所以你认为他的死也许是一场意外?
So you think his deathwas an accident, maybe?
我敢打赌那个贱♥人♥伊丽莎白·韦斯特莱克,
I bet that cunt,Elizabeth Westlake,
与此有关。
had something to do with it.
对不起。我不知道那是谁。
I'm sorry.I-I don't know who that is.
是的。我也不直到最近。
Yeah. Neither did Iuntil recently.
疯狂的混♥蛋♥。
Crazy-ass bitch.
他们发生了一些大争执
They had some big argument
几周前理查德搬了出去。
a few weeks beforeRichard moved out.
伊丽莎白……西湖?
Elizabeth... Westlake?
- 是的。- 是的。好的。
- Yeah.- Yeah. Okay.
理查德开始又喝酒了。
Richard starteddrinking again.
有一天晚上他回到家在电♥话♥里尖叫
And one night he comes homescreaming on the phone
都很生气。
all pissed.
呵呵。不不不。
Huh. No, no, no.
不不不。
No, no, no.
不不不,你听我说,好吗?
No, no, no,you listen to me, okay?
你♥他♥妈♥别骗我!
Don't you fucking lie to me!
他一定想到了我睡着了。
He must have thoughtI was asleep.
好吧,我知道你做了什么。是的。
Okay, I-I know what you did.Yeah.
而你不会摆脱它。
And you're not gonnaget away with it.
你曾经问过他争论的内容是什么?
You ever ask himwhat the argument was about?
我试着不和理查德说话当他那样的时候。
I tried not to talk to Richardwhen he was like that.
正确的。
Right.
所以我等待直到他睡着了。
So I waiteduntil he was asleep.
第二天,我拨♥打♥了这个号♥码,
Next day, I called the number,
并收到了她的语♥音♥信箱。
and got her voicemail.
你还知道什么关于她?
What else do you knowabout her?
知道她是做什么的吗?你知道它们是如何连接的吗?
Know what she does?Do you know how they connect?
不。没有什么?
No.Nothing?
你刚刚给她打电♥话♥一个疯狂的混♥蛋♥。
You just called hera crazy-ass bitch.
听着,我所知道的就是我从没听过他说话
Look, all I know isI never heard him talk
以前对任何人都这样。
to anybody like that before.
连我也不行。
Not even me.
你问我...
You ask me...
她杀了他。
she killed him.
韦斯特莱克女士。
Ms. Westlake.
哦。弗里曼先生。
Oh. Mr. Freeman.
我们见过面吗?
Have we met?
对不起。我有一个条件。
I'm sorry. I have a condition.
我忘记了很多东西。
I forget a lot of stuff.
嗯,对不起。
Well, I'm sorry.
我们路过遇见很久以前。
We met in passinga long time ago.
我读过关于你的报纸上的事故。
And I'd read about youraccident in the newspaper.
你会介意的如果我问你在哪里?
Would you mindif I asked you where?
我们在哪里见面的?我希望我能说话。
Where did we meet?I wish I could talk.
但我需要去办公室。
But I need toget to the office.
没关系。
That's okay.
我其实只是想和你谈谈
I actually justwanted to talk to you
关于理查德·芬。
about Richard Finn.
现在,有一个人我想忘记。
Now, there's someoneI'd like to forget.
这是为什么?
Why is that?
我猜你已经从未被跟踪,
I guess you'venever been stalked,
让人感觉就像你一直一样
made to feel like you always
需要回头看。
need to belooking over your shoulder.
哦。是啊,好吧,你知道,呃...
Oh. Yeah, well,you know, uh...
他心里有这个想法
he had it in his mind
你有事要做约瑟夫·维德的谋杀案。
that you had something to dowith Joseph Wieder's murder.
那你跟他谈过了吗?
So you've spoken to him?
不,我没有。呃...
No, I haven't. Uh...
我尝试过了,但他去世了。
I tried to,but he passed away.
我懂了。是的。
I see.Yeah.
他留下了一些东西,尽管。
He left something behind,though.
一本回忆录。
A memoir.
我想知道你是否愿意喜欢看一下。
And I was wondering if you'dlike to have a look at it.
