And I was very, very young.
四岁 一直到我八岁
I was four years old till I was eight years old.
唱出这种感觉真TM太怪了
And singing about it is fucking weird.
♪ Child, you're a beauty ♪
♪ There's a part I can't tell ♪
♪ About the dark I know well ♪
♪ There's a part I can't tell ♪
♪ About the dark I know well ♪
离开林肯中心之后
After Lincoln Center, we simultaneously
我们突然感觉这会是一部百老汇
had this sense of like, "Yes, we're going to go to Broadway,
这会是一部最伟大的作品
and this is gonna be the best thing ever."
但又意识到“我们在干嘛”
And then like "What are we doing?"
“我觉得吧”
And I thought,"Oh well, you know what?
“我们尽力了,吧?”
We did our best, right?"
除此之外 大西洋剧院公♥司♥的独♥立♥制♥作♥人
Except, Neil Pepe from the Atlantic Theater Company
Neil Pepe 和Ira Pittelman
and Ira Pittelman, who's an independent producer,
当时也在林肯中心
were there that night.
他俩挺喜欢这个项目的
The two of them liked it.
所以在令人难过的那一晚之后
And so out of what was frankly a fairly catastrophic evening
我和Tom迎来一线生机
for me and Tom, came an opportunity.
有了他俩 就齐活了
At that point, we were all systems go.
大西洋剧团公♥司♥一给我们机会
Once we knew the Atlantic was gonna give us a home,
我们就召集来自全国各地
we cast these young people
年轻的演员们
from all across the United States.
Lea当时才十四岁
Lea came in. She was 14.
她有三次 百老汇演出的经历
She had three Broadway shows to her credit.
有惊世的嗓音
She had this astonishing voice,
很难不立马爱上她
and we fell instantly in love with her.
选角还没敲定 她便超努力地练习
But it wasn't like a done deal. So she worked her ass off.
我当时很担心我会做不好
I was so concerned with doing good
会让导演不满意 但我很想要这个角色
and making Michael happy. It's like all I wanted.
Jonathan在参加《音乐之声》的巡演
Jonathan, he had been on a tour of The Sound of Music.
他在我眼里就是一个唱和声的
Jonathan Groff was, to my mind, a chorus boy.
我去参加了初试和复试
I came into the audition and the callbacks
但是是作为主演外卡的最后一名
as the wild card Melchior. I was the last one on the list.
第一次见到Lauren时她脱掉了她的鞋子
When we first met Lauren she took off her shoes
赤脚站立 开口唱歌♥
and stood barefoot and opened her mouth and,
惊艳了所有人
blew us away.
我去参加了演员选拔 贼紧张
I went and auditioned. I was really nervous.
我没有接受过正规的声乐训练
I didn't have any formal vocal training.
我进了复试
I got a final callback,
但我近乎放弃复试
and then I walked out of my final callback
因为我超级害怕上台
because I had such tremendous stage fright.
无论如何我掉头回去了
But I turned back around and I went back up,
我就拿到了角色
and then I got the part.
加入剧组那会我15岁
I was 15 when I was cast in the show.
我白天在学校上课
I was in school during the day,
然后晚上做作业
and then doing homework
往返学校和剧组之间
in between school and the show at night.
这些演员都是些中学生
These kids, they were in high school, you know,
Remi和Gerard在指导他们
Remi and Gerard were tutored while we were doing this.
对于他们大多人来说都是第一次专业性的演出
For a lot of them, it was theirfirst real professional gig.
演员们都很优秀
They were amazing and brilliant.
于是排练开始了
And then we did rehearsals,
我们在大西洋剧院公演
and then we opened at the Atlantic.
这个剧院是个偏僻的漂亮的地方
The Atlantic Theater was this hidden gem.
这里曾是一个教堂
It was a church. And the eeriness of that
那些砖瓦旧墙带来一种怪诞感
and just those old walls and, um, the old brick.
让这家剧院成为一个
There's just something about that space
祝福我们的地方 真的
that I think blessed us, truly.
♪ Touch me ♪
♪ All silent ♪
♪ All silent ♪
♪ Baby, just tell me ♪
♪ Tell me please... ♪
我们就是在这里成为真正的朋友的
That was really where I think we all really became friends,
亲如一家人
and we became a family.
