我们赚到了
the sense that we just got a steal.
没有人知道这家伙会有多厉害
No one knows how good this guy's gonna be.
他非常符合我们的要求
He is a perfect fit for what we do.
所以 在教练离开之前 我妈妈感谢他给我这个机会
So, before Coach left, my mom thanked him for the opportunity.
她说的最后一句话是
And the last thing she said was,
“别担心 教练 我们会把他养肥给你的”
"Don't worry, Coach, we'll fatten him up for you."
教练转过身看着她 然后说
And Coach turned around and looked at her and was like,
“别担心这个 我们会按照他现在的样子接受他”
"Don't worry about that. We'll take him just the way he is."
这让我充满信心 因为
That gave me so much confidence in terms of his appreciation for
他很欣赏我的能力
What I bring to the table.
就是…
Like…
我与众不同 但我有能贡献的东西
I'm different, but I have something to offer.
我感觉很好
I felt great.
我真的觉得我做了对的决定
I really felt like I had made the right decision.
于是 两三天后 我去看了一场学校橄榄球赛
So, I went to watch a school football game two or three days later,
我告诉了我所有的朋友
and I told, like, all my friends, like,
“哟 我知道明年到哪里上学了
"Yo, I know where I'm going to school next year.
我要去戴维森”
I'm going to Davidson."
没人知道它在哪儿 那时…
And nobody knew where it was. It was like--
那一刻的大肆宣传 对我来说是如此愚蠢
like, that hype in that moment for me was so dope,
然后没有人能在情感上真正满足我
and then nobody could really meet me on that level emotionally,
和我欢庆
like, to celebrate it with me.
看看这个
Look at this one.
我记得麦基洛普教练 来家里招募斯蒂芬的时候
I remember when Coach McKillop came to recruit Stephen at the house,
他对斯蒂芬说的其中一件事…
one of the things that he said to Stephen was,
(梅赛德斯·赛福 斯蒂芬的表姐)
"I can get you on stage.
“我可以让你上台
你要怎么做就看你的了”
It's up to you what you'll do."
(雷克萨斯·赛福 斯蒂芬的表姐)
What I liked so much is that
我非常喜欢的是
我们根本不用证明别人是错的
it's not even necessarily about proving other people wrong.
-应该是证明… -是他自己
-It's about proving… -It's himself.
-他自己是对的 -没错 对
-…himself right. -Exactly. Yep.
那就好像一个不同的时代
It was just, like, a different time.
-是的 -你知道吗?
-Yeah. -You know?
他太小了…
He was so itty-bitty
(康蒂·亚当斯 斯蒂芬的祖母)
每个人都在挑剔他…
and everybody was picking on him,
说他太小打不了
talking about he was too small to play.
你还记得那男人站在看台上时
You remember when the man was up in the stands,
他称他们为朋克之类的?
and he was calling them punks and stuff?
我说 “再说一次…
I said, "Say one more thing,
我会打爆你的嘴”
I'ma bust you in your mouth."
我本来要爬过那座位
I was gonna climb over that seat.
-不是爬过那个座位 -我告诉他
-Not climb over the seat. -I told him,
“别说我孙子”
"Don't talk about my grandson."
-我记得 -“别说我孙子”
-I remember. -"Don't talk about my grandson."
记得我曾经说过 他看起来像卷心菜娃娃?
Remember I used to say he looked like the Cabbage Patch doll?
他绝对是意外怀孕
He was definitely an unplanned pregnancy.
因为我想要先读完大学
'Cause I wanted to get through college first.
然后我把斯蒂芬带回家
And then I brought Stephen back with me,
塞斯回来了
Seth back.
那时斯蒂芬两岁半 我毕业时他三岁了
Stephen was two and a half, and he turned three when I graduated.
你怎么有时间做功课?
How'd you have time for homework?
-就是 -去做就是了
-I know. -You just did it.
你去做就是了 我真的很想获得学位
You just did it. I really wanted to get my degree.
-我想到它就很激动 -嗯嗯 确实
-I get emotional thinking about it. -Definitely.
我是家里第一个获得学位的人
I was the first one in my family to get my degree,
对我来说 这总是 像是有什么未完成的事情
and to me it was always like something was unfinished.
当斯蒂芬决定提前一年 申报美国职业篮球联赛
When Stephen decided to declare for the NBA a year early,
我希望他能真正明白
I wanted him to really understand
获得学位对他来说是多么重要
how important it was for him to get his degree.
但同时
But then also,
斯蒂芬是麦基洛普教练的指导下
Stephen is the only player who has not gotten their degree
唯一没有拿到学位的球员
under the tutelage of Coach McKillop.
所以 这一直是我心中的一根刺
So, it has been a thorn in his side from me.
嗯 然后他会这样 “我刚刚拿了三个冠军”
And then he'll be like, "I just won three championships."
而我就像…
And I'm like,
“你说得对 现在去拿到文凭冠军”
"You're right. Now get the diploma championship."
(三藩市)
-爸爸? -什么事?