你可以告诉我你认为呢。
You could just tell mewhat you think.
我非常努力地工作忘记我生命中的那段时光
I've worked very hard toforget that time in my life,
维德教授去世后,我宁愿不再重温它。
Professor Wieder's death,and I'd rather not relive it.
完全明白了。是的。
Totally understand. Yeah.
不过你知道,呃...
You know, though, uh...
有一个男人谁在死囚牢房♥
there is a manwho is on death row
约瑟夫·维德谋杀案
for Joseph Wieder's murder
他的约会快到了不一会儿。
and his date's coming uppretty soon.
所以也许你可以,你就知道,看看吧。
So maybe you could just,you know, take a look.
如果我有空的话。
If I have a free moment.
伟大的。谢谢。非常感谢。
Great. Thank you.Thank you very much.
好吧。好吧。
Alright.Alright.
你有很好的一天。
You have a great day.
照顾好你自己,现在,罗伊。
You take care of yourself,now, Roy.
就是这样,伙计。
This is it, man.
德弗罗先生?
Mr. Devereaux?
德弗罗先生?
Mr. Devereaux?
有一阵子了。
It's been a while.
在那里花了我一秒钟来安置你,
Took me a second thereto place you,
但我的故事是一样的就像当时一样。
but my story's the sameas it was then.
我只是没必要告诉它对你来说因为...
I just never got to tell itto you 'cause...
你已经有了你的男人了。
you already had your man.
好吧,如果你没问题的话我现在就想听。
Well, if it's okay with you,I'd like to hear it now.
是的?这是为什么?
Yeah? Why is that?
我正要回去通过事物。
I'm just going backthrough things.
确保一切顺利盒子被检查了,
Making sure all the rightboxes got checked,
你知道?
you know?
好的。
Okay.
出色地...
Well...
维德教授找到我
Professor Wiederfound me
当我还是个贝壳时我是谁。
when I was a shellof who I was.
他帮我回来了站起来。
He helped me get backon my feet.
他给我找了一份工作工作维护。
He got me a jobworking maintenance.
我是说,我记得非常清晰,伙计。
I mean, I remember itcrystal clear, man.
他就像一个名人。
He was like a celebrity.
每个人都爱他。
Everyone loved him.
他做到了各种各样的工作。
He didall sorts of work.
我不知道到底是什么,
I don't know what exactly,
但总是有人们来访。
but there was alwayspeople visiting.
太感谢了。
Thank you so much.
重要人物。
Important people.
政♥府♥人员,
People from the government,
国防部。
Department of Defense.
他正在进行审判对他们来说
He was running a trialfor them
在他的部门之外在大学。
out of his departmentat the college.
外伤患者。
Trauma patients.
测试药物他发展了。
Testing a medicationhe developed.
我想我是一个完美的候选人。
I guess I wasa perfect candidate.
我是第一个到达地面的在伊♥拉♥克♥。
I was first on the groundin Iraq.
看到了我的分享在接受子弹之前。
Saw my share of itbefore taking a bullet.
我不知道真正的伤害直到我回到家。
I didn't know the real damagetill I got home.
只是无法获得正确的结果。
Just couldn't get right.
维德在退伍军人管理局找到了我
Wieder found me at the VA,
说我适合他研究概况。
said I fit hisresearch profile.
什么样的研究?
What kind of research?
韦恩,如果我告诉你呢?
Wayne, what if I told you
通过医学和建议
that through medicineand suggestion
你可以更换内存你在伊♥拉♥克♥的创伤
you could replace the memoryof your trauma of Iraq
拥有更好的回忆
with better memories
或者也许删除记忆你的创伤完全消失了吗?
or perhaps erase the memoryof your trauma altogether?
伙计,我想说的是,让我报名吧。
Man, I'd say sign me up.
通过激活相反大脑的两侧,
By activating oppositesides of the brain,
我们可以释放情感经历
we can releasethe emotional experiences
困在我们的神经系统中。
trapped in our nervous system.
但在我们做之前那些不好的记忆就消失了
But before we makethat bad memory go away,
我们必须全面面对它。
we have to fully confront it.
电影精选列表