的卡朋特先生
"Dear Mr Carpenter,
感谢您今早九点四十三时的出色面试
"Thank you for your smashing interview at 9:43am today.
过程相当精彩 我们全体表示印象深刻
"It was a real highlight and we were unanimously impressed.
因此我们激动地
"We are therefore thrilled
为您提供带薪实习生一职
"to offer you the position of Paid Intern.
若您明早九点整能前来报道
"It would be most agreeable if you could make yourself
我们将欣慰至极
"available for work from tomorrow, 9am sharp.
请从圣玛丽街70号♥的正门进入
"Please enter through the main entrance at 70 St Mary..."
天啊
Bloody hell.
我有工作了
I got a job!
你看吧 皇天不负有心人
You see? All works out in the end.
我有工作了
I got a job!
谢谢你
PAUL: Thank you.
罗登先生
Mr Roden!
麻烦出示推荐信
Referral, please.
呃
Ew.
1409号♥房♥
Suite 1409.
有事吗 需要帮忙坐下吗
What's the matter? Need help sitting?
哦 我不是……
Oh, I'm... I'm not...
啊
Ah!
嗯
Hm?
罗茜 我们的新大厅怎么样
Well, Rosie, what do we think of the new lobby?
哦 威尔斯先生
Oh, Mr Wells,
我本以为会很高兴
I was expecting to be pleased,
但今早我第一眼看到的时候
but this morning, when I saw it for the first time,
我对工作又充满了新的热情
my heart burst with a new passion for my work.
我不知道你是不是说的真心话
I can't tell if you're being serious.
对于新大厅 我再真心不过了
I couldn't be more serious... about the new lobby.
卡朋特 -嗨
Carpenter! - Hi.
我看你穿上了西服 -嗯
Wearing a suit, I see. - Mm.
很不错 有所努力 加分
Very nice. Making an effort - tick.
尝试做自己 加大分
Trying to be yourself - bigger tick.
我们就是一个愉快的大家庭 对吗 罗茜
We're all a big happy family here, aren't we, Rosie?
对吗 -一个愉快的大家庭
Yes? - One big happy family.
我们要一起翻山越岭 保罗
We're going to tear through mountains together... Paul?
保罗 好的
Paul. Ah, OK.
我乐意翻山越岭
Well, I love to tear... mountains.
保罗·卡朋特
Paul Carpenter.
这是你最后一次改变主意的机会
Last chance to change your mind.
坦纳先生 新的实习生来报道了
Mr Tanner, the new intern's here.
不 她早就到位了 妈妈
TANNER: No, she's here already, Mum.
额 我是说罗茜
Uh, I mean 'Rosie'.
他们在蜂拥而至
Well, they're coming in thick and fast
因为还有一位实习生正一脸懵逼地
'cause there's another one here with a clueless look
等在这儿
on his face.
我想你不能告诉我
I don't suppose you could fill me in
电影精选列表