你想说什么?
What's your point?
我不知道。
I don't know.
我只是在想你和我,
I was just thinkingthat you and me,
我们也许会去和他谈谈
we'd maybe go and talk to him,
看看他要说什么为他自己。
see what he has to sayfor himself.
为什么?我不知道。
Why?I don't know.
这只是一种感觉。
It's just a feeling.
这就是我要做的一切这些日子。
That's all I got to go onthese days.
另外,我的医生说我要保持头脑活跃
Besides, my doctor saysI gotta keep my mind active,
那到底是怎么回事,嗯?
so what the fuck, huh?
当然,罗伊。
Sure, Roy.
我会调查一下。
I'll look into it.
我还有几个朋友在工作中。
I still got a few friendson the job.
好的。
Okay.
我会联♥系♥你的,罗伊。
I'll be in touch, Roy.
啊!
Ah!
- 是的。-我找到了你的男孩。
- Yeah.- I found your boy.
我找到了理查德·芬恩。
I found Richard Finn.
房♥东太太找到了他当她让煤气工进来时
The landlady found himwhen she let the gas man in.
他怎么死的?
How did he die?
过量。芬太尼。
Overdose. Fentanyl.
只有一个针孔。
Only one needle hole.
什么?
What?
他不是什么瘾君子。
He's not much of a junkie.
没有任何痕迹。
There's no track marks.
所以他是个新手。不知道他在做什么。
So he's a newbie.Didn't know what he was doing.
你还好吗,罗伊?他在那。
You alright there, Roy?He was there.
在犯罪现场。
At the crime scene.
是的。你之前这么说。不。
Yeah. You said that.No.
不,不仅仅是他的指纹。
No, not just his prints.
第二天早上他就在那里当我们在那里的时候。
He was there the next morningwhen we were there.
这就是你吗记住,
Is this what you'reremembering,
在犯罪现场看到他?
seeing him at the crime scene?
这家伙的印记是在屋子里。全部都在它身上。
This guy's prints areat the house. All over it.
他出现在犯罪现场第二天早上。
He turns up to the crime scenethe next morning.
我们和他说话。
We talk to him.
他当时的不在场证明谋杀案的
His alibi for the timeof the murder
就是他一个人在家。
is that he was home alone.
我们不跟进。
And we don't follow it up.
我们不和他的朋友说话
We don't talk to his friends,
我们不说话给他的邻居。
we don't talkto his neighbors.
艾萨克·塞缪尔的版画满屋子都是。
Isaac Samuel's printswere all over the house.
他有动机他承认了。
He had motiveand he confessed.
这没有道理。
It doesn't make sense.
好吧,现在没关系。死人不会说话。
Well, it doesn't matter now.The dead don't talk.
是的,也许吧。
Yeah, maybe.
但他们确实留下了屎。
But they do leave shit behind.
从灰烬到灰烬,从尘埃到尘埃,
From ashes to ashes,from dust to the dust,
一定是这样。
so it must be.
天啊,我们所有欢乐的精神,
Oh, God,the spirit of all our joys,
我们快乐的原因,
the cause of our delights,
的荣耀我们最黑暗的夜晚。
the glory ofour darkest nights.
呃,芬恩夫人?
Uh, Mrs. Finn?
我叫罗伊·弗里曼。
My name's Roy Freeman.
我,呃…
I, uh...
我明白这是一段非常糟糕的时光,
I understand this isa very bad time,
但我可以问一下吗有几个问题
but can I just aska couple of questions
关于你丈夫?
about your husband?
呃...我是她的丈夫,艾迪。
Uh... I'm her husband, Eddie.
哦,我很抱歉,艾迪。
Oh, I'm so sorry, Eddie.
你好。呃...是另一个芬恩夫人就在这附近的某个地方?
Hi. Uh... is the other Mrs. Finnaround here somewhere?
呃,不。
Uh, no.
她和理查德不是完全是在最好的条件下。
She and Richard weren'texactly on the best of terms.
现在,有什么吗我可以帮你吗?
Now, is there somethingI can help you with?
他是我的兄弟。
He was my brother.
我正在调查一个案例
I'm looking into a case
你哥哥是特别感兴趣。
that your brother wasparticularly interested in.
