Oh. What a mess!
噢,太乱了
Clara!
克拉拉
Who've you got here?
你把谁带回来了?
It's Paul morel, mother.
他是保罗·莫雷尔,妈妈。
He's missed his train.I thought he could stay the night.
他错过了火车,所以我想让他在这住一晚
Well, if he's staying here,he won't have to mind about the work.
好吧,如果他今晚在这住就不用担心明天的工作了
Sit you down. Clara,get him a glass of stout.
请坐,克拉拉,给他倒一杯黑啤
He looks as if he could do with one.
他看起来应该能喝上一杯
Haven't you ever had any more color than that?
除了你身上这种你就没有其他颜色的衣服了吗?
I've got a thick skin.It doesn't show the blood through.
其实我脸皮很厚,可能看着不像
-If you don't like me,I'll go away again. -No, no, no.
-如果你们不欢迎我,我完全可以离开的 -不不不
Stay as you are. Light a cigarette if you want to.
留下吧,你可以点一支烟如果你想的话
Only don't set fire to all this lace.
只要不把这些蕾丝点燃就行
-Thank you. -No need to thank me.
-谢谢 -不用谢我
I'll be glad to smell a bit of smoke about the house again.
能再次在这栋房♥子里闻到点香烟味我也挺高兴的
A house without men in it
一栋没有男人的房♥子
is like a house without a fire, to my thinking.
就像一栋没有供暖的房♥子,个人观点
I like a man about,
我会喜欢男人的
if he's only something to snap at.
如果这个男人是我唯一能发牢骚的人
Do you like lace work?
您喜欢你的蕾丝编织工作吗?
I'm a widow.I've no choice.
我是个寡妇,我别无选择。
Must be sweated labor.
肯定很辛苦
Isn't all woman's work sweated?
女人的工作不都很辛苦吗?
The men have seen to that, all right,
当女人强迫自己进入劳动市场时
since we've forced ourselves into the labor market.
你们男人早已心知肚明了,不是吗?
Now, Clara, you shut up about the men.
现在,克拉拉,别再聊什么男人了
Don't listen to her.
别听她的
She's forever on this high horse of hers.
她永远像骑在马上一样威风凛凛
The poor animal's back so thin and starved,
但那饥肠辘辘的可怜马儿的背是如此瘦削
it'll cut her in two one of these days.
她骑在上面总有一天会被切成两半的
-You work at Jordan's? -Yes. Has Clara mentioned me to you?
-你在乔丹公♥司♥工作吗? -是的,克拉拉有跟您提到过我?
I know more about you than you think.
我比你想象的更了解你
You've been going with Miriam Leivers.
你一直在与米里亚姆·莱弗斯来往
Well, yes.
嗯,是的
I know her family well.
我很了解她的家庭
Nice enough girl,but a bit too much above this world to suit my fancy.
她是位好女孩,但对我来说她的思想太过理想化
Yes, she is a bit like that.
是的,她确实是这样
She'll never be satisfied until she's got wings and can fly over everybody's head.
如果她不能显得比别人更高尚她是不会满意的
That's her mother's doing.
是她的母亲让她变成那样的
If religion was strong drink,
如果信仰是烈酒
they'd never be able to stand that woman up.
那它永远不会使那个女人感到失望
Why, I'd forgotten about them.
哎呀,我都忘了它们了。
-Where have they sprung from? -Out of my drawer.
-它们从哪里冒出来? -从我抽屉里拿出来的。
Bought them for Baxter,and he wouldn't wear them,would he?
是买♥♥给巴克斯特,但他不愿意穿,对吗?
Said he'd reckon to do without trousers in bed.
他说他宁愿不♥穿♥裤子睡觉
Couldn't bear them,them pajama things.
他忍♥不了这些睡衣
Well, everyone to his taste.
好吧,每个人都有适合自己的口味
Yes, I dare say they'd suit you.
嗯嗯,我觉得它们会适合你的
Well, you're tired, I expect.
好了,你应该累了,我猜
No, no. It takes me hours to settle down after an evening out.
不不,我晚上外出之后需要花几个小时才能安睡
Let's hope you've got started, then.It's getting late.
希望你已经开始准备休息了,比较晚了
Are you tired, Clara?
你累了吗,克拉克?
Not in the least bit.
一点也不
-Uh, would you care to have a game of cribbage? -All right.
-呃,你愿意会玩纸牌游戏吗? -可以
You don't mind, do you,if we have a game of cards?
您不介意吧,如果我们玩纸牌游戏?
You'll please yourselves,but it's nigh on midnight.
你愿意取悦自己,但现在已经是午夜了
Well, a game or so'll make us sleepy.
但是,玩一局左右会让我们有睡意的
Would you care to play, uh,five cards or six cards?
你想玩五张牌的还是六张牌的玩法
Doesn't matter.
随意
All right, five.Shall I deal? -Thank you.
-那就五张牌,我来发牌吗? -谢谢
It's my crib,so put a card down.
是我的配点牌,所以你放一张牌
Ten.
