-幸福 -除非你遇到一个能够使你幸福的女人
Damn your happiness.
去你的幸福
So long as life is full,
只要生活是充实的就行
that's all I've ever wanted.
那才是我想要的
And now it's empty because she's dead.
但现在什么都没有了,因为她死了
Oh, she's dead.
噢,她离开了
I know. I know. So is Arthur.
我知道,我知道,亚瑟亦是如此
And the dead don't come back,
人死不能复生
but it doesn't mean you can let them down, does it?
但这不意味着你可以让他们失望,不是吗?
They can still look on, can't they? Or so we're told.
但他们依然能够在天堂望着我们,不是吗?至少我们是这样被告诉的
Maybe they can help us sometimes.
他们有时还能帮助我们
Let's see if that woman's got our grub for us.
让我们看看那个女人是不是为我们准备了食物。
Paul!
保罗!
Hello, Miriam.
你好,米里亚姆
I heard, Paul. I'm so sorry.
我听说了,保罗。我很抱歉
All those years of bitterness and struggle.
这些年的辛酸与挣扎
And illness and death.
疾病与死亡
I don't know what it was all for.
我不知道这一切是为了什么
For you. You're alive.
为了你自己,你还活着
-Why should I live? -For her.
-为什么我还要活着 -为了她
You've got to go on living for her sake.
你必须为了她,继续活下去
Go on with your painting.
继续绘画
-She wanted that. -Painting's not living.
-那就是她想要的 -绘画不是生活
Then be happy just to live.
那就仅仅为活着而开心吧
We should all give ourselves that chance.
我们都应该给予自己这种机会
I'm taking mine tomorrow.
我明天也要把握我的机会
Are you going away?
你要离开吗?
I'm going to train to be a teacher in London.
我要搭火车去伦敦当一名老师
Do you plan to go there now?
你打算现在就去那吗?
Yes, I suppose so.
我想是的
Have you broken off with Clara Dawes?
你与克拉拉·道斯分手了吗?
Well, she's broken off with me.
额,是她先提出分手的
She knew it wouldn't last.
她知道我们不会长久
You know, I think we should be married.
你知道,我想我们应该结婚
Why?
为什么?
If only to keep you from wasting yourself.
如果那能让你不再消沉
You might get ill. Anything might happen, and I'd never know.
你可能会生病,任何事情都可能发生,而我永远不会知道
Would knowing prevent it?
难道知道了就能防止它发生吗?
At least I could stop you
至少我可以防止你
from being a prey to women like Clara.
再次成为像克拉拉那种女人的猎物
You'd want nothing for yourself?
你自己什么都不想要吗?
Dear, lovely Miriam.
亲爱的,可爱的米丽亚姆
I don't think marriage would be any good.
我认为婚姻不会有任何好处
I only think of you.
我的脑海中只有你
I know you do.
我知道
You want to put me in your pocket,
你想把我放进你的口袋
and I should die there,smothered.
而我会死在那儿,窒息而亡
We belong to each other.
我们属于彼此
You said that yourself once.
你自己也说过一次
I was wrong.
我说错了
I did belong to my mother. But now she's dead,
我曾经属于我的母亲,但她现在死了
and I don't want her to live again in you.
我不想让她再在你身上活一次
Not even in you, Miriam.
甚至是在你身上,米丽亚姆
I'm sure I'll never find anyone as good as you...
我确信不会再找到像你一样好的女孩了
Or any love as good as yours,
或者像你一样无私的爱
but I don't want to find it, because I want to be free.
但我也不想去寻找,因为我想要自♥由♥
I don't ever want to belong to anyone again. Never anymore.
我不想再一次属于任何人,再也不要
And, perhaps,I'll understand at last what it means to live.
而且,也许,我至少可以理解活着的意义
Good bye.
再见
电影精选列表