My mother, in her way, she made me what I am.
我的母亲,以她的方式,让我成为现在的我
I wanted so much to love you.
我非常想爱你
Shall we see each other again?
我们会再见面吗?
-No. -never?
-不会 -永远?
Not for a while.
一段时间
Not until you...Feel free.
直到你感受到了自♥由♥
And you? Will you ever be allowed to feel free?
那你呢?你有被允许自♥由♥过吗?
I could hate you for making me love you,
我可以恨你让我爱上你
making me fail you.
恨你让我辜负你
* so she said to me, Charlie, if you're one of the crew *
所以她对我说,查理,如果您是船员之一
* I reckon you're entitled to see my tattoo *
我认为你有权利看我的纹身
* and that's why I went sailing down that trip to Peru *
这就是我去航海至秘鲁的原因
* on the night me old lady left town *
在我的母亲离开小镇是那个晚上
* on the night me old lady left town *
在我的母亲离开小镇的那个晚上
good, sir.
唱的好
Come on, will. Give us one of your recitations.
来吧,威廉,给我们表演一首朗诵
-Oh, no. -Come on, will.
-噢,不 -来吧,威廉
I've forgotten all that. That nice one--Robert Browning.
已经忘记得差不多了,那个不错的——罗伯特·勃朗宁.
-A bit of Browning. -Come on. -All right, then.
-读一小段勃朗宁 -快点。 -那好吧。
-In deference to popular request. -Silence now, for our will.
-既然盛情难却 -现在都安静,为了我们的威廉
Uh, let's see, uh, yes.That's it. Right.
我想想,好,准备好
Uh, "home thoughts from the sea", by Robert Browning.
《海外乡愁》 罗伯特·勃朗宁
Nobly, nobly, cape St. Vincent to the--
高贵的,高贵的,圣文森特角至——
This one isn't supposed to be funny, dear.
这不是在搞怪,亲爱的
Oh, will, I'm sorry. But I used to do it at school once.
噢,威廉,对不起,但我我有一次也在学校念过
And I used to say knobbly, knobbly!
但我念成了,多痘的,多痘的!
I think we'd better put it to poltroon.
我觉得我们还是别念了
Where's that elderberry wine?
接骨木果酒在哪里?
here you are, Louisa.
给你,路易莎
Let's drink to our love and happiness.
为我们的爱与幸福干杯
conscience is an ugly word
良心是一个丑陋的词
to those who deny freedom!
对于那些否认自♥由♥的人!
But freedom is what we must have!
但自♥由♥是我们必须拥有的!
There are some who say
有一些人说
if we give women their freedom, they will cease to be women.
如果我们给予女性自♥由♥,她们将不再是女性。
Don't believe it.
别相信
My friends, just because women are taken out of the prison of their home
我的朋友们,只是因为女性被带出了她们监狱般的家
and allowed to take their rightful place in the world,
并得到她们在世界上应有的地位
why should that deprive them of the beauty and grace
为什么要剥夺她们的美丽和优雅
and charm of womanhood?
和女性魅力?
My friends, we will keep house for men--
我的朋友们,我们会为男人照顾家庭——
We will bear their children,
我们将为他们生孩子
but not as slaves,
但不是像奴隶一样
but as is our right, and we'll fight for it!
但我们能够选择,我们也会为之斗争!
Any questions?
有问题吗?
Why aren't you in church?
你为什么不去教堂?
I could ask you the same question.
我可以问你同样的问题
We went this morning.
我们今天早上去了。
Was there a sermon saying
训诫不是说
women like us won't go to heaven?
像我们这样的女人是不配去天堂吗?
Very good, Clara.
非常好,克拉拉
I have a question.
我有一个问题
Fire.
请讲
Are you a free lover?
你们是自♥由♥恋爱主义者吗?
Yes. We want the four freedoms--
是的,我们追求四种自♥由♥
speech, thought, opportunity, love.
言论自♥由♥、思想自♥由♥、机会自♥由♥和恋爱自♥由♥
Hear! Hear!
听啊!听啊!
I am not a free lover!
我可不是自♥由♥恋爱主义者!
The branch office of our movement has never recommended it.
我们运动的分部从来没有提倡过
The point of view you have just heard
你们刚刚听到的观点
is strictly personal.
是非常个人的
That will be all for today.
今天到此结束
I hope I haven't given you the wrong impression.
我希望我没给你留下错误的印象
Free love is not the basis of our movement.
自♥由♥恋爱不是我们运动的纲领
If you'll read a leaflet--
如果你读了传♥单♥
I've got one already.
我已经有一张了
-You're not an easy subject. - So I've been told.
