保罗,你的脸怎么了?
-I-- I just had a fall off my bicycle. -Oh.
-我...我骑自行车摔了一跤 -噢
I've never known you to be in bed at this time. It's early. Tell me the truth.
我知道你不会在这个点上♥床♥睡觉的,对你来说太早了,告诉我发生了什么?
I'm a bit tired, that's all.I've been to Nottingham.
我有点累了而已,我去了诺丁汉一趟
To Nottingham.All by yourself?
去诺丁汉?你一个人吗?
Well, when you're my age,
好吧,当你到了我这个年纪的时候
it's just as well to see a doctor once in a while.
偶尔去看看医生会比较好
Paul, you have hurt yourself. -Oh, mother, it's--it's nothing.
-保罗,你弄伤你自己了 -噢,妈妈,没事
-Uh, what did the doctor say? -I've got to take things quietly.
-医生怎么说? -我需要静养
And he's given me a bottle of medicine.
他还给了我一瓶药
Have, uh, you been happy, son?
你过得快乐吗,儿子?
-Yes, mother. -Well, you'll be wanting your supper.
-我很快乐 ,妈妈 -好吧,你会想吃晚饭的
Oh, don't you dare move.I can look after myself.
噢,你不要动,我能照顾好我自己
-Have you eaten tonight? -I've had all I want.
-你晚上有吃饭吗? -我吃了所有我想吃的
Now, there's some eggsin the larder
现在,储藏室里有一些鸡蛋
I'll find something.
我会找到点吃的
Now are-- you are telling me the truth?
现在...你打算告诉我发生了吗?
There's nothing else to tell.
真的没什么事
Now, go and wash that face before it gets septic.
快去把脸清洗一下,以免化脓了
Don't you worry about me.
不要担心我了
-More tea? -No.
-还要茶吗? -不了
-Miss Dawes. -Mmm?
-道斯小姐 -什么?
-There's a message for you. -Oh, thank you.
-有人来给你传口信 -噢,谢谢
Mrs. Dawes.
道斯夫人
It's Baxter.He's been hurt.
是巴克斯特,他受伤了。
I must go to him.
我必须去找他
He's alone. There's no one to look after him.
他独自一人,没有人照顾他
Wait.
等等
Goodbye, Clara.
再见,克拉拉
Paul.
保罗
It is Baxter, isn't it? All the time.
你爱的一直是巴克斯特,是不是? 一直以来
Yes. You see how weak I am?
是的,你知道多软弱了吧?
I need to be loved too.
我也需要被爱
No, Paul.
不,保罗
Let's say good bye,before we start accusing each other
让我们在相互指责之前说再见吧
and losing everything we've ever had.
失去我们曾拥有的一切
We'll never lose it.We've paid for it.
我们永远不会失去的,我们已经付出了代价
I beg your pardon, I'm sure.
打扰了,应该?
Betty,I have to go out now.
贝蒂,我现在要出门
Please take charge.
麻烦帮我负责一下
It'll be a pleasure.
我很乐意
Oh, have I come to the wrong house?
妈呀,我走错门了吗
Your wife's poorly.She's had another of them turns.
你老婆不太舒服,她又复发了
Oh? Fainting fit?
噢?昏厥?
I reckon it's worse than that.The doctor's up there now.
我觉得比那更糟,医生就在那儿
Is that for me?
是给我的吗?
Yes. She was anxious about your tea.
是的,她很操心你的晚饭
I like my potatoes cut up.
我想吃切碎的土豆
You'll take 'em as you get 'em.
你会吃到的
here he comes now.
他现在来了
-Good evening, morel. -Is she bad?
-晚上好,莫雷尔。 -她情况很糟糕吗?
I'm afraid it's rather serious.Heart attack, you know.
恐怕事情比较严重,心脏病发作,你懂的
May have another.We've got to keep her very quiet.
可能会再次发作,必须让她保持平静
I'd best go up.Can you stay the night with her?
我最好上楼去,你能整晚陪着她吗?
I'll go and get my man his tea when the boy comes home,
我的孩子到家时,我要给他们做晚饭
and I'll be right back.
然后我就马上回来
Any change, send the lad for me at once.
如果有任何情况,让你的孩子立即来找我
It'll be touch and go if she has another attack.
如果她再次发作,可能会要了她的命
Well, you're a fine one.
你看起来气色不错
How do I find thee, lass?
我猜对了吗,小姑娘?
I'm middling.Just middling.
我就是还行,一般
Is she looking after you all right?
她整晚都在照顾你吗?
Aye.
