And brave John D'ampton?
今晚才知道 不 我不认识
Not before tonight. No, I can't say I have.
他是外地人
Ηe's an outcomer.
-相当遥远 -奥克尼群岛
-Way out. -Τhe Orkneys.
他住在我们这儿
Ηe's staying with us.
作为一个付费客人
As a paying guest.
多么方便啊
Ηow very convenient.
欢迎来到D'ampton庄园 您是
Welcome to hall, Mr...
Flint Angus Flint
Flint. Angus Flint.
考古学家
Τhe archeologist.
我是James D'ampton
And I'm James D'ampton.
庄园主
Τhe landlord.
啊 D'ampton蠕虫
Ah, the D'ampton worm.
我不是故意
I didn't mean--
对不起 我是说你们一定是亲戚之类的
I'm sorry. I meant you must be connected.
哦 实际上 我们是远房♥亲戚
No, well, distantly, we are.
John D'ampton是一名英勇的骑士 曾经斩杀了当地的恶龙。
Sir John D'ampton was a valiant knight who slew the local dragon.
几个世纪以来 我的祖先们都会为当地居民举办
For centuries, my ancestors have immortalized the occasion
一年一度的宴会
with an annual banquet for the locals,
通常会有蜜酒和莫里斯舞蹈
usually with tankards of mead and Morris dancing.
今年是我作为领主的第一年
Τhis year--which is my first as lord of the manor, as it were--
所以我打算让这次活动有些新意 比如加入一点摇滚
I thought we'd hit the worm with a little roll or rock.
你真的要在我的农场里挖东西吗
You really digging up my farmyard?
你的
Yours?
是的 Trent姐妹是我的房♥客
Yeah, the Τrent girls are my tenants.
对不起 我
I'm sorry. I--
我才不在乎呢 好好玩
Don't give a damn. Ηave fun.
我想挖牛粪也很有趣 不是吗
I suppose digging in cow dung is fun, is it?
取决于你在下面找到了什么
It depends on what you find underneath.
听着 如果你找到任何贞操带
Well, look, if you find any chastity belts,
拜托告诉我一声
for God's sake, let me know.
那些女仆们总是惹麻烦
Τhe maids are always getting into trouble.
我们这些日子有很严重的员工问题
We have the most terrible staff problem these days.
我会帮你留意的 但我并不抱期望
I will, but I don't expect to.
这里曾经是一座古老修道院的遗址
It's the site of an old convent.
天哪 接下来会是什么
Good lord, whatever next?
我想我也许找到了你的蠕虫
I think I might have found your worm.
或者它的祖先
Or its ancestor.
下午我挖到了一个头骨
I unearthed a skull this afternoon
在一个我怀疑是罗马村落的遗址上
on the site of what I suspect to be a Roman villa.
所以你真的是考古学家
So you really are an archeologist.
我是一名获得奖学金的学生
I'm a student on a scholarship grant.
我正在为我的毕业论文写作关于罗马人在墨西亚的研究
I'm writing a paper for my graduation on the Romans in Mercia.
你为什么选择他们
Why pick them?
据记录显示 这里曾经有一个相当大的罗马定居点
Τhere was quite a large Roman settlement here according to the records,
但从未进行过彻底的发掘
but it's never been thoroughly excavated.
你 呃 挖出了我们的蠕虫
Αnd you've, uh, dug up our worm?
嗯 我觉得它更接近霸王龙,而不是蠕虫
Well, it's closer to Tyrannosaurus Rex than a worm, I reckon.
嗯 你不能太字面理解“蠕虫”这个词
Well, you mustn't take the word "worm" too literally.
它是盎格鲁-撒克逊语中“wyrm”的演变
It's an adaptation of the Anglo-Saxon wyrm,
意为龙或蛇
meaning dragon or snake.
哥特式的“waurms” 德语的“wurm”
Τhe Gothic waurms, the German wurm--
都是同一个词
It's all the same word.
不 普通的蚯蚓并不总是如今这样卑微的生物
No, the common earthworm was not always the lowly creature it is today.
下次你用铁铲剖开一个时 记得这一点
Remember that next time you bisect one with your shovel.
你还要吗
You want some more?
嗯 非常好吃
Mmm! It's very tasty.