-你不是一个简单的人物 -我听说了
Well?
那么?
You've made me too beautiful.
你把我画得太美了
No, you are beautiful.
不,你本来就很美啊
That's the only important thing about me, I suppose?
这可能是我身上唯一重要的东西,对吗?
-Coming, Clara? -Yes.
-走吧,克拉拉? -好的
I've asked Mrs. Dawes to take a walk with me.
我邀请道斯太太同我一起散步
That is, if the branch office approves.
如果贵分部允许的话
Next time, I'll answer the questions.
下次由我来回答问题
Why did you say I was going a walk with you?
你为什么说我要跟你散步
Well, if you don't want to, why didn't you go off with them?
如果你不想,你为什么不跟她们离开呢?
shall we? Along the canal.It's just like Venice.
可以吗?沿着运河,这里就像威尼斯
That man with Betty--I've seen him at Jordan's.
那个和贝蒂在一起的男人,我在乔丹公♥司♥见过
You've heard the girls talk. He's my husband.
你听到那些女孩聊了,他是我丈夫
No, I've only heard that you made an unhappy marriage.
不,我只听说你有一段不幸福的婚姻
We've been separated for two years.
我们已经分开两年了
When you married him, were you in love?
你跟他结婚的时候,你爱他吗?
Do you still care for him?
你还在意他吗?
I despise him.
我鄙视他
And that's why you left him?
你是因为这个离开他的?
I left him because he was unfaithful.
我离开他,因为他不忠
Why do you walk so quickly?
你为什么走这么快?
You'll catch up with me if you're interested.
如果你有兴趣的话,你会追上我的
Are you, Mr. morel?
你感兴趣吗,莫雷尔先生?
I think so, Mrs. Dawes.
我感兴趣,道斯夫人
What are you thinking?
你在想什么
I'm thinking how lovely the snowdrops look.
我在想这雪花莲看起来真可爱
-Don't pick them. -Why not?
-别摘 -为什么?
They look better growing. They want to be left.
它们自然生长的时候更美,它们想要留下
I like them, and I want them.
我喜欢它们,所以我拥有它们
So you take what you want,
所以你想要什么就拿什么
and when you're tired of it you throw it away?
然后等你厌倦了,你就把它们丢开吗?
What do you mean by that?
你是什么意思?
Miriam Leivers.
米里亚姆·莱弗斯
The girls at Jordan's know everything.
乔丹公♥司♥的女孩们知道一切
Do you think badly of me?
你认为我很坏吗?
Why should I care?
我为什么要关心呢?
They're so cold.
它们好凉
It's the snow on them.
是上面的雪
But if you hold snow in your hand for a little, it melts.
但当你把一些雪握在手上,它们会融化
-Mmm? -hmm?
-妈妈? -嗯?
Well, th-this is a nice time to come home.
现在真是回家的好时机
-Is father home? -Upstairs and snoring.
-爸爸到家了吗? -在楼上打鼾
-That's where you ought to be. -Have you had... Anything to eat?
-你现在也应该躺在那儿睡觉了 -你吃晚饭了吗?
I had tea in Nottingham with Clara Dawes... From Jordan's.
我在诺丁汉与克拉拉·道斯喝过茶了,乔丹工厂的
Clara Dawes. Now you've mentioned Clara Daw--
克拉拉·道斯,现在你又提到克拉拉·道...
she's a married woman.
她是个已婚女人
-She's separated. -That won't stop people talking.
-他们分居了 -那不会阻止人们说闲话的
She's a suffragette. She gets up on platforms
她是一名妇女参政论者。她在论♥坛♥发言
and tells all those hypocrites what she thinks of them.
并告诉所有那些伪君子她对他们的看法
So they talk anyway.
所以他们无论如何都会说闲话的
She's awfully nice, mother.
她真是太好了,妈妈
She-- she's proud. Not a bit cold, like you'd think at first.
她很骄傲,不是你认为的那样冷若冰霜
Paul, you're not getting serious about her?
保罗,你对她不是认真的吧?
I don't know.
我不清楚
I've asked her out next week.
我已约她下周出去
It couldn't ever come to anything, son.
不会有什么结果的,儿子
You know it couldn't.
你知道这是不可能的
I wonder if anything ever will.
我想知道是否有什么事情会发生
You've missed your last train.
你错过了你的末班车
I know.
我知道
You'd better stay the night. I'll sleep with mother.
你最好留下过夜,我去跟我母亲一起睡
What will she say?
她会是什么反应
She's probably gone to bed. She won't mind.
她可能已经睡了,她不会介意的
电影精选列表