♪ Consume my wine... ♪
就是一大锅荷尔蒙
It was a cauldron of hormones
兴奋和对成功的渴望 大乱炖
and excitement and dreams of success.
和这群靓女靓仔爱一起 这是最酷的事情了
It was like the coolest thing. I was with these cool kids.
我们一起吃晚饭
We were going to dinners together.
一起排练演出
We were doing this show.
就像一个典型的夏令营
It was like this summer camp of all summer camp experiences.
当时还有一些
There was a big...
不知道怎么表达
I don't even know what you'd call it,
一堆床垫 垫子什么的
mattress or pile of cushions or something.
演员们没事就在上面叠罗汉
And they were just all piled on top of each other
♪ Touch me ♪
♪ Oh, oh ♪
♪ Just try it ♪
♪ Just, just try it ♪
♪ Now that's it ♪
♪ Now there that's it ♪
♪ Oh God, that's heaven
Touch me ♪
♪ I'll love your light ♪
♪ Oh, I'll love you right ♪
♪ We'll wander down ♪
♪ Where the sins cry ♪
♪ Touch me ♪
♪ Oh ♪
♪ Just like that ♪
♪ Now lower down
Where the sins cry ♪
♪ Love me ♪
♪ Oh, love me, yeah ♪
♪ Just for a bit ♪
♪ Ooh ♪
♪ We'll wander down ♪
♪ Where the winds sigh ♪
♪ Where the winds sigh... ♪
这是很热烈的
It was very intense.
如果你是第一次看《春醒》的话
If you were able to see Spring Awakening
在剧院里
at the Atlantic Theater,
你会看到很特别的东西
you got to see something very special.
他们会看到的
Of course they will.
你也可以站起来
You could also back up, Lea.
你就一直站着唱
You could back up, back up, back up,
♪ Where the winds sigh
Where the winds sigh ♪
♪ Where the winds sigh ♪
你想坐的话也可以
And you could even sit if you want.
然后那谁 And then, Melchi--
LEA: 等掌声过去 For the applause.
对 坐着等掌声过去
Yes, sit for the applause and then enter.
当我第一次见到Jonathan时我就想着
When I first met Jonathan, I felt like I had to take him
保护他
under my wing.
因为他是乡下男孩而我是城市仔
He was this country mouse, and I was this city mouse.
Jon来自宾夕法尼亚州的兰开斯特的一个农村
Jonathan came from the farm in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
他喷的满头发胶 像水泥一样
He had gel so hard in his hair, it was cement.
这是我最喜欢的位置
This is my favorite spot.
用来思考的秘密基地
My private place for thinking.
不好意思 I'm sorry.
别 请过来 No, no, please.
和Lea一起工作很激动
I was so excited working with Lea.
那么
So...
你最近怎么样——
How have you been doing--
Lea14岁的时候就已经
Lea had done Spring Awakening
在工坊里排《春醒》了
since she was 14 years old, in workshops.
她的表现令人震惊
And her work was astounding.
你能坐会儿吗
Can't you sit for a moment?
当你倚靠着
When you lean back
这颗橡树 凝视云朵
against this oak and stare up at the clouds...
你就会渐渐昏沉
...you start to think hypnotic things.
我必须要在5点之前回去 -但是当你躺下
I have to get back before 5:00. -But when you lie here,
会沉浸在这种新奇 美妙的宁静中的
such a strange, wonderful peace settles over you.
我想帮助Jon
I wanted to help him.
既然我们成为了朋友那就能
I thought, "We'll become friends so that we can, you know,
更好地塑造角色 仅此而已
make our characters believable, and then that'll be that."
♪ Don't feel a thing, you wish ♪
♪ Grasping at pearls
With my fingertips ♪
后来 我不止一次爱上了他
But then I fell in love with him in more ways than one.
♪ Holding her hand
Like some little tease ♪
♪ Haven't you heard
The word of my wanting? ♪
♪ Oh, I'm gonna be wounded ♪
♪ Oh, I'm gonna be your wound ♪
♪ Oh, I'm gonna bruise you... ♪
我们当时还年轻
Lea and I were so young.
还在认识我们自己当中
We were still figuring out who we were.
♪ Oh, you're gonna be
My bruise... ♪
我们表演 并获得成功
We were playing these parts, but we were working shit out
少不了对方
with each other.
♪ Just too unreal, all this ♪
电影精选列表