谁知道结果会怎样
who knows how it would've played out.
但这是最令人难忘的夜晚之一 因为
But it was one of the more memorable nights, just because, you know,
它能提醒或说服我自己
reminding myself or convincing myself that, you know,
我已达到我所认知的那个水平
I was who I thought I was at that level.
对于一个大一新生来说 在任何比赛拿32分都是非常独特的
For a freshman to have 32 points in any game was very unique.
所以 当我们回到戴维森时
So, when we came back to Davidson,
镇上的人都在议论纷纷
people around town were talking.
这是人们第一次开始注意到他
It was the first time people started to take notice.
但当我说人们时 我的意思是真的只是戴维森的人们
But when I say people, I mean really just people at Davidson.
我在录音
I'm recording.
(录影)
你的戴维森山猫队
And now, your Davidson Wildcats.
(2006 年12月9日 赛季第四场主场比赛)
来自北卡罗来纳州夏洛特市 一名身高183cm的新生后卫
A 6-foot freshman guard from Charlotte, North Carolina,
30号♥ 斯蒂芬·库里!
number 30, Steph Curry!
防卫!
Defense! Defense! Defense! Defense!
斯蒂芬·库里射入三分球!
Three pointer for Steph Curry!
我记得我坐在那里想
I remember sitting there thinking,
“这很不寻常 这个小新生
"That's unusual, that this tiny freshman
已经很快得到教练授权投三分球…
has the level of green light to take a three so quickly,
(迈克尔·克鲁斯 戴维森校友和作家)
miss a three and then take another one and make it
错过一个三分球 再投一个并成功投篮
就在球赛的前几秒钟”
in, like, the first handful of seconds of the game."
加油!
Let's go!
这无疑是引人注目的
It was undeniably compelling.
感觉这是我需要看的故事的开端
Felt like this was the start of a story I needed to watch.
而且感觉就像在戴维森 斯蒂芬·库里是我们的秘密
And it also felt like at Davidson, Stephen Curry was sort of our secret.
戴维森秀
Davidson Show
没有比戴维森秀派对更好的派对了
There ain't no party like a D-Show party
让你兴奋
Gonna take you high
左右摇晃你的臀部
Shake your booty From side to side
戴维森秀
The Davidson Show,
这个广受欢迎的学生制♥作♥综艺节目
this wildly popular student-produced variety program
人们觉得有趣
people find funny.
(前进-播放)
Hey, guys. What's up?
噢 嘿 各位 你们好吗?
大家好
Hey, guys.
-你们好吗? -抱歉
-What's up? -Excuse me.
欢迎收看戴维森秀接管
Hey, welcome to The Davidson Show takeover.
-现在是星期一晚上 -我们只有两句话给你…
-It is Monday night. -We only got two words for you…
聚会
Hang out.
我爱《卡门斯》 嘿
I love Commons Hey
鸡仔饼 嘿
Chicken biscuits Hey
(《我爱卡门斯》 导演奥斯汀·贝尔 伴唱 斯蒂芬·库里)
Where's my grilled cheese? Hey
我的烤奶酪呢?
我爱《卡门斯》
I love Commons
《哨站》可能稍后开门
The Outpost might be open later
但是艾莉森不能给你的土豆调味
But Allison cannot flavor your tater
切斯特的今日特餐 是我来这里的唯一目的
Chester's du jour is all I'm here for
今天逃课了
Skipped class today
我只能说
And all I could say is Um…
去戴维森 篮球很重要
Going to Davidson, basketball was important,
但它不一定是每天首要的事
but it wasn't necessarily, like, the thing that dominated every single day.
我去上课
I was going to class.
我做功课
I was doing homework.
同时也是找乐趣的时间
It was also a time to have fun
和探索并找到自己
and kind of exploring and finding yourself.
(《十七》)
我大一那年
My freshman year,
我有机会体验正常的大学生活
I had an opportunity to kind of have a normal college experience.
我很享受这一刻
And it just kept me enjoying the moment.
加油
Go.
在球场上 我们的球队打得很好
On the court, our team was playing well.
人们对我们赢得比赛感到惊讶
It surprised people that we were winning games.
慢慢地 戴维森的炒作开始了
And slowly the hype started to build at Davidson.
(《夏洛特观察家》 戴维森连续获得第10名)
(库里证实是一人毁灭王)
一切都真的很令人兴奋
Everything was really exciting.
(戴维森的刺♥激♥气氛)
But it was such an interesting time
但那是一段非常有趣的时光
因为真正看到的人不多
because very few people actually saw it.
社交媒体还很新
Social media was very new.
戴维森在南方联盟中…
And Davidson was in the Southern Conference at the time,
(劳伦比格斯 戴维森体育资讯 '06-'11)
which is a real wrinkle in the story.
