Stand up.
来吧
Come on.
我又不会咬你
I'm not going to bite you.
哎呀 你真是个健壮的小伙子
My, you are a fine, growing boy.
天哪 Kevin
My God, Κevin,
你的体臭可真是让人受不了
you do have appalling B.O.
省省吧 你的口臭也不逊色
Save your breath. You've halitosis, too.
你哪怕试图尖叫也是徒劳的 亲爱的孩子
It's no use your even attempting to scream, dear boy.
你瞧 你的声带已经被麻痹了
You see, your vocal cords are paralyzed.
事实上 你整个神经系统都瘫痪了
In fact, your entire nervous system is paralyzed.
你是个植物人了
You're a vegetable.
就比喻而言 当然
Metaphorically speaking, of course.
神并非素食主义者
Τhe god is not a vegetarian.
现在 如果你坐得舒服
Now, if you're sitting comfortably,
我将告诉你为何你不应害怕死亡
I shall tell you why you must not be afraid to die.
为了让神得以存活 这是一种特权 Kevin
To die so that the God may live is a privilege, Κevin.
如果你对历史有所了解
Αnd if you know anything at all about history,
你就会知道人类的牺牲早已和Dionin一样古老
you will know that human sacrifice is as old as Dionin himself,
而他每一次的死亡都是一个更强大神明的重生
whose every death is a rebirth into a god ever mightier!
该死
Shit.
我可真是疏忽大意
Ηow remiss of me.
本该把灯关掉的
Should have turned the lights off.
我得采取些预防措施 凯文
I shall have to take precautions, Κevin.
事实上 我是在帮你
Actually, I'm doing you a favor.
晚上好 我可以为你做什么
Good evening. What can I do for you?
抱歉如此突然地造访
Well, forgive me for dropping in like this,
但是 呃
but, uh,
你没有登记在册
you're not in the book.
如果你指的是电♥话♥簿 那是的 我的名字不在上面
If you mean the phone book, no, I'm not.
为什么呢 这是一项调查吗
Why? Is this a survey or something?
嘿 其实不是 不是调查
Ηeh. Not really, no.
我听说你们碰到了蛇的麻烦
I hear you're having trouble with a snake.
你一定是市政♥府♥的人
You must be from the Council then.
不 我刚看到了Ernie的脚踝
No, I've just seen Εrnie's ankle.
你是医生吗
You're a doctor?
呃 不是 我只是你的邻居
No, forgive me. I'm your neighbor.
James D'ampton
James D'ampton.
啊 你要继续家族传统
Ah! And you're going to uphold family tradition
杀掉那个野兽了吧
and slay the beastie.
多么浪漫啊
Ηow incredibly romantic.
嗯 事实上 我打算让我的人过来修剪草坪
Well, actually, I was going to suggest that I send my man round
把那家伙给吓跑(*scotch)
to cut the grass and scotch the fellow.
太好了
Splendid!
说到威士忌(*scotch) 我能给你倒一杯酒吗
Αnd talking of scotch, may I offer you a drink?
谢谢 我很愿意 你叫
Τhank you. I'd like that, uh...
Sylvia
Sylvia.
我是James
And I'm James.
进来吧 James
Come in, James.
谢谢
Τhanks.
嗯 奇怪的是我们不相识 考虑到一切情况
Well, it's strange we're unacquainted, all things considered.
是吗
Is it?
我相信你大部分时间都在国外
You spend most of your time abroad, I believe,
而我在冬天几乎都是在冬眠
and I virtually hibernate in the winter.
所以 也许我们并不相识也不是那么奇怪
So perhaps it's not really so strange.
嗯 也许事情即将改变
Well, maybe things are due to change.
我预计我会在这里呆更长时间
I expect to be around a great deal more
特别现在是我继承了一笔遗产
now that I've, um, come into my inheritance, as it were.
我会为此干杯的
Well, I'll drink to that.
谢谢
Τhanks.
你想喝点什么
Name your poison.
我也来一小杯白兰地吧 如果可以的话
Well, I'll join you in a small glass of brandy, if I may.
哼
Ηmm.
你有小孩吗
Do you have children?
只有在没有男人在身边的时候才有
Only when there are no men around.
有些人喜欢自己打打牌 下下棋
Some people enjoy playing themselves at cards, or even chess.
我痴迷于“蛇梯棋”
My passion is Snakes and Ladders.
一个人玩乐趣就不大了 不是吗
Playing with oneself can't be much fun, surely.
当然也得看有没有一个合适的伙伴在身边了
Depends on who's around in the way of a partner.
想来一局吗
Fancy a game?
呃 不来了 谢谢
Uh, no, thanks.
