他们已经一起去度假了
He told you, and you let him?
他告诉你了,你就让他这么做了?
You stupid fool!Do you think I didn't try and stop him?
你这个蠢货!你觉得我没有尝试阻止他吗?
How dare you?You, of all people,
你怎么敢?你,还有其他人
tell me what's right and what's wrong!
来教我什么是对什么是错!
All these years,you've been the fine lady,
这些年来,你一直在做一个闲雅的女士,
-and I've been the lump of dirt. -And whose fault's that?
-而我一直肮脏地累死累活 -那是谁的错呢?
I've never encouraged a son of mine to run after a married woman!
我从来没有鼓励过我的儿子跟一个已婚女人私奔!
And what was I supposed to do?Keep him in chains?
那我应该怎么做?拿根铁链拴着他吗?
You could have done if you'd been so minded.
你本可以这么做如果你真的这么在乎他
You've kept him in chains all his life.
你本来就打算用链子拴着他一辈子
Don't you talk to me about the way I've looked after our sons--
你没有资格对我如何照顾孩子指指点点
you who never did a thing for them but drag them down!
你除了拖累他们就没干过其他事
-Better for 'em if I had. -You had you way with Arthur.
-如果我做了会对他们来说更好 -那你看看你对亚瑟做了什么
What happened to him?
看看他发什么什么?
Arthur died young,but he died a man.
亚瑟英年早逝,但他死得像个男人
-And William, he's had the good sense to escape. -From you!
-还有威廉,他很聪明知道逃跑。 -是逃离你!
-From you with your drunken ways. -No, woman, no!
-逃离你和你的酒疯 -不,女人,不!
You're the one he had to escape from!
你才是他要逃离的那个人
He had to find a life of his own,where you wouldn't smother him
他需要去追求他自己的生活,一种再让他感到窒息的生活
-as you've smothered this one. -Walter!
-因为你已经窒息了这个 -沃尔特!
it's your fault the lad's in this trouble now.
这孩子现在陷入麻烦完全是你的错
It's your fault!Don't try and fix the blame on me!
明明是你的错!别试图把强行责怪我!
Why do you think he's gallivanting 'round with a Nottingham tart?
你觉得他现在为什么在跟一个诺丁汉荡♥妇♥四处闲逛
He's never had the chance to go courtin'
他从来没有求爱的机会
with an ordinary decent girl.
向一个普通且正派的女孩
You put a stop to anything like that.
是你阻止了这样的事情发生
You, with your pride and your jealousy.
是你,你的傲慢和嫉妒
Any lad of spirit can throw off a...a low mannered father.
任何有自己意志的年轻人都能够摆脱一个...一个低俗的父亲
That's not going to hold him up when he grows up.
那是不会阻碍他向上发展的,当他长大了
But a mother, a mother who clings on to him
但是一个母亲,一个粘着他的母亲
and won't let him go for her own selfish sake,
并且由于她自己的私心不放孩子离开
that's enough to ruin his life.
这已经足够毁了他的一生
And that's what you've done to our Paul!
你就是这么对待我们家保罗的
I only wanted him to be happy.
我只是想让他幸福
I feel so simple with you,
跟你在一起我觉得很纯粹
as though there's nothing to hide.
好像没有什么需要隐瞒
you don't feel criminal,do you?
你不觉得有负罪感,对吧?
No.
是的
I was just thinking.
我只是在想
-What? -if only they knew.
-什么 -如果他们知道了
-Who? -everybody.
-谁 -大家
if they knew, they'd cease to understand.
如果他们知道了,他们不会去理解的
What do they matter, anyway?
他们有什么重要的?
-With only us here and these trees. -What trees?
-这里只有我们和这些“树” -什么树?
Nothing matters.These trees--these iron ones.
那没什么大不了的,这些树,这些钢铁做的树
Baxter?
是巴克斯特?
You like your little bit of guiltiness, I think.
你喜欢你有一点点惭愧
I believe Eve must have enjoyed it
我相信夏娃一定很享受它
when she went cowering out of paradise.
当她畏缩着逃离伊甸园
There's Baxter,and there's Miriam.
是巴克斯特,还有米丽亚姆。
Miriam wanted more from me than I could ever give her.
米里亚姆想从我这得到的,比我能给她的更多
She wouldn't leave a single hair of me free
我都不能让我的一根头发丝自♥由♥地
to fall out and blow away.
脱落并被风吹走
She'd insist on keeping it.
她会坚持要保存它
She wanted the soul out of my body.
她控制我的灵魂
So you put a limit on the claims of love?
所以你对爱情设置了限制?
Now you sound like you're back on your platform.
