I loved him then.
我那时爱过他
I don't want to hear any more.
我不想再听了
The first day I saw him, I felt as if I'd--I'd drunk wine.
我第一次见到他,我觉得我像喝醉了一样
I thought he was so brave working down there under the earth.
我认为他是如此的勇敢,在地面之下工作
He only laughed and he said, "oh, you get used to it.
他只是笑笑并说“噢,你总会习惯的”
You pop out at night, like the mice, to see what's going on."
“你晚上就像老鼠一样突然出现,去看看发生了什么事。“
If he was a man then, why did he stop?
如果他曾经是个男人,那他为什么变了?
Because I made him face things.
因为我让他面对现实
This house-- he-- he told me that he owned this house.
这房♥子...他告诉我这房♥子不是他的
It was only a week before William was born
在威廉出生的前一周
I found out we only rented it.
我发现这是他租的
We-- we didn't even own the furniture.
家具甚至也不是我们自己的
Did you tell him you'd found out?
你告诉他你发现了吗?
He couldn't bear that.
他受不了
He'd promised to give me all the things he thought a lady ought to have,
他向我保证会给我一个女人应该拥有的一切
and I made him see there was nothing behind all his show.
而我让他看清在他的表演背后其实什么都没有
I don't think he ever forgave me for that.
我不认为他会原谅我如此对他
And now he's what he is, and I--
现在他变成了这样,而我...
-Good night, son. -I'm not going to London.
-晚安,儿子 -我不去伦敦了
I can't leave you alone with him.
我不能让你留你一个人跟他在一块
You can't throw away the only chance you've ever had.
你不能抛弃你未曾有过的唯一机会
You're more important than anything I do.
你比我做的任何事都重要
And you're my future. You go to London, son.
而你是我的未来,你要去伦敦,儿子
I'll start at Jordan's next week.
我下过星期就去乔丹工厂工作
Is this what I stayed for? To have him hold you back now?
这就是我存在的意义吗?让他拖你的后腿?
There's nowhere to go without you.
没有你我能去哪儿?
But will you be happy, Paul? I-- I want you to be happy.
但是你会开心吗,保罗?我希望你开心
We'll manage, mother.
妈妈,我会适应的
Good night.
晚安
I've brought thee a cup of tea, lass.
我给你端了杯茶,小姑娘
-Mmm-hmm? You're dressed. Why didn't you wake me? -No cause. It's early yet.
-嗯?你穿好衣服了,你为什么不叫醒我? -没必要,现在还早呢
Drink it up. It'll pop thee off to sleep again.
喝了它,它能防止你再次睡去
-I must get Paul his breakfast-- -no, no. That's seen to..
-我要起来给保罗做早饭 -不,不,已经做好了..
Go on. Drink. Take it.
起来,喝了它,拿着
I'll bet my life there's no sugar in it.
我敢打赌没放糖
That there is.There's an extra-big lump, special for thee.
在里面,里面有一颗超大方糖,你的特别定制
Mother?
妈妈?
She's having her rest.Take your breakfast, lad.It's ready.
她在休息,吃你的早餐吧,做好了
-I don't want any. -Now don't be a baby.
-我现在一点也不想吃 -现在,别像个小孩一样
-Take your hands off me. -Paul. Sit down and eat your breakfast.
-把你的手拿开 -保罗,坐下来好好吃早餐
You don't want to go upsetting your mother.
你不会想让你妈妈不高兴的
-You dare say that. -Oh, grow up, lad.
-你还有脸说 -噢,成熟点吧,孩子
It's happened before. It'll happen again.
昨晚的事情之前发生过,以后也还会发生的
Your mother and I have been together a long time.
我和你妈在一起很久了
We understand, if you don't. Now come on. Sit down.
如果你不明白,我们也能理解,现在快点,坐下
Come on. Eat it up and stop being a softie.
快点,赶紧吃饭,别再这样感性了
There, lad.
来,孩子
Excuse me.Could you tell me where I could find Mr. Pappleworth?
打扰一下。你能告诉我在哪里能找到帕普尔沃斯先生吗?
Spiral department,through there.
螺旋部门,从那进里
-You the new lad? -Yes.
-你是新来的小伙子吗? -是的
You're early for Pappleworth. Anyway, you can wait in there.
你现在去找他太早了,不过,你可以在那里等
You might take this corset frame and give it to my--
你可以先把这款紧身胸衣架给我的...
the overseer, Mrs. Dawes.
监工,道斯夫人
-Thanks. -yes.
-谢谢 -好的
If you want to try that on,
如果你想试穿一下
there's a room at the back.
后面有一个房♥间
Oh, no. Thank you.
不,谢谢
This is for, uh, miss Dawes.
这是给道斯小姐的
You mean Mrs. Dawes.
你是说道斯夫人
Not that there's any difference at the moment.
现在怎么称呼她都没有差别啦
She's just come in. I'll go and get her.
她刚进来,我去叫她
Thank you.
谢谢你
* Only one fella and two little girls *
一个男孩和两个女孩
* oh, what could he do what could he do *
噢,他能做什么,他能做什么
* two little girls who were anxious to do what he wanted them to *
两个女孩对他想要她们做的事感到紧张
oh, a girl's in danger.
