I remembered how much you like coconuts.
我记得你有多喜欢椰子
Where did you get that idea?
你从哪里得到这个想法的?
That time at the goose fair, when we was courtin'.
在鹅市那次,当我们谈恋爱的时候
Hmm. You said if I didn't win thee a coconut, you wouldn't marry me.
你说如果我不能为你赢一个椰子,你就不会跟我结婚
That was a long time ago, Walter.
那是很久以前的事了,沃尔特
Hmm. Always taking the curl out of me, you were.
你总是杀我的锐气
It didn't seem to make much difference.
看起来没什么影响
Well, I'm uncurled now, aren't I?
是吗?我现在都没脾气了
You can be proud of yourself for that.
你一定觉得挺骄傲吧
There you are. Best get upstairs and sleep it off.
给你,最好睡一觉把这些都忘了
Can't even have a pint of beer after a hard day's work
辛苦工作一天后连一品脱的啤酒都喝不到
but I have to be told I'm drunk.
但我必须被告知我喝醉了
And so you are, most nights.
你本来就如此,大部分晚上
It's got so I almost dread you coming home.
已经到了我害怕你回家的程度
Right. Well, you said it.
对,行了吧,你说出来了
-There's only one answer to that. -Go on to bed.
-你只会这么说 -去睡觉吧
And to think I spent fourpence trying to please thee.
想想我花了四便士试图取悦你
Mucky little hussy!
臭丫头片子
-Hello, mum. -Hello, son.
-哈喽,妈妈 -你好,儿子
Have you had anything to eat?
你吃饭了吗?
Yes, mother. I had supper with Miriam.
吃了,妈妈,和米丽亚姆一起吃晚饭
Oh.
哦
Mother, why don't you like her?
妈妈,你为什么不喜欢她呢?
Oh, I've tried, Paul.
噢,我努力去喜欢了,保罗
I-- I feel she wants to...Shut me out.
我感觉她想要把我拒之门外
-She'd leave me no room. -I wouldn't let any girl do that.
-她不给我任何机会 -我不会让任何女孩这样对你
She's no ordinary girl, Paul. With Miriam Leivers, I feel...
她不是一个正常的女孩,保罗,跟米里亚姆·莱弗斯在一起,我觉得...
She wants all of you all of the time.
她想要独占你
She'd leave nothing for anyone else, not even yourself.
她什么空间都不留,甚至是你自己的空间
Oh, you are exaggerating. I know she's a bit intense.
噢,你太夸张了,她只是有点紧张
You'll not be seeing me again.
你不会再见到我了
You'll be wanting your boots, then.
你会想带上你的靴子的
-What does he mean? He's running away. He's run away before.
-他什么意思? -他逃走了,他之前也逃走过
Once, when you were very small, he even got past the local pub.
在你还小的时候,他有一次甚至在酒吧过夜
Gertrude. Gertrude morel.
格特鲁德, 格特鲁德·莫雷尔
-There's a contraption outside. -A contraption?
-外面有台机器 -一台机器?
Aye, a motorcar.It's stopped outside your front door.
啊,一台汽车,就停在你们前门
-Oh. -good day to you, madam.
-噢 -祝您愉快,夫人
This wizen-hearted old stick
我是那个没品的老头
would like to see Mr. Paul morel.
我想见见保罗·莫雷尔先生
I do beg your pardon.
我很抱歉
I should think so indeed.Is he at home?
我确实应该这么认为。他在家吗?
Well, he's out at present,
他现在出去了
collecting his father's wages,
帮他父亲领工资
but he won't be long. Will you come inside?
但不会太久,你愿意进来等等吗?
I'm Mr. Hadlock. Henry Hadlock.
我是哈德洛克先生。亨利·哈德洛克
Uh, this is the way. The kettle's on the boil.
来这等吧,水已经烧开了
-I'll make you a cup of tea. -Thank you.
-我给您泡杯茶 -谢谢
Come away from there. You'll make it explode.
离远点,小心它爆♥炸♥
-What's this? -It's a contraption.
-这是什么? -一台机器
There's a man inside come to see you.
里面有个男人想见你
Very grand from the gentry.
非常上流的绅士
I've not been down a mine myself, naturally.
我自己从没下过矿井,很显然
But I could see at once the truth in your son's--
但我能理解你儿子画中的内涵
Paul. Paul, this is Mr. Henry Hadlock from Nottingham.
保罗,保罗,这是来自诺丁汉的亨利·哈德洛克先生
He did like your picture. He's bought it.
他很喜欢你的画,他买♥♥了下来
He says you're going to be a very fine painter.
他说你会成为很棒的画家
-Do you mean that, sir? -My dear boy, I didn't motor all this way down
-先生,你真的这么认为吗? -好孩子,不然我也不会大老远跑来
in order to fill my lungs with coal dust.
就为了让煤灰填满我的肺
Would you like to go to London?
你愿意去伦敦学习吗?
London?
伦敦?
Oh, don't tell me you've never heard of it.
噢,别说你们从没听说过
It's south of Nottingham and a good deal larger.
它位于诺丁汉以南,而且要大得多
Yes, sir. I know.
