Well, William, how is the job?
好了,威廉,工作怎么样?
Well, I like London, mother.
嗯,我喜欢伦敦,妈妈
You can, uh, have a lot of fun there.
我可以,呃,在那里有很多乐趣
That wasn't what I asked, son.
我问的不是那个,儿子
Oh, the job's all right.
哦,工作没问题
I hope you're getting your sleep.
我希望你好好睡觉
You can't go working in that shop all day
你不能白天在店里工作
and gallivanting all night.
还要整晚嬉戏
The human frame won't stand it.
身体会吃不消的
I'll try, mother.
我会的,妈妈
Well, Paul, when do you start work at Jordan's?
保罗,你什么时候开始在乔丹那儿工作?
Next week,but I've been thinking.
下周,但我还在考虑
It won't pay much,
工资不高
and now with Arthur... gone,
现在亚瑟还去世了
-I think I should go down the mine. -You haven't seen enough today?
-我觉得我应该下矿井 -你今天还没看够吗?
it won't be forever,
不会是永远
just till we get back on our feet.
直到我们家能重新振作
We'll manage.
我们能行
I don't want you wasting yourself
我不想你糟蹋自己
instead of finding a place in the world.
而不是找份正经的工作
Is Jordan's a place in the world?
乔丹的工厂就正经吗?
Making out orders for elastic stockings and women's corsets?
给弹力袜和女士束腰定制订单?
It's better than coal dust and drink. You prefer that?
总比跟煤灰煤水作伴好,你更想那样吗?
William, tell him.
威廉,告诉他
Tell him how you felt when the letter came,saying you'd got the job.
告诉他你收到聘书是什么心情,告诉他你更愿意接受那份工作
Tell him.
告诉他
I'd have worked for a shilling a week, and slept by the river because--
我愿意每周一先令的工作,以及睡在河边是因为...
-because it was a start. -I'd escaped.
-因为那只是一个开始 -我更愿离开
Stick to what you are, son.
儿子,坚持做自己
-Don't let yourself be dragged down. -That will do!
-别自己拖累自己 -他那样做就会!
So he'll be dragged down, will he?
所以他会被拖累,是吗?
What's good enough for me isn't good enough for him?
对我足够好的工作对他就不好了?
My father sent me down the pit when I was 12.
我爸在我12岁的时候就把我送下矿井了
And you sent Arthur!
然后你送了亚瑟下去!
He wanted it. You'll not hold that against me.
他想要去,你不能以此责备我
You've no right to set your sons against their father.
你不能让你的儿子跟他们的父亲作对
When a man tries hard for his family, he wants a bit of respect, a bit of gratitude.
一个男为了家人卖♥♥命时,他想要一点尊重,一点感激
You treat me like a dog. You lot think you're so fine
你像条狗一样地对待我,你以为你自己很体面
because you won't get dirt in your hands and coal on your faces!
因为你不会满手污泥,满脸煤灰
What's so fine about sitting on a stool six days a week
一星期六天都坐在凳子上有什么好?
and having a few shillings left to buy a new seat for your britches?
赚了钱还要留点再买♥♥一个新凳子
And what do you do with all the money you've got left?
那你剩的钱又能干什么?
The same as I'm gonna do now.
用来干我现在要干的
I'll see you again when I see you.
我下次再来见你时你会见到我
And it'll be before I want to.
那也是我想再见你之前
Nottingham, Melton Mowbray,
诺丁汉,梅尔顿莫布雷
Kettering, London train!
凯特林到伦敦的火车!
Well, son, I hope you'll come back to a happier house at Christmas.
好了,儿子,希望你下次回到一个更幸福的家过圣诞节
Mother, it didn't seem right to tell you this after, well, after Arthur, but--
妈妈,可能不太合适...在亚瑟去世之后就告诉你,但
I've met a wonderful girl, mother. I'm going to get married.
我遇到一个很棒的女孩,妈妈,我要结婚了
- Who is she? - Her name is Louisa Lily Isobel western.
-她是谁? -她的名字叫路易莎·莉莉·伊泽贝尔·韦斯特
All the men have been running after her, but I'm the one she's picked.
有很多人追她,但她选择了我
I hope that's not why you went chasing her, because all the others were running.
我希望那不是你追她的原因,仅仅因为有很多人追她
Here.
你看
Why, she's got a naked bust.
为什么,她有一张赤♥裸♥半身照
You sound like Miriam's mother. She's got beautiful shoulders.
你听起来像米里亚姆的母亲,她有双美丽的肩膀
I didn't expect to see so much of them at the first view.
我可不想第一面就看到这么多
Wait till you meet her, mother. You won't blame me then.
等你亲眼见到她时,妈妈,你就不会怪我了
You should see all the eyes when I walk down Piccadilly with her.
你应该看看我跟她一起走在皮卡迪利大街时那些人的目光
Well, no wonder, if that's all she wears. Good-bye, love. Take care of yourself.
那也不奇怪,如果她穿成这样出门的话,再见,亲爱的,照顾好自己
-And don't forget to get your proper rest. -Bye-bye, mother.
-别忘了适当休息 -妈妈,再见
-Good-bye, will. -Good-bye.
-再见,威尔 -再见
-Oh. The photograph! What?