噢,一个女孩遇到危险了
* only one fella and two little girls *
只有一个男孩和两个女孩
* oh, gee, they were shy really so shy *
噢,天哪,他们很害羞,真的很害羞
* two little girls who were sure they would die from a wink of the eye *
两个女孩十分确定一个 wink 就能使她们沉醉
* from the handsome stranger *
来自英俊的陌生人
* only one fella and two little girls **
只有一个男孩和两个女孩
Good morning. We could do with a bit less noise.
早上好,我们能稍微安静点吗
What's this, a complaint? Where does it hurt you?
什么情况,你要投诉吗?你哪里受伤了?
no. No, sir.
不,先生
Uh, this is for miss--Mrs. Dawes.
呃,这是给,呃,道斯夫人的
It was given to me outside.
我在外面有人让我拿来的
It must have been Baxter, Mr. Pappleworth.
一定是巴克斯特给的,帕普尔沃斯先生
Oh, I see.You're our new lad.
哦,我懂了,你是新来的小伙子
-Yes, sir. Paul morel. -Well, we've lost enough time.
-是的,先生,保罗·莫雷尔 -好吧,我们已经浪费了足够多的时间
Get your jacket off. I can see you've met my staff.
把你的夹克脱掉。我看得出你已经见过我的员工了
Well, we haven't been introduced.
但没人介绍我们啊
They talk too much, but they're a nice lot of girls.
她们话比较多,但人都很好
And don't you go and ruin him like you did the last one.
你们不要也把他毁了,就像你们对上一个那样
Polly, may and Emma, trusses.
波莉、梅和艾玛,桁架加工的
Connie and Lil,reinforced corsets.
康妮和莉尔,加固紧身胸衣的
Beatrice, elastic hose.
比阿特丽斯,弹性软管
Fanny, kneecaps. Lizzie, packer.
范妮,膝盖骨架。莉齐,包装工
Betty, stocking machine.
贝蒂,袜机
Oh, and uh, Clara.
哦,呃,克拉拉
-Clara Dawes, our, uh, overseer. -How do you do?
-克拉拉·道斯,我们的,呃,监督者。 -你好吗?
This is Paul morel,our new packer.
是保罗·莫雷尔,我们的新包装工
-Mrs. Dawes, this is for you. -Thank you.
-道斯夫人,这是给你的 -谢谢
-You'll keep Paul busy, eh? -As busy as we're kept.
-你会让保罗忙起来,是吧? -就像我们一样忙
It's sweated labor here, Mr. morel.
这里的工作非常辛苦,莫雷尔先生
-The men have seen to that. -Now, Clara,I've told you before.
-我猜他已经看出来了。 -现在,克拉拉,我之前已经告诉过你了
You can say what you like on that platform of yours,
你可以在你的论♥坛♥里想说什么就说什么
but we don't want it at Jordan's.
但我不想在乔丹工厂听到
Clara believes in women's rights.
克拉拉支持妇女权利
You don't find that amusing, Mr. morel?
你不觉得那很逗乐吗,莫雷尔先生?
-Why should I? -Most men do. They laugh at us.
-我为什么要觉得? -大部分男人会那样,他们嘲笑我们
-But they're really frightened. -What are we frightened of?
-其实他们很害怕 -我们害怕什么呢?
The idea that we're as good as you are.
女人和男人一样出色
Yes?no, I can't hear.
什么?不,我听不清
If the women weren't such fools, the men wouldn't be so bad.
如果女人不那么傻,男人也不会这么坏的
well, whose fault's that?
那是谁的过错呢
Now, don't shout.Oh, be quiet a minute, ladies.
现在,别喊了,噢,姑娘们,安静点
Don't shout. I'm getting an earhole full of dust down here.
别再喊了,我的听筒里全是灰尘
-All right. I'm coming up. -Votes for women.
-好的,我来了 -投票给女性
Well, my lad. Clara will show you the ropes
好吧,我的小伙子。克拉拉会告诉你诀窍
much better than I could, to her way of thinking.
以她的思维方式,讲的会比我清楚的
I'll leave you in the presence of the sex we're all scared of.
我要把你交给这位我们都畏惧的女性了
Votes for women.
投票给女性
Hello.
你好
I've torn my sleeve on a branch.
我的袖子被树枝划破了
-Did you hurt yourself? -No.
-你伤到自己了吗? -没有
How warm you are.
你身上很暖和
Come inside.I'll mend it.
进来吧,我来缝好它
No. Let's stay out a while.
不,我们在外面待会吧
All right.
好
There's a sort of hush tonight.
今晚有一种宁静
The whole night's wondering and asleep.
整个夜晚都在沉思与睡去
I suppose that's what we do in death-- sleep in wonder.
我想那就是我们死亡后会做的事——在惊奇中睡去
we must go.
我们必须走了
yes.
是的
-Forgive me. -Forgive you? I love you.
-原谅我 -原谅你?我爱你
You hated it, didn't you?
你讨厌那样,对吗?
Paul, I--I'm sorry.
保罗,我很抱歉
you hated it.
你讨厌它
You closed your eyes and clenched your hands.
你闭上了眼睛并握紧了你的双手
And I feel like a criminal.
我觉得我像一个罪犯
电影精选列表