Oh, no.
不
I did want so much to give you my love.
我真的很想给你我的爱
To you, it was a sacrifice.
对你而言,那是一种牺牲
You did it only for me and not for yourself.
你是为了我,而不是为了你自己
And for you it can't ever be any way else,
而且它只能被认为是牺牲
because that's the way you're made.
因为你生来如此
To love with the spirit and only the spirit, like a nun.
精神之爱并且只能是精神上,就像修女一样
It was a crime for me to persuade you.
对我而言说服你就像在犯罪
I tried to make myself believe it would bring us closer together.
我试图让自己相信这么做会让我们更亲近
It has.
它确实
Surely it has.
当然有
No.
不
No, it's only pulled us further apart.
不,它只会让我们彼此离得更远
* silent night *
平安夜
* holy night **
平安夜
come on. William and Louisa will be here soon!
快点,威廉和路易莎马上就到了!
The wind from the scullery blows through a man's ribs like a five-barred gate.
厨房♥吹来的寒风吹过我的肋骨像五道栏杆的大门
Ha. It'd have some difficulty blowing through yours.
想吹过你还是有点难度的
I'm nothing but a skinned rabbit.Never was.
我从没像现在这样像只剥了皮的兔子
a man never had a better start,
男人如果身体不行的话
if it was body that counted.
是不会有个好起步的
Paul. Paul, you should have seen your father
保罗,你应该看看你♥爸♥爸
when he was your age,
在你这个年纪的样子
before the coal dust had scarred his skin.
煤灰在他身上留下疤痕之前
A fine figure of a man your father was,
你♥爸♥爸可是个身材很好的男人
and such a dancer.
而且舞技一流
give me back a bit of a rub,
帮我搓下背
will you, lass?
好吗,小姑娘?
It's as cold as death.
感觉要冷死了
The next world itself wouldn't be hot enough for you.
可能是水不够热了
Nay, they'll see it's good and drafty for me.
不是,水够热就是太通风了
-Mother, we're here! -William.
-妈妈,我们到了! -威廉
Hey.come on, Paul. Get your-- go on.
快点,保罗,把你♥爸♥爸弄进去
Aaah. Wait, wait, wait.
等一下
they'll be waiting to see us.Come along, quickly.
他们肯定等着见我们,快来
-Mother, Louisa. -How do you do?
-妈妈这是路易莎 -你好吗?
-What a pretty little house. -How do you do?You must be tired.
-多么漂亮的家啊 -你好吗?你一定很累了
Hello.William. Would you like a nice cup of tea?
你好,威廉,你想来杯茶吗?
-Well, we've bought you some champagne. -Champagne?
-我们给您带了一瓶香槟 -香槟?
It's beautifully chilled. Chilled as we were.
它喝起来非常美妙与放松,就像我们一样清凉(chill有清凉寒冷之意)
There wasn't any heating on the train.
因为火车上完全没有暖气
this is Paul.
这是保罗
Paul! Louisa.
保罗!这是路易莎
-Hello, Paul. Who's going to open a bottle of champagne? -I will.
-你好,保罗,谁来打开这瓶香槟 -我来吧
I always say Christmas isn't Christmas without champagne, don't you agree?
我总说没有香槟的圣诞节不是圣诞节,你觉得呢?
It's a 1902 vintage.Quite a good year, I believe,
它是1902年的香槟,我觉得是不错的年份
or so the man at the shop told me.
至少店里的人是这么说的
-Not that way. I don't want a black eye. -Sorry.
-别朝这边啦,我可不想鼻青脸肿 -抱歉
Will always says I don't know anything,
威廉一直说我啥也不懂
but he didn't know how to open a bottle of champagne, either,
但在遇见我之前他也不知道如何开香槟啊
before he met me. Did you, will, dear?
对吧,亲爱的?
Well, mother, what do you think of her,
妈妈,你喜欢她吗?
now that you've seen the rest of her?
现在你看到了她其他的部位
Mother was a bit shocked by your photograph.
我妈妈上次被你的照片吓到了
-She called you a naked bust. -I wasn't naked at all.
-她说你裸着上身 -我其实不是没穿衣服
I was wearing such a pretty little dress,
我当时穿着一条漂亮的小裙子呢
but the man who took the picture cut it all off.
但是那个照相的人把照片裁掉了
quick, the glasses.
快点,杯子
Here.
这儿
How do, lass?
你好吗,小姑娘?
it's father's bath night.
今天是他们爸爸的洗澡夜
Paul, put it on a plate.
保罗,把它房♥子盘子里
oh, let me help you.Can I help?
噢,让我帮忙吧,我能帮忙吗?
Yes, all right. You can pour it out.
可以,你可以把它倒出来
Mother. I know she's not like you. She's, uh--
妈妈,我知道她不像你,她...
she's not serious.She can't think.
她不够严肃,不会思考
and everything she wants costs money.