最近他去拜访死囚
Recently he went to visita death row inmate
他提到他是实际上写一本书
and he mentioned he wasactually writing a book
就此主题而言。
on the subject.
我想知道你是否知道与此有关的任何事情。
I wondered if you knewanything about this.
我要搭车和裘德阿姨一起回家。
I'm gonna get a ridehome with Aunt Jude.
是的。好的?
Yeah.Okay?
好的。好的。
Okay.Okay.
我,呃……就在这儿。
I'm, uh... just over here.
这里。
Here.
我在他的公♥寓♥里找到了它。
I found it in his apartment.
他称之为《镜之书》。
He called itThe Book of Mirrors.
标题不让对我来说有任何意义。
The title doesn't makeany sense to me.
镜之书...
Book of Mirrors...
艾萨克·塞缪尔,那个,呃,死囚,
Isaac Samuel,that, uh, death row inmate,
他说这是关于维德谋杀案?
he said this is aboutthe Wieder murder?
是啊,好吧,如果理查德在这里的话
Yeah, well,if Richard were here,
他可能会称之为犯罪回忆录什么的。
he'd probably call ita crime memoir or some shit.
你读过吗?
You read it?
尽我所能。
Much as I could stomach.
这是一堆自我夸大的垃圾,
It's a bunch ofself-aggrandizing garbage,
你问我。
you ask me.
关于他曾经是的某个女孩大学时期痴迷。
About some girl he wasobsessed with in college.
那么,呃,你们关系并不亲密?
So, uh, you guys weren't close?
你看,我不是这个意思说死者的坏话,
Look, I don't meanto speak ill of the dead,
但理查德不是正是某人
but Richard wasn'texactly someone
你想要的去接近。
that you wantedto get close to.
他用了多久了?
How long had he been using?
毒品?
Drugs?
不,不。
No. No.
我从来不认识他陷入毒品。
I never knew himto be into drugs.
这似乎不是他的事。再说一遍,和理查德一起,
It just didn't seem his thing.Then again, with Richard,
没有什么是真正的看起来怎么样。
nothing was ever reallyhow it seemed.
我的意思是,他总是有点偏离了,
I mean, he'd alwaysbeen a little bit off,
即使当我们还是孩子的时候
even when we were kids,
但去年这个时候甚至在过去几年,
but this last year,last couple of years, even,
只是一些东西看起来不对。
something justdidn't seem right.
有什么不同?
What was different?
我不知道。他是...
I don't know. He was...
焦躁、偏执。
agitated, paranoid.
就像他遇到的一样在那本书里。
Just like he comes acrossin that book.
现在,听着,如果我是你,
Now, listen, if I were you,
我不会浪费太多时间了。
I wouldn't wastetoo much time on it.
好的。我可以保留这个吗?
Okay. I can keep this?
别客气。
Be my guest.
“记忆是一种变化无常的东西。
"Memory is a fickle thing.
我们能回忆起什么,我们做不到的事情。
What we can recall,what we can't.
难得的时刻那永远的印记,
Rare momentsthat forever imprint,
平庸的事,但事实并非如此。
banalities that don't.
苦难如此痛苦,
Sufferings so painful,
它们被埋得很深在我们心灵的深处,
they're buried deepin our mind's recesses,
忘记直到时间把它挖回来。
forgotten till timedigs it back up.
不管记忆如何——好,坏,平庸--
Whatever the memory, though--good, bad, unremarkable--
它永远不会回来一次性完成。
it never comes backall at once.
他们总是分批发放
They're alwaysdoled out in fragments
就像拼图的碎片您必须等待完成。”
like pieces of a puzzleyou have to wait to complete."
“当你得到另一块拼图...
"When you'll getanother puzzle piece...
这是任何人的猜测。
that's anyone's guess.
几个月,几年,可能需要十年。”
Months, years,could be a decade."
理查德·芬恩.
Richard Finn.
“就像以前一样约瑟夫·维德被谋杀。
"Like it was withthe murder of Joseph Wieder.
十年不曾理解它。”
Ten years of neverunderstanding it."
“或者据我所知,误解了。”
"Or as I now know,misunderstanding it."
不。
No.
电影精选列表