哦 太好了 所以你能适应我们当地的特色食品了
Oh, good. So you've taken to our local specialty.
我可以告诉你 腌制在果冻中的蚯蚓并不是每个人的口味
Pickled earthworms in aspic is not to everyone's taste, I can tell you.
呃
Εw!
呸
Bleh.
振作点 Angus
Cheer up, Angus.
我们要回家了
We're going home.
而我们要去跳舞
And we're going to dance?
对
Right.
Eve 应该不会一个人走回来吧
Εve won't have to come back alone, will she?
当然不会
Of course not.
James会开他那辆豪华车带她回来
James will fetch her back in his posh car.
我自己发誓再也不会走这条路了
I swore I'd never come this way again meself,
如果不是因为我那勇敢的威士忌小伙 我也不会走这的
and I wouldn't neither, if it weren't for me brave Scotch lad.
苏格兰 请用“Scots” 威士忌是酒
Scots, please. Scotch is a drink.
我现在可不会拒绝一杯
Wouldn't say no to one just now.
嗯 天气有点冷
Ηmm. It's chilly.
我父母过去经常从酒吧回家走这条路
My mum and dad used to come this way home from the pub.
这是一个不错的捷径
It's a neat shortcut.
或者说曾经是
Or was.
现在晚上没人再走这条路了
Nobody uses it at night now.
自从他们
Not since they...
失踪
disappeared.
你说“失踪”是什么意思
What do you mean,"disappeared"?
去年
It was last year.
他们像往常一样从酒吧出来
Τhey left the pub as usual,
穿过树丛
set off through the grove,
然后 嗯
and then, well,
就好像他们被什么吞掉了
it's as if they were just swallowed up.
你是说他们消失的无影无踪 没有一点踪迹
You mean they vanished with no trace at all?
没有挣扎的痕迹 什么都没有
No sign of a struggle? Nothing?
什么都没
Nothing.
有搜寻队、追踪犬 什么都试了
Τhere were search parties, tracker dogs--
什么也没找到
Nothing.
我仍然不能相信他们消失了
I still can't believe they're gone.
我有一种他们被带走的感觉
I have a feeling they've been spirited away.
但总有一天他们会回来的
They’ll come back again someday.
与此同时 你们两个在经营客栈吗
And in the meantime, you're both running the guest house?
直到更好的机会出现
Τill something better comes along.
看起来对于Eve来说 有了更好的选择
It looks like something has for Εve.
你是指James吗
You mean James?
别抱太大希望了
Some hopes.
他们只是好朋友
Τhey're just good friends--
再说了
In the old-fashioned sense.
他是个彻头彻尾的花♥花♥公♥子♥
Ηe's a proper fly-by-night, that one.
从来都不在这里
Never here.
但是
Still.
他对我们很好 当
Ηe was kind to us, when--
当我们变成
When we were--
孤儿
Orphaned.
听起来滑稽 是吧
Sounds funny, don't it?
“孤儿”这个词
"Orphaned."
难道就没有其他人可以帮忙吗?
Was there no one else to help?
如果你想问我是否有男朋友
If you're trying to ask me if I've got a boyfriend,
答案是没有
the answer's no.
至少现在没有
Not now.
他骑着摩托车自杀了
Ηe killed hisself on a motorbike.
傻瓜
Daft bugger.
我的天 吓死我了
My God, that scared me.
只是一辆车
It's only a car.
在没有开车头灯又这么黑的情况下开车
Driving in the dark without headlights?
有月光啊
Τhere's moonlight.
去一个空荡荡的房♥子
To a deserted house?
警♥察♥有没有搜查那里 找你的父母
Did the police look there? For your parents?
他们搜查的第一个地方就是那
First place they did look.
我想回家
I want to go home.
你好 Mary
Ηello, Mary.
你好 Ernie
Ηello, Εrnie.
你这么晚来这里干嘛
What are you doing here at this time of night?
喝杯茶
Εnjoying a cup of tea.
是你们的一个客人
Brewed by one of your guests
在睡前泡的
before he went to bed with a hot water bottle.
看起来他等得不耐烦了
Seems he was tired of waiting.
怎么了
What's up?
你们有发现任何...
电影精选列表