是的,先生,我知道那
Go to some big art school there,
在那里一些大的艺术学校学习
and after two or three years,
两三年后
well, you might show signs of producing something worthwhile.
你可能就能画出真正有价值的画作
-But I haven't got the money for that. -He's very slow, isn't he?
-但我没有钱 -他反应真迟钝,不是吗?
The only reason I'm here is that I like to help young artists.
我来这的唯一原因就是我喜欢资助年轻的艺术家
And if the gamble comes off, to help myself too.
如果押中宝了,对我自己也有帮助
I'm not a charitable institution.
我不是慈善家
I shall expect to get my return on you.
我会期待你报答我的
W-well-- I-- I don't know what to say.
我不知怎么回答
Might I suggest the choice of one of two words,
我猜可能就两种答案
both quite easy to pronounce?
都非常容易发音
Yes or no?
好或不好
Oh, it's a great chance, isn't it, mother?
哦,这是一个很好的机会,不是吗,妈妈?
Oh, good gracious. Haven't you got a mind of your own?
哦,天哪,你没有自己的想法吗?
When would he have to leave?
他什么时候必须离开?
As soon as possible.No more shilly-shallying.
越早越好,不要再犹豫
This is my husband. Walter, this is Mr. Henry Hadlock.
这是我丈夫。沃尔特,这是亨利·哈德洛克先生。
How do? Oh, shovel dirt.
你好?噢,太脏了
Now I see the original.
现在我见到原型了
You've got it very well, the inarticulate primitive.
你画出了精髓,不善言辞的原始人
-The what? -Mr. Hadlock's bought the picture I did of you.
-什么人? -哈德洛克先生买♥♥下了我给你画的画像
What, he wants a picture of me on his wall?
什么,他想把我的画像挂在他墙上?
How much did he pay?
他付了多少钱?
I-- I forgot to ask.
我忘了问了
-Twenty pounds. -Twenty pound?
-二十磅 -二十磅?
I'd work two months without seeing the light of day
我整整一个月不见天日得干
and not earn that.
都赚不了那么多
-See here, Mr. haddock -Hadlock.
-看这里,黑线鳕先生 -是哈德洛克先生
It's me you're buying in that picture.
我就是你买♥♥的画中人
Here's the real thing.Twenty pounds' worth of sweat here.
这是真实的情况,二十磅,二十磅在这是血汗钱
-Go on, feel it. -Walter!
-来啊,感受一下 -沃尔特!
Thank you. I have already captured the atmosphere.
谢谢,我已经感受到那种气氛了
Come and see me tomorrow. We'll make our plans.
明天来见我,我们做个计划
-Thank you, sir. -4:00 will do.Don't you dare to let me down.
-谢谢你,先生 -明天下午四点前都在,别让我失望了
-He won't. -I must go.I've got quite a long journey.
-他不会的 -我必须走了,我有很长的路要走
Why must you act like that?
你为什么你一定要表现成那样
I'm not loved here 'cause I'm low,
我在这里不受欢迎,因为我很低俗
so I act low.
所以我表现得也低俗
-Isn't it wonderful? -Yes, it is. I must go tell Miriam.
-是不是很棒? -是的,我必须去告诉米丽亚姆
What are you trying to catch, Hubert?
休伯特,你在抓什么?
Grasshopper.I've caught it.I've caught it.
蚱蜢 ,我抓到了!我抓到了!
It's gone.
跑了
Oh, I love you, I love you.
噢,我爱你,我爱你
Don't, Miriam!Don't, Miriam!
别这样,米丽亚姆!别这样,米丽亚姆!
-Let me go! -Show me you love me.
-放开我 -向我表现你的爱
Let him go, Miriam.
放开他,米丽亚姆
You want to keep smothering the child all the time for?
你想一直抱着他让他窒息吗?
Oh, mother.Is it so wrong for me
噢,妈妈,我这样不对吗?
to love my own little brother?
我爱自己的弟弟
Love is a thing of the spirit. We have it inside us.
爱是一种精神的东西,它存在于我们心里
We don't have to show it with our arms and lips.
我们不需要用拥抱和亲吻来展示
Come on, Hubert. It's time to wash for tea.
来吧,休伯特。是时候洗漱喝茶了
Shall I keep you here or let you go? Huh?
我要把你留在这还是让你走?
-Let me go. -You want to go? You sure?
-放我走 -你想走吗?
-You want to go far away. -Stop it.
-你想走啊 -停下来
-Look how you come back to me. -Don't. No higher.
-看看你是怎么回到我身边的 -别,不要更高了
-That's not a bit high, silly. -No higher.
-这一点也不高,傻瓜 -不要更高了
-You want to go higher? -Let me down.
-你想要更高? -放我下来
It's a treat of a swing.
就是这种感觉
I'm goin' to the top of the world.
我要到世界之巅了
You comin' with me? No?
你跟我一起吗?不?
-What you gonna do without me? -You'll be back.
-没有我你要怎么办? -你会回来的
Are you sure?
你确定?
Paul?
保罗?
Paul? Paul, where are you?
保罗?保罗,你在哪?
Paul, whe-- where did you get all this money?
保罗,你从哪得来这么多钱?
电影精选列表