嘿 昨天你说你会告诉我
hey, yesterday you were gonna tell me how come...
你怎么知道苏特那么多的事
you knew so much about shooter.
我是说
I mean...
他看起来是一个很孤僻的人
seeing as he was a loner and all.
呃
well...
其实你可以说我算是他的一个
I guess you could say I was sort of a...
密友吧
confidant of shooter's.
-那是什么 -密友
- What's that? - Confidant?
他能倾诉的对象吧
Someone he could bounce things off of.
确保他在做对的事
Make sure he was doing the right thing.
-就像我们现在在做的事 -对
- Kind of like what we're doing right now. - Yeah.
就像我们现在所做的事
Kind of like what we're doing right now.
所以
So...
最后苏特和乔西怎么样了
what ended up happening with shooter and josie?
看来你是不得到答案就不会放弃
You're just not gonna give up till you know
对吗
everything, are ya?
对
Nope.
让我想想 我说到哪了
let me see... Where was I?
嗯
all right.
他们的地下恋情在那个夏天持续了很长时间
Shooter and josie had been secretly courting
而且苏特也知道
for most of the summer and...
乔西就是那个对的人
he knew she was the one for him.
他也知道如果想要向乔西求婚的话
He also knew that if he was gonna pop the question,
他需要买♥♥一枚订婚戒指
he needed to get her a proper engagement ring.
至少他是这么想的
At least to his way of thinking.
那他为什么不利用押注和射击
So, why didn't he just raise more money
来多挣点钱呢
from bets and shooting?
这是个好问题 小家伙
That is a very good question, young man.
值得一个好的答案
And it deserves a good answer.
得了吧 早就看过了
Big deal, seen it already.
通常情况下
Under normal circumstances...
苏特会简装去往下一个
shooter would've simply packed up and moved on to
没人知道他的地方
the next place that hadn't heard of him.
但现在他满脑子都是乔西
Now that he had josie on his mind...
离开是不可能的
leaving wasn't an option.
那他最后怎么做的
What did he end up doing?
他曾一度无所事事 并且为此对自己感到抱歉
For a time, he sat around and felt sorry for himself.
直到
That is...
有一天
until one day.
你想来点什么 马歇尔
can I get you anything, marshal?
嗯 我想喝点小酒
Yeah, I think I'll have a nip of the old overhaul.
来两杯
Make it two.
街上传言说
Word on the street is that um...
你碰到难事了
you've fallen onto hard times.
我并没有做错任何事 如果这是你想知道的
I ain't done nothing wrong, if that's what you're asking.
我没 我没有说你做错了
Oh, I ain't-I ain't here to say you did.
我只是告诉你我所听到的 仅此而已
I'm just passing on my findings, that's all.
一个男人在找另一半
Just 'cause one man's looking for another...
并不是一件坏事
doesn't mean it's necessarily a bad thing.
维吉尔 厄普
Virgil earp.
我有听说过你
Yeah, I've heard of you.
是这样吗 哈哈
Is that so? Uh-huh.
在堪萨斯州 你和你兄弟
You and your brother made quite the name for
那可是很有名的
yourselves down in kansas.
什么风把你吹到图桑来了
What brings you to tucson?
我在亚利桑那州有点生意
Business for the arizona territory.
每周我们都要出一些货
We're starting a series of shipments weekly.
呃
Well...
那跟我有什么关系吗
what's that got to do with me?
我听说 你很了不起
Well, I've heard that you're spectacularly
你精通枪法
good with a gun.
所以呢
How so?
谢谢你 女士
thank you, ma'am.
我需要一些人帮我押货
I need men to watch over those shipments.
一些我能够信任的 帮我完成任务的人
Men I can trust to show up and meet the stagecoach.
总的来说
These parts aren't really...
这些地方还没那么太平
tamed, so to speak.
有很多烦人的家伙
There's a lot of unsavory types that like to make
都喜欢抢马车上的东西挣快钱
a quick buck on the likes of what's on those shipments.
那马车上装的是什么东西
Well, what is the content of those shipments?
我自然知道 但你的任务只是保护它
That's for me to know and you, my friend, to protect.
你凭什么认为我会感兴趣
What makes you think I'd be interested?
500美元
Oh, just $500.
如果押运超过了三个月
And more where that came from, if you stay on
你会得到更多
beyond three months.
你也不是一个人去
Oh, you won't be at it alone.
会有其他人陪着你
There will be others with you.
但没那么容易
But it won't be easy.
或许还在你头上留下点痕迹
There will be a mark on your head.
你还需要知道的是
And I'm here to tell ya...
那些向你们开枪的人 只管打回去
shooting up fellas what are shooting back...
但可不像打破瓶子那么简单
isn't as easy as busting them bottles.
听起来还不错
I mean, it all sounds pretty interesting.
我能早上给你答复吗
Can I give you an answer in the morning?
当然 我理解
Oh, of course, I understand.
你可以和那位女士一起来报道
You gotta check in with the little lady.
她很漂亮
She's a beauty.
你怎么知道乔西
What do you know about josie?
如果我要雇佣一个人
I make it my business to know everything about
我的职责需要让我知道他所有的事
a man that I'm about to hire.
你看 如果你上路了
You see, when you're on that trail
你就相当于我的分身
you're an extension of myself.
任何事
Anything...
如果出错了的话
goes wrong out there...
我都需要自己承担责任
I will take it personal.
你懂了吗
You hear me?
懂了 先生
Yes sir.
很好
Good.
那么 我希望一早就能听到你的答案
Then, I expect you'll have an answer for me in the morning.
好的
All right, then.
我保证
You got my word.
现在苏特陷入了一个困境
now this left shooter in a predicament.
要么拒绝这个能给他一切
he could either turn down the job that would give him
他想给乔西的机会
everything to provide for josie...
要么告诉乔西 为了乔西可能并不在意的那些东西
or tell josie he was about to risk his life for somethin'
他打算将他的生命拿去冒险
she didn't even care about.
汤米: 让我猜一猜
Tommy, v/o: let me guess...
事情进展的并不顺利是吗
it didn't go over so well did it?
呃 是的
uh... Nope.
苏特 你知道那些做这种事的人的下场吗
Do you know what happens to people that do that, shooter?
最后回来的只有一个松木盒
They come back in a pine box.
我 我知道 我经常看到这种事在我爸爸雇佣的人身上发生
And I know... I know. I've seen it happen
他们带来又拿走一个又一个的盒子
all the time with men my daddy hired to bring one in and out.
我感觉是你想太多了
well, I thought you'd be thrilled.
你想一想
Think about it.
那样我们就能结婚了
That's enough for us to get married.
你也能把我介绍给你的父亲
And you can introduce me to your pa.
我的意思是 别人不太会看轻那些
I mean, it's kinda hard to look down at a fella makin'
一个月能挣一百美元的家伙
100 bucks a month.
我不想你被杀
I don't want you to get killed!
我现在就告诉你
I'm tellin' you right now...
不会有事发生的
nothing's gonna happen to me.
我向你保证
You have my word.
但你根本不了解 苏特
But you don't know that, shooter.
没事的
Alright...
苏特 你在做什么
shooter, what are you doing?
你觉得呢
What's it look like?
乔西 你是我目光所及的女人中
Josie, you're the most amazing
最让我惊叹的那一个
woman that I ever laid eyes on.
你美丽 聪慧
You're beautiful, and you're smart.
电影精选列表