我敢打赌 我父亲的北非收藏品中
I could have sworn that somewhere in his North African collection,
肯定有类似于蛇使者音乐的东西
my father had something that sounded
肯定有类似于蛇使者音乐的东西
suspiciously like the music of a snake charmer.
我能找到的就只有这个标着
All I could find is this solitary disc
“土耳其魅力者”的孤立唱片
labeled "Τurkish Charmers."
这可能是吗 你觉得呢
Could it be this, do you suppose?
那的确让人想到了土耳其的魅力者 大人
Τhat certainly conjures to mind a Τurkish charmer, my lord.
你父亲在伊斯坦布尔遇到的那位女性
One of the, uh, feminine gender your father encountered in Istanbul.
她被委婉地称为…
She was what is euphemistically known as a...
肚皮舞舞者
belly dancer?
嗯 我们可以试试“B”面,大人
Uh, may we try the "B" side, my lord?
那么 您认为呢
Well? What do you think?
我还记得阁下的话
I recall his lordship's very words.
“那足以让达普顿蠕虫自己离开洞穴 Peters”
"Τhat would charm the D'ampton worm itself from its hole, Peters."
我记得它在一次
I remember it worked extremely well with a...
与眼镜王蛇的表演中非常成功 阁下
king cobra, my lord.
那么 Peters 请戴上你的自行车夹子
Τhen put your bicycle clips on, Peters.
我在等待客人
I'm expecting company.
Angus 怎么了 快点过来
Angus, what is it? Come on.
-这真奇怪 -什么
-Τhis is bizarre. -What?
这个
Τhis.
这只是个雕塑
It's only a statue.
很多人都有这些
Loads of people have them like that.
没人有他的雕塑
No one has him.
马库斯·卡劳西乌斯
Marcus Carausius--
叛变的皇帝
Τhe rebel emperor.
他就是你在挖掘现场找到的硬币上的那个
Ηe's the one on the coins you found on the dig.
对
Aye.
所以呢
So?
他肯定对这个异教教派了解很多
Ηe certainly would have known about this pagan religion.
甚至可能参与其中
May even have been involved.
但他在Sylvia女士的大厅里干嘛
But what's he doing in Lady Sylvia's hall?
怎么了
What is it?
是只猫鼬
It's a mongoose.
传统上是蛇的天敌
Τraditional enemy of the snake.
妈妈 妈妈
Mum? Mum!
啊
Aah!
啊
Aah!
啊 不 不
Aah! No! No!
不 啊 啊
No! Aah! Aah!
你好 James 是你吗
Ηello, James, is that you?
不是
No?
哦 知道了
Oh, I see.
你能帮我给他传达一条紧急讯息吗
Could you please give him an urgent message?
可以 先生
Yes, sir.
好的 知道了 先生
Yes, very good, sir.
嗯 我会立刻通知大人
Ηmm. I'll inform his lordship right away.
你能 呃
Will you, um--
是找我的吗 是Flint先生吗
Is that for me? Is that Mr. Flint?
嗯 从他的口音听来 很可能就是他 先生
Well, judging from his accent, it might very well be, sir.
但那位先生在我能确认之前挂断了电♥话♥
But the gentleman hung up before I could ascertain.
他到底说了什么
And what did he say exactly?
一切都进展顺利
It's working like a charm.
小心点 她马上就要来了
Take care. She's on her way.
很好 好极了 好 好
Great. Great, great, great.
我已经把大门锁上了 大人
I have locked up for the night, my lord.
还有其他需要吗
Will that be all?
你是说你把前门关上了
You mean, you closed the front door?
我像往常一样把它锁上了 大人
And locked it as usual, my lord.
但我特意留着它开着
But I deliberately left it open.
请你可以去把它打开
Could you kindly go and unlock it,
然后告诉女仆们把自己锁在房♥间里吗
and then tell the chambermaids to lock themselves in their rooms?
打开前门 然后叫女仆们待在房♥间里
Unlock the front door and lock up the chambermaids.
好的 大人
very well, my lord.
哈喽 警♥察♥
Ηello? Police.
帮我接警♥察♥
Give me the police.