-Daddy? -Yes?
-我能吃点小吃吗? -小吃?
-Can I get a snack? -A snack?
-是的 -好 你可以吃
-Yeah. -Yes. You can get a snack.
例如一个番茄什么的
Like, a tomato or something.
(自从2009年提前一年 离开戴维森大学以来)
(斯蒂芬试图完成他的学位 但失败了)
天 如果你们能在2012年 的夏令营看到我就好了
Oh, man, if y'all would've saw me in summer school 2012.
在停摆期间 我在联盟的第二年
During a lockout, my second year in the league,
早上8:00开着奔驰G级 到戴维森的校园
pulling up to Davidson's campus in a G-Wagen at 8:00 a.m.
然后停摆突然结束 这就是为什么它现在还不完整
And then the lockout ended abruptly, and that's why it's an incomplete now.
没上完第一学期
Couldn't get through the first semester.
你好 你们都好吗?
Hi. How are y'all doing?
嗨 你好吗?
Hello. How are you?
那是我的医生
That's my doctor.
是的 我很好
Yeah, I'm doing okay.
(盖尔·考夫曼博士 戴维森大学教授)
不 不是那种医生
No, not that kind of doctor.
-你能打个招呼吗? -嗨
-Can you say hi? -Hi.
那是队员们
That's the crew.
-佳能 莱利和瑞安 -他上三年级了
-Canon, Riley and Ryan. -He's in third grade.
-不 他… -他们很可爱
-No, he's-- -They are adorable.
-佳能不在三年级…佳能在哪一班? -学前班
-Canon is not in third-- What's Canon in? -Preschool.
是的
Yes.
不过我很高兴能叙叙旧 我知道我们有很多要谈的
I'm glad to catch up though. I know we've got a lot to talk about.
是的 那么 是今年?
Yes. So, is this the year?
希望如此
I hope so.
你打算完成你的学位?
You're going to finish your degree?
你现在想这样做有什么特别原因吗?
Is there a particular reason you wanna do it now?
首先 为了让我的孩子们看到这个过程 现在他们年纪大了点
For one, for my kids to see the process, now that they're a little older
并且知道 这有多重要
and know-- you know, how important this is.
而且 我对球场内外的一切的掌握
But also, I kinda got a gr-- a handle on everything on the court and off the court
比我想象的还要多 所以 我打算 不让机会
more than I think I ever have and so, trying to not let this drift on,
就这样溜走
you know, any longer.
那太好了
Well, that's great.
那么 接下来 你要给我一些写论文的想法
So, next up, you'll be sending me some ideas for writing a thesis.
当然 谢谢 考夫曼博士
Absolutely. Thanks, Dr. Kaufman.
-好的 再见 -回头见
-Okay. See ya. -See you later.
-爸爸 -是
-Daddy. -Yes.
你去学校做什么?
What are you gonna do at school?
哦 我的天哪
Oh, my God.
你不去上学?
You're not going to school?
我现在要去上学了 我现在要像你一样去上学
I am going to school now. I'm going to school like you now.
好的 开始工作吧
All righty, let the work begin.
(戴维森公共图书馆)
女士们 先生们 让我们欢迎
Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome to the floor
你的2006-2007戴维森山猫队!
your 2006-2007 Davidson Wildcats!
(2006年10月13日 “‘猫’之夜”季前赛校园活动)
A 6'8" sophomore forward from Benin City, Nigeria,
来自尼日利亚贝宁城的 203cm 大二前锋
41号♥ 安德鲁·洛夫代尔!
number 41, Andrew Lovedale!
(戴维森)
来自伊利诺伊州巴林顿 的188cm初级后卫
A 6'2'' junior guard from Barrington, Illinois,
2号♥ 杰森·理查兹!
number two, Jason Richards!
来自北卡罗来纳州夏洛特市 身高183cm的一名新生后卫
A 6-foot freshman guard from Charlotte, North Carolina,
30号♥ 斯蒂芬·库里!
number 30, Steph Curry!
这就是2006-2007 戴维森大学篮球队!
Introducing your 2006-2007 Davidson College basketball team!
我们刚失去了一群 全美大学体育协会锦标赛球队的前辈
We had just lost a bunch of seniors that were an NCAA tournament team.
而且 我们校园里有很多新面孔…
And, you know, we had so many new faces on campus
(吉姆·福克斯 戴维森助理教练 '01-'14)
and there was a lot of doubt.
而且有很多疑问
这些家伙要花几年时间才能进入状况
It's gonna take a couple of years for these guys to get going.
我们的团队很年轻 他们想打出成绩
Our team is young. They wanna be great.
我们的团队需要你!
And our team needs you!
他们想打出成绩!谢谢你!
They wanna be great! Thank you!
我们不知道我们会变得多好
We had no idea how good we were gonna be
或变得多么糟糕 我们还没找到感觉
or how bad we were gonna be. We just didn't have a feel for it.
所以 这意味着斯蒂芬·库里 对我们来说必须是全垒打
电影精选列表