-Twenty. -thirty.
-20 -30
Thirty-one.
Eight.
-Eight. -that's two.
-8 -这是两张
-Uh, 22, 31. -Really.
-嗯,22,31 -真的
I've got, uh, 12 pairs two.
我拿到了,嗯,12和一对2
You've got 15, two,and a pair's 10.
你拿到了一张15,2和一对10
Pair of tens is four.
一对10是4
It's nearly 12:00.
快12点了
Turn 'em.
翻开它们
-All right. We'll stop. -Take your pajama things.Here's your candle.
-好了,不玩了。 -拿上你的睡衣,这是你的蜡烛
Your room is above this.There's only two,so you can't go wrong.
你的房♥间在这上面,只有两个房♥间,所以你不会走错的
Good night, and, uh,hope you sleep well.
晚安,祝你睡个好觉
-Thank you, I always do. -So you ought to, at your age.
-谢谢,我总是睡得很香 -你本就该这样,在你这个年纪
-Good night. -Good night.
-晚安 -晚安
What's keeping you, Clara?
你怎么不去睡,克拉拉?
I'm going to stay down here for a bit. I feel cold.
我要在这里待一会,我觉得有些冷
Well, don't be long.
别待太久
Clara, I'm going up.
克拉拉,我要上去了
well, that's the fire all right.
是壁炉,没事
I think that's everything for the night.
我觉得它整个晚上都在吵
will you unfasten my dress?
你能帮我解开衣服吗?
-Now then, Clara,aren't you coming up? -Not yet.
-你现在能上来吗,克拉拉 -不行
be quiet about it when you do.
你安静点
I hate to be woken out of my beauty sleep.
我很讨厌在睡美容觉时被吵醒
my hand is cold.
我的手有点冷
Sign.
签字
I'm warning you, morel.
我警告你,莫雷尔。
Keep away from my wife,
离我老婆远一点
or you're going to have me to settle with.
不然别逼我收拾你
Take your receipt.
拿好你的收据。
get back to your work, girls.Stop this chattering.
回去工作吧,女孩们。别再喋喋不休了。
Baxter's dangerous.Could you fight him?
巴克斯特很危险。你是他的对手吗?
Easily, with a knife or a pistol.
用刀轻松搞定,或者手♥枪♥。
It's no joke. He'd kill you.
我不是在开玩笑,他会杀了你的
And what would you do if he did?Would you go back to him?
如果他杀了我你会怎么做?你会回到他身边吗?
I have a few days off next week.
下周我有几天假
Let's go away together.We'd be by ourselves.
我们一起离开吧,我们就能做自己了
We could go to the sea.
我们可以一起去看海
There'd be nobody there in winter.
那里冬天没有人
Mr. Pappleworth wants Paul to take an order.
帕普尔沃斯先生有个命令给保罗
If you're too busy, I can do it.
如果你太忙了我可以去做
No, that's all right, I'll go.
不,没关系,我这就去
-Well, aren't you going to say it? -Say what?
-嗯,你不说吗? -说什么?
"You didn't come home last night, Paul."
“你昨晚没有回家,保罗。”
You didn't come home last night, Paul.
你昨晚没有回家,保罗。
Mother, it is serious.
妈妈,我是认真的
It can't be, son.A woman you can't ever hope to marry.
这不可能,孩子,她是一个你永远不能期望与之结婚的女人
I haven't mentioned marriage.
我并没有提到婚姻
It's a very different thing from love.
它是与爱情十分不同的情感
In marriage, one has to belong,
在婚姻中,一个人必须属于另一个人
and I can't ever belong to any woman.
但我不会属于任何女人
That's because you haven't met the right one.
那是因为你还没有遇到对的人
-I shan't find the right one as long as you live. -I'll get your supper.
-只要你还活着,我不必去找什么对的人 -我去给你准备晚饭
You're the only one I'll ever be certain about.
你是我唯一的对的人,我永远肯定
But I can't think of you going through your life
但我无法想象你经历这样一生
with no one to care for you. To--
没有人去照顾你,去...
-what's the matter? -Nothing.
-怎么了? -没什么
-Are you not well? -It's nothing!
-你不舒服吗? -我说了没什么!
I'm growing old, that's all.
我在慢慢老去,仅此而已
Well, that's too bad of you.
好吧,你太坏了
Why can't a man always have a young mother?
为什么一个人的母亲不能永葆青春?
I'm growing old,
我渐渐老了
and you'll just have to get used to it, that's all.
而你要学会去习惯它,仅此而已
This man, Baxter Dawes,
这个人,巴克斯特·道斯
comes up to me in the pub,everyone's listenin'
在酒吧里向我走来,所有人都听到了
and says, "keep your son away from my wife."
他说:“让你的儿子离我的妻子远一点。”
How do you like that?"Keep your son awayfrom my wife!"
你觉得如何?“让你的儿子离我的妻子远一点。”
It's too late.
太晚了
They've gone away together on a holiday.
电影精选列表