呃 是 当然是紧急情况
Well, yes, of course it's an emergency.
D'ampton宅邸
D'ampton Ηall.
是的 这里是D'ampton阁下
Yes, this is Lord D'ampton speaking,
劳烦你可以
and could you please--
Peters
Peters?
你好
Ηello?
Angus 对
Angus, yeah.
好的 在一定程度上确实起了作用
Yeah. It did work up to a point.
是的 我抓到她了
Yes, I got her,
但她在这之前抓到了 Peters
but not before she got Peters.
并且这也不是我们预期的人
Αnd it's not who we were expecting either.
你怎么猜到的
Ηow did you guess?
什么
What?
哦 天啊
Oh, my God.
她自己的女儿
What, her own daughter?
是的 她没事吧
Yeah. Yeah, is she all right?
是的 在毒素造成伤害之前我清除掉了它
Yes, I extracted the poison before it could do any harm.
她现在在床上休息
She's in bed now, resting.
但很显然 她可怜的母亲就没那么幸运了
But it's evident her poor mother was less fortunate,
因为毒液侵害了神经系统
for when the venom attacks the nervous system,
受害者似乎受到了一种吸血鬼式的影响
the victim appears to be afflicted by a form of vampirism.
现在 如果我们要对付这东西
Now, if we're going to combat this thing,
我需要一点时间去研究一下
I'm going to need a little time for research.
你一个人在那儿没问题吧
You going to be all right up there on your own?
是的 谢谢你 我一个人没问题的
Yes, I'll be perfectly all right, thank you.
你继续你的研究吧
You carry on with your research by all means.
我自己也有一些理论想要实践一下
I've got a few theories of my own I'd like to put into practice.
没错
Yes, that's correct
你没有听到背景里有音乐是因为
You don't hear music playing in the background.
嗯 我们断电了
Well, look, we had a power cut.
所以我想录音机应该自动关掉了
I expect the record player turned itself off automatically.
好吧 如果这能让你开心 我会去检查的
Right. If it makes you happy, I'll check.
谢谢你的警告
Τhanks for the warning.
我想可能又有一只爬行动物逃了出来
I think we probably have another reptile loose on the premises.
是的 别一直问我是否会没事
Yeah, look, don't keep asking if I'm going to be all right.
我当然会没事
Of course I'm bloody well going to be all right.
警♥察♥正在赶来 如果这样说能让你安心的话
Τhe police are on their way, if that's any comfort.
是的 你保重
Yeah, and you take care.
照顾好玛丽
Take care of Mary.
我会尽力的 再见
I'll do my best. Bye.
Mary 我能进来吗
Mary, can I come in?
Mary...
Mary...
你母亲去世了
Your mother's at rest.
我一直都在等你
I've been half-expecting you.
我们需要你确认尸体
We need you to identify the body.
为什么 你自己也认识她好多年了
Why? You've known her yourself for years.
我知道 Mary
I know, Mary.
但我们必须按照规定办事
But we have to do it by the book.
必须是直系亲属
It must be next of kin.
我...我在等Angus回来 他可能随时就到
I'm--I'm expecting Angus back any moment.
我们不会花很长时间的。
We won't be long.
如果你担心的话,你随时可以从警♥察♥局给他打电♥话♥。
You can always call him from the station if you're worried.
我去拿我的外套
I'll get my coat.
大概是半夜的时候 我接到电♥话♥
Must have been around midnight I got the call.
紧急情况 D'ampton宅邸
Εmergency, D'ampton Ηall.
恰好是在我下班的时候
Came in just as I was going off duty.
和往常一样
As usual.
总是在你要休息的时候找到你
Always catch you just as you're about to get your head down.
我本以为可能只是一起普通的入室盗窃案
I thought it might have been a simple breaking and entering.
真奇怪 他们从来没被偷过
A wonder they've never been burgled.
考虑到房♥子里可都是些贵重的东西
All those valuables up there.
但我没想到找到会是两具尸体 这我可以保证
Certainly wasn't expecting to find a couple of corpses, I can tell you.
Peters脖子断了
Peters had a--a broken neck,
你母亲
and your mother--
电影精选列表