现在你听起来像在支持你的论♥坛♥纲领
And what about you?Did you give Baxter all he wanted?
那你呢?你给了巴克斯特他想要的一切吗?
I gave him every chance.
我给了他一切机会
To get near you,really near you,so you belonged to each other?
去接近你,非常的靠近你,所以你们是属于对方的?
It seems to me you treated Baxter rottenly.
在我看来你对待巴克斯特的态度很恶劣。
You wanted him to be a Lily of the valley,
你希望他是山谷中的一朵铃兰,
and when you found out he wasn't
当你发现他不是
he was a cow parsley, you wouldn't have it.
而是一束牛欧芹,你不想拥有它。
You imagined him something he wasn't which is just like a woman.
你把他想象成某种他不是的人,就像其他女人一样
She thinks she knows what a man needs, and she's going to see that he gets it.
女人认为自己知道一个男人想要什么,而她会看着男人得到它们
He can be starving for what he really needs,
他可能正渴望着他真正需要的东西
and she'll have him sit and whistle for it,
只要她能给予他真正需要的
so long as she's giving him what's good for him.
女人会让他乖乖坐下并看着他吹口哨恳求
And what are you doing?
那你现在在做什么?
I'm waiting to see what tune I shall whistle.
我在想我要吹个什么调的口哨
Do you ever want to marry me?
你想跟我结婚吗?
Do you, me?
你想吗?
Yes, I should like us to have children.
是的,我希望我们能有个孩子
But you don't really want a divorce from Baxter, do you?
但你其实并不想和巴克斯特离婚吧?
-No, I don't think so. -Why?
-不,我不想 -为什么?
I don't know.
我不知道
Do you feel you belong to him?
你觉得你是属于他的吗?
-No. -what, then?
-不 -那是为什么?
I think he belongs to me.
我认为他属于我
Let's take what we've got and be grateful.
让我们享受我们现在所拥有的,并心存感激吧
Don't I exist for you this morning?
今天早上我不是为了你而存在吗?
I shouldn't think you'd need reassurance about that.
我觉得你不需要再保证了
I wonder.
我在想
About me you know very little.About me.
你对我知之甚少
What do you mean?
你的意思是?
I never seem to have all of you.
我似乎从来没有拥有过你的全部
It's as though you were taking someone else.
就好像你在跟别人交往
Who?
跟谁?
Someone just for yourself.
一个一心为你的人
Is it me you want?Or just it?
你想要我?还是只想要我?
Have you ever been loved more than I've loved you?
曾经有人比我更爱你吗?
It isn't the act of loving.
不在于爱这个行为
It's just that you seem incapable of giving yourself.
只是你看起来没有能力付出你自己。
It's as though something were holding you back.
就好像有什么东西阻止了你。
Or somebody.
或者有人阻止了你
Tell me. Who?
告诉我,你觉得是谁?
Didn't Miriam ever tell you?
米丽亚姆没告诉过你吗?
Shut up, Clara.
别说了,克拉拉
Why can't you come out of yourself?
你为什么不能表露你的内心?
-Shut up! -You don't, you know.
-闭嘴! -你从不展露自己
Baxter could.
巴克斯特可以
-Better than me? -Yes.
-比我好? -是的
You begin to value Baxter,now you haven't got him.
你现在没有拥有巴克斯特,你就开始重视他了
I'm only noticing that he was different from you.
我只注意到他和你不同。
Better, you said!
比我好,你说的是!
So. I'm not saying
但我的意思不是
that you haven't given me more than Baxter ever has.
你没有给我比他更多的东西
Or could ever give you.
或者本来可以给你的
Perhaps.
也许
But when I had Baxter,
但当我拥有巴克斯特时
actually had him.
真的拥有他时
I had all of him.
我拥有了他的全部
But you've never given me yourself.
但你从来没有给过我你的全部
When I start making love to you,
当我开始跟你做♥爱♥时
I just go like a leaf down the wind.
我只是像随风飘落的树叶
And leave me out of it.
而我像局外人
Then it doesn't mean anything to you.
那它对你来说不意味着任何事
Of course it means something.
当然它意味着什么
Sometimes you've carried me away...
有时你把我带走了...
Right away.
马上
-But... -don't "but" me!
-但... -别说“但是”
-Good night. -Good night.
-晚安 -晚安
Morel! You gonna fight?Or take it lying down?
莫雷尔,你想要打一架?还是被我打?
Let me pass.
让我过去
Mother!
妈妈!
I'm up here.
我在这儿
Mother, are you ill?
妈妈,你病了吗?
I'm giving myself a bit of a treat.
我只是犒劳一下自己
Paul, what have you done to your face?
电影精选列表