而且她喜欢的东西都要花钱
-But you do like her, don't you? -Of course, son.
-但是你喜欢她,对吗? -当然了,儿子
-Champagne's ready. -Will. Will, wait for your father.
-香槟好了 -威廉,等等你♥爸♥爸
Oh, it'll go flat if you leave it now. There's plenty more.
噢,泡沫会消失的如果你不马上喝,那还挺多的呢
That'll go flat too if you don't put the cork in the bottle.
如果你不赶紧不塞上软木塞,那也会跑气的
Happy Christmas.
圣诞快乐
-Will? Mistletoe! -Uh, where?
-威廉?槲寄生! -啊,哪?
-Over there. -Oh, that's the stuff.
-在那里啦 -噢,就是这个东西
-Here you are, love. -Paul?
-在这里,亲爱的 -保罗?
I don't think we need it.Come and help me empty the bathtub.
我觉得不需要了,来帮我把浴盆里的水倒了
they certainly don't need us.
他们肯定不需要我们了
Nor anyone else in the world.
他们任何人都不需要
-What do you think of her, mother? -She's pretty enough.
-妈妈,你觉得她怎么样? -她很漂亮
But those blessed airs. She's so silly.
但是那无脑祝福的气氛,她看起来好蠢
-Can't William see that? -Our William's in love.
-威廉难道看不出来吗? -我们威廉恋爱了
At the moment, he's blind. We'll see how long it lasts.
现在,他已经迷失了,我们会看到他们能不能长久
But, mother, if she makes him so happy,
但是,妈妈,如果她让他感到快乐
even if it doesn't last, it's worth it, isn't it?
就算不长久,也是值得的,对吗?
If you're thinking of Miriam, son, I've told you before.
如果你想到了米里亚姆,儿子,我之前已经告诉过你了
She wants your very soul, and that won't make you happy.
她想控制你的灵魂,你是不会快乐的
Oh! I thought you were never going to let me breathe again.
噢!我以为你不打算让我再呼吸了
I think that'd be a very nice way to die.
我想那是一种非常好的死法
Louisa, would you like to see your bedroom?
路易莎,你想看看你的房♥间吗?
Thank you! If I have the breath for the stairs.
谢谢,如果我还有上楼的力气
Bye, darling.
再见,亲爱的
oh!
噢!
Isn't she glorious?
她是不是很漂亮?
Well, isn't she?
对吧?
Yes, she's beautiful.
是的,她很漂亮
Hey, what's the matter?
嗨,怎么了?
I was just thinking--
我只是在想
mother and father felt the same way once.
妈妈和爸爸是否曾经也是如此
You're not suggesting we'll end up like them, are you?
你不是想说我们最后会变成那样吧,啊?
I'm not sure now.
我现在不太确定
If it's a real passion,I wonder if it ever dies.
如果这是真正的激♥情♥,我在想它是否会消失
Well, I can only tell you ours never will.
我只能告诉你我跟她之间的不会
And that's real enough.
那就够了
And, uh, even if I lost Louisa tomorrow,
而且,就算我明天就要失去路易莎
she'd still have changed my whole life.
她依然改变了我的一生
-Wait till you feel like that about a girl. -Must be marvelous.
-等你也对某个女孩有这样的感觉 -那一定会很奇妙
Mmm. I'm so glad for you, will.
我真为你高兴,威廉
Thanks.
谢谢
Paul, what is it?
保罗,怎么了?
I was always the silent one,
我一向沉默寡言
and now you haven't a word to say to me.
但现在你也一言不发了吗
That's true.
是的
Oh, lovely.
噢,真厉害
Miriam, I don't think I should come up here anymore.
米丽亚姆 我不认为我应该再来这里了
Paul, you don't mean that.
保罗,你不是认真的吧
You can't mean it. We've been friends for so long.
你不能这样,我们做了很久的朋友了
Yes, but we didn't stop at friendship.
是的,但我们做了朋友不该做的
It's my fault, I know.
是我的错,我知道
But we've got to face the truth of it.
但是我们必须面对事实
It didn't get us anywhere else, did it?
它并没有让我们更进一步,不是吗?
We can't go back now, and it seems we can't go forward either.
我们不能回到从前,但我们也不能往前走了
So I think we ought to break it off.
所以我认为我们应该分手
-What have they been saying at home? -It's not that.
-你家里是什么态度呢? -不是因为那个
Your mother never liked me. She was always against me.
你妈妈从来没喜欢过我,她总是反对我
-It's not that. -Isn't it?You wait and see.
-不是因为那个 -不是吗?你等着瞧吧
You wait till you meet someone you might love, want to marry.
你等到你遇到一个你真正爱的人,你想结婚的人
-I don't think I'll ever marry. -Not while she--
-我不觉得我会结婚 -是的,直到她...
she what?
她怎么?
No, I won't try to hurt you,
不,我不想伤害你
because I know.
因为我知道
电影精选列表