这是故事中真正的曲折
那是个小型联盟赛
It's a small conference.
上电视的球赛很少
Very few games on TV.
一些人可能在互联网上观看
A couple maybe streamed on the Internet.
所以 如果你想看斯蒂芬·库里
So, if you wanted to see Stephen Curry,
你必须亲自到场
you had to go be there in person.
大家好吗?
What's up, everybody?
(“吃学玩”社区活动 加利福尼亚州 奥克兰)
走!我们开始吧
Let's go! Let's do it. Let's do it.
大家好吗?
What's up?
-很高兴见到你 绝对是 -他能拍张照片吗?
-Great to see you. Absolutely. -Can he get a picture?
(论文 - 草稿)
(社会学 395)
(女性在运动中的代表性不足)
所以 我很想开始…
So, I would love to, kind of, just start with--
我昨晚给你发了那份文件 是为了更新我的进度
I sent you that document last night with just an update of where I'm at,
关于体育领域的两性不平等待遇
looking at gender and inequality in the realm of sports.
希望这些资料是足够的
And hopefully, there's enough meat on the bone to kinda--
以便让你给我一些反馈 确保我的方向是正确的
you know, get some feedback from you on if I'm in the right direction.
是啊 好 当然
Yeah. Yeah, sure.
我认为你有很多有力的论据
So, I think that you have a lot of strong material.
我们这里的情况很不寻常
We're in a unusual situation here
因为你已参与了这行业而且很活跃
because you already are involved in all of this and doing a lot.
所以 它有很大的潜力
And so, it has great potential.
也许它更像是一个活生生的影响力 我想
So maybe it could be more of a living work of impact, I guess,
就它的用途而言
in terms of what it could be used for,
在这整个过程之后
after this whole process.
当然
Absolutely.
(播放)
(2007年3月15日)
(纽约州 布法罗)
斯蒂芬在戴维森的第一年
In Steph's first year at Davidson,
我们的表现已经超出预期
we had exceeded expectations.
我们打进了全国大学生体育协会锦标赛
We made it to the NCAA tournament,
我们有机会拿到金环
and we had a chance to grab the golden ring
就在斯蒂芬第一次参加锦标赛比赛时
in Steph's first experience in a tournament game.
(13 戴维森 对阵 4 马里兰 美国大学生体育协会第一场)
13号♥种子戴维森 对阵4号♥种子马里兰
Thirteenth seed Davidson against fourth seed Maryland.
戴维森 是一所位于夏洛特外 约32km的小型学校
Davidson, this small little school about 20 miles outside of Charlotte.
就在马里兰州213cm高的 鲍尔斯上方 多么棒的一球
Right over the 7-foot Bowers of Maryland. What a shot.
你在开玩笑吗?我的天
Are you kidding me? Oh, my goodness.
奥斯比打得漂亮
Nice slap away by Osby.
漂亮的抢断
Great steal.
戴维森失误
Turnover for Davidson.
库里 被打掉 草草传球
Curry. Knocked away. Sloppy pass.
他们正分崩离析
They're falling apart.
马里兰水龟队将晋级
And the Maryland Terrapins will advance.
他们今天下午击败了戴维森
They beat Davidson this afternoon,
那是13号♥种子戴维森 和4号♥种子马里兰水龟队
and it was a very competitive game between thirteenth-seeded Davidson
之间的一场激烈竞争
and the fourth seed Maryland Terrapins.
当你处于劣势时 必须拿走属于你的东西
When you are an underdog, you have to take what is yours.
这成为我们的主题了
And that became a theme for us.
所以在那场比赛之后
So, after that game,
我们立即将自己置于一种心态
we immediately thrust ourselves into a mindset of,
我们不能再让它从我们手中溜走
we can't let this slip through our hands again.
(总教练)
下个赛季 我们的大部分球员 包括斯蒂芬在内 实际上都回来了
The next season, most of our players, Steph included, were actually returning.
所以我们真的觉得 “我们全力以赴吧”
So we really felt like, "Let's go for all the marbles."
我们决定要尝试
We decided
that we were gonna try to play one of the most difficult schedules
当年全国最困难的赛程之一
in the country that year.
我们认为如果能赢得这些艰难的比赛
We thought if we could win these tough games,
也许我们可以在全国大学生 体育协会锦标赛获得更好的种子
maybe we can get a better seed in the NCAA tournament.
我们终于可以晋级了
And we could finally advance.
(北卡罗来纳对阵戴维森 2007年11月14日)
Davidson trying to upset the number one team in the country.
戴维森试图打乱国内排名第一的球队
鲍勃·麦基洛普说他的团队 将与北卡罗来纳州一起竞争
电影精选列表