是的
She don't cut up the potatoes!
她没有切碎那些土豆!
You'll have to make allowances.
你必须做出一些让步
Aye.
好
Is that Paul home? He'll be coming up.
是保罗到家了?他会过来这的
Lass, I've--I've said some hard things in my time.
小姑娘,我过去说了些难听的的话
I-I didn't mean 'em, you know that.
我不是有意的,希望你谅解
We don't want to think about those things now.
我们现在不需要去烦心那些事
Mother. now, now, don't fret.
妈妈,现在,现在你不要担心
-Why didn't you tell me? -Tell you what?
-你为什么不告诉我? -告诉你什么?
About these attacks. I met doctor ansell outside.
你的心脏病,我在外面遇见了安塞尔医生
Oh, my pigeon, why didn't you tell me?
噢,我的小鸽子,你为什么不愿告诉我呢?
There's no sense in fussing.
大惊小怪是没有意义
We're going to get you better.
我们会把你照顾好的
Father and I can look after ourselves.
爸爸和我也能照顾好自己
And we'll see that you get a nice long rest.
你也能够好好休息一下
The cold weather will soon be over,
寒冬很快就会过去
once we have the spring sunshine.
一旦春日暖阳到来
I wish it was spring now.
我多希望现在就是春天
I'd like to see the daffodils.
我想看到水仙花盛开
Oh, you shall. I promise you.
噢,你会的,我向你保证
You-- you go, son.
你...你走吧,儿子
-I'd like to get some sleep. -Yes. You sleep.
-我想睡一会 -好的,你睡吧
-Paul. -yes, mother?
-保罗 -怎么了,妈妈
I don't want your father to see me anymore.
我不想你父亲再来看望我了
I want to think of the happy times
我想去回忆那些幸福的时光
when he was brave and laughing.
当他勇敢且爱笑的时候
When he comes in now, I only think of the other things,the hateful things.
但他现在踏进房♥门,我只能想到其他的事情,可恨的事情
And I can't bear to look at him.
而我现在再也无法忍♥受看着他
Do you think that's hard of me?
你觉得那使我差劲吗?
Perhaps when you're a little better.
也许当你康复了
No. I won't be better.
不,我不会再康复了
We mustn't pretend anymore, son.
我们不能在假装了,儿子
It'll only make us afraid of each other.
那只会让我们害怕彼此
-Good night. -Good night, my love.
-晚安 -晚安,我的爱
Paul, come quick!
保罗,快来!
Mother.
妈妈
Look, mother. Mother?
你看,妈妈,妈妈?
I've done your daffodils.Mother, look.
我画好了你的水仙花。妈妈,你看
No! Don't!
不,不要!
mother.
妈妈
I've done your daffodils.
我画好了你的水仙花
Mother.
妈妈
How is she, lad?
她怎么样了,孩子
Didn't you notice the curtains were drawn?
你没有注意到窗帘被拉上了吗?
When did she go?
她什么时候离开的?
You'd only just left.
你前脚刚走的时候
-Don't you want to see her? -No.
-你不想见见她吗? -不想
She didn't want me with her anymore.
她再也不想见我了
Well, you can go to London now, son.
嗯,你现在可以去伦敦了,儿子
You still want to go there, don't you?
你依然想去那儿,对吗?
I don't know what I want.
我不知道我想要什么
At the moment,I feel I want to go after her.
此刻,我真想随她而去
Now, don't you let her down.
现在,不要让她失望
Your mother believed in me once, but--
你母亲曾经信任过我,但...
well, I don't know. I suppose I let things slide.
好吧,我不知道。我想我让事情顺其自然了
You're the one to set things right again.
而你能让事情再次朝正确的方向发展
How, father?
要怎么做,爸爸
By not letting things slide, as I did.
不要顺其自然,别像我一样
If only you could settle your life without all this... searching.
如果只有你能安定自己生活,且不需要去寻找答案
I reckon it'll be much better for you.
我想这会对你更好
Don't you mean easier?
你是说更容易?
That's Miriam's doctrine for life--
这就是米里亚姆一生的教义
ease of soul and physical comfort. And I despise it.
心灵的轻松和肉体的舒适,我鄙视它
-You do, do you? -Well, I can't think why.
-你确实鄙视它,对吗 -是的,但我不知道为什么
All this cleverness of yours,
你所拥有的才智
this taking your life into your own hands,
会让你掌握自己的人生
it don't seem to have brought thee much happiness,
看来它似乎并没有给你带来幸福
-happiness. -if only you could meet some good woman who could make you happy.
电影精选列表