-噢,照片! -什么?
-The photograph! -Oh!
-照片 -噢!
Spending all his money on a dressed-up creature.
把他的钱都花在了一个精心打扮的生物身上
No, the creature's naked, mother.
不,这生物没穿衣服,妈妈
It's strange to think...She means more to him now than his own mother.
很奇怪...看起来她对他来说比他妈妈还重要
-Oh, what nonsense you talk. -It's true.
-噢,胡说什么? -这是事实
Oh, I know it's silly, but that's the way mothers are.
哦,我知道这很蠢,但妈妈都是这样的
Well, I shan't get married as long as I've got you.
那么,只要我还有你我就不会结婚
I'll get rich with my painting, and we'll see the world together.
我会靠我的画变富有,到时候我们一起去看世界
And for a start, I'm going to take you for a special treat to Nottingham.
作为开始,我现在要带你去诺丁汉享受一次特别款待
Now, Paul, you know we can't afford treats.
现在,保罗,你知道我们付不起款待的
Well, this is a treat we can afford. It's a surprise.
它是一次能付得起的款待,它是一个惊喜
Why, there's Miriam.
为什么,米丽亚姆在那儿
-Did you invite her here? -Yes.
-你邀请她到这来的吗? -是的
It's a wonder her mother allows it.
她母亲能同意真是个奇迹
She ought to be helping up at the farm instead of wandering about down here.
她应该在农场帮忙而不是在这闲逛
Poor Miriam. I want you to look at this picture she's looking at.
可怜的米丽亚姆。我想让你看看她正在看的那幅画
Hello, Mrs. morel.
您好,莫雷尔夫人
Oh, Paul.
噢,保罗
-Well? -yes.
-怎么? -是的
You've got the way he looks now.
你画出了他现在的样子
I wish you'd seen him as he was.
我希望你能见到他曾经的模样
It's wonderful, Paul. Wonderful. Don't you think so, Mrs. morel?
它真棒,保罗,真精彩,你不这样认为吗,莫雷尔夫人?
It's the best thing here.
它是这里最好的画
Come away a minute. Come over here.
在远处待一会,来这儿
I want to watch them look at it.
我想看看他们的反应
-They don't like it. -It's too good for them.
-他们不喜欢 -对他们来说太艺术了
Don't be so touchy, son.
别那么敏感,儿子
Watch this one.
看看这位
-He can tell. -What?
-他能看出来 -什么?
I've had no training.
我没接受过训练
I wish I hadn't sent it in. I've got a good mind to take it down.
我希望我没把它送进来,我想把它拿下来
That wizen-hearted old stick!
那个没品的老头
What does he know about pictures?
他懂什么画
Look.
看
-It's good. -It's excellent.
-不错 -很出彩
Well, they like it.
好的,他们喜欢
Aren't you going to tell me what a fine fellow I am?
你不打算告诉我我有多棒吗?
why don't you praise me to the skies?
怎么还不把我夸到天上去呢?
Because I'll have the trouble of dragging you down.
因为我忙着把你撂倒
Wait. I'll catch up to you.
稍等,我等下会追上你们
He's not certain of himself.
他不够相信自己
He wants someone to urge him on.
他想要有人督促他
I'd like him to fall in love with the right girl.
我希望他能跟正确的女孩相爱
-Someone strong. -Stronger than you?
-一个坚强的人 -比您坚强的?
If she was really right for him, she would be stronger than me.
如果那女孩对他来说的正确的,那她应该要比我坚强
Come on.
走吧
Waiting up for me, lass?
在等我吗,小姑娘?
I've been giving them a hand at the pub, washing out the glasses.
我在酒吧帮忙,洗那些杯子
They chose the right one for the job.
那他们确实找对人了
Two hours, no stopping. What do you think Fred gives me?
两个小时,不停歇,你觉得弗雷德怎么回报我的?
Nothing but a lousy half-crown.
就给了区区半克朗
I expect he thought you made the rest up in beer.
我觉得他认为剩下的你用啤酒补足了
That I haven't.I've been to the fair.
我可没有,我去了集市
Uh, who might this be?
这是谁?
That's the young lady our William's walking out with.
那是我们家威廉正在约会的女孩
Her name's Louisa Lily Isobel western.
她的名字叫路易莎·莉莉·伊莎贝尔·韦斯特.
Ha. Come again tomorrow.
哈,明天会回来
She looks a bright spark, she does.
她看起来闪闪发光
-Is she an actress? -She is not.
-她是演员吗? -不是
She's supposed to be a lady.
她是一位淑女
And no clothes to show for it.
不♥穿♥衣服的淑女
-Lads would like to have her down the pits. -Walter!
-矿井里小伙子们会很欢迎她的 -沃尔特!
Oh. I brought thee a coconut, lass.
哦。我给你带了一个椰子,小姑娘
-How much did you pay for that? -Nowt, I won it at the fair.
-花了多少钱? -没花钱,在集市上赢的
They let you shy for it for free, did they?
你都不好意思说它是免费的,对吗?
Ah, thou never said thank you for anything in thy life.
啊,你永远不对生活中的任何事说谢谢
if thou must know, I spent fourpence on it.
如果你一定想知道,我花了四便士
电影精选列表