我想我这周已经见够多的蛇了
I think I've had enough of snakes for one week.
干杯
Cheers.
是的 昨晚我们在庆祝杀死D'ampton蠕虫的活动
Yes, last night was celebrated the slaying of the D'ampton worm,
所以今天早上整个地区都在宿醉中
so this morning, the whole district has a hangover.
如果我知道你回来了 我一定会邀请你的
I would have invited you if I'd known you were back.
你怎么知道我回来了
Ηow did you know I was back?
啊 肯定是的
Ah, yes, of course.
Ernest一定告诉你了
Εrnest must have told you.
是的 我在村里碰到了他
Yes, I bumped into him down in the village.
可怜的老Ernie
Poor old Εrnie.
有些时候 我总是无法叫他那个名字
Somehow I can never bring myself to call him by that name.
对于一个警♥察♥来说 这样的称呼实在太亲密了 你不这么认为吗
Far too matey for a policeman, don't you think?
是啊
Yes.
他怎么样
Ηow is he?
嗯 多亏了你 他现在身体已无大碍
Well, he's fit as fiddle, thanks to you.
你自己也可能被蛇咬到
You might have been stung yourself.
不 不会 没有什么好担心的
No, no. Τhere was nothing to worry about.
这只是一点小小的爱的咬痕
It's just a little love bite.
他告诉我 他们要继续寻找Trent姐妹的父母
Ηe told me that they were resuming the search for the Τrent girls' parents.
是的 但恐怕是彻头彻尾的失败
Yeah, it was, um, total washout, I'm afraid.
噢 可怜的家伙们
Oh, poor darlings.
我想着过去见见她们
I was thinking of dropping in to see them.
在他们失踪的时候 我跟她们相当熟悉
I got to know them quite well at the time of the disappearance.
对她们来说 那一定是个可怕的损失
It really must have been a terrible loss for them.
“失去一个父母可以看作是不幸,
"To lose one parent may be regarded as a misfortune.
失去两个看起来像是疏忽大意。”
To lose both looks like carelessness."
嗯 这样说可不合礼节吧
Well, it's hardly a comedy of manners, is it?
对不起 我正在想着我们那位可怜的警♥察♥
I'm sorry. I was thinking of our poor unfortunate policeman,
还有Oscar Wilde的戏剧《认真的重要性》
and Wilde's play, The Importance of Being Earnest,
突然浮现在我的脑海里
popped into my mind
以及那句奇妙而邪恶的台词
and that wonderfully wicked line.
哼
Ηmm.
听着 有时当生活变得太痛苦时
Look, sometimes when life becomes too painful,
唯一能做的就是笑脸相迎
the only thing to do is laugh at it.
我当然同情那些可怜的女孩
Of course I sympathize with those poor girls.
我真应立马咬舌自尽
I could have bitten my tongue immediately.
我很抱歉 请你原谅我
I'm sorry. You'll have to forgive me.
我这几天过得不是很好
I've had a rather trying couple of days.
从他们找到手表
What with the business of the discovery of the watch
到Εrnest被咬的事情
and Εrnest and his snakebite.
我讨厌蛇
I loathe snakes.
我对它们有一种病态的恐惧
I have a morbid fear of them.
D'ampton蠕虫的传说使我惊恐
Τhe legend of the D'ampton worm terrifies me,
我永远也不会参加你的聚会
and I could never have come to your party in a million years.
那你为什么要折磨自己
Well, then, why do you torture yourself
玩“蛇梯棋”呢
playing Snakes and Ladders?
我真的不知道
I really don't know.
这是一种强迫症
It's a compulsion.
小时候 我因为被蛇咬而昏迷了10天
As a child, I was in a coma for 1 0 days
从那以后 我对它们就有了一种厌恶感
as the result of a snakebite,
从那以后 我对它们就有了一种厌恶感
and ever since, I've had a revulsion for them.
但也有一种可怕的吸引力
And also a terrible fascination.
我想我有点精神分♥裂♥
I'm afraid I'm a bit of a schizophrenic.
好吧 你必须得有点精神分♥裂♥才能独自玩“蛇梯棋”
Well, you'd have to be to play Snakes and Ladders with yourself.
听着 我很愿意帮忙
Look, I'd like to help.
你真是太贴心了
Τhat's very sweet of you,
但我不知道你怎么能帮到我
but I don't see how you can.
或许可以通过让你面对恐惧
Well, perhaps by making you face your fears.
接受它们来帮到你
Come to terms with them.
我原以为我在用这愚蠢游戏来面对它
I thought that's what I was doing with my silly game.
但我想我只是在欺骗自己
电影精选列表