呃,她出庭作证了在我正在处理的一个案例中。
Eh, she gave a depositionin a case I was working on.
我只是在跟进。那么,你是警♥察♥吗?
I was just following up.So, you a cop?
以前是。
Used to be.
出色地...
Well...
包在我身上。
On me.
我的祖父是一名警♥察♥。
My grandfather was a cop.
我最近才想起来其实我,呃...
I just recently rememberedI actually, uh...
我喜欢这样做。
I like to do this.
我们都不是吗?
Don't we all?
给黛安.
To Diane.
嘿。你介意我用一下你的浴室吗?
Hey.You mind if I use your bathroom?
就在拐角处,自动点唱机的另一侧。
Just around the corner,other side of the jukebox.
谢谢。
Thanks.
- 你好?- 弗里曼先生?
- Hello?- Mr. Freeman?
我是苏珊·艾弗里回电。
It's Susan Averyreturning your call.
钝器撞击头部。
Blunt object to the head.
嗯,苏珊?来自沃特福德学院。
Um, Susan?From Waterford College.
我有东西给你。
I have something for you.
你确定我抓不到你一杯水?
You sure I can't get youa glass of water?
不,不,我很好。
No, no, I'm fine.
你说你有东西为我?
You said you had somethingfor me?
我不知道原件在哪里。
I don't knowwhere the original is.
可能存储在如果我不得不猜测的话,国防部
Probably in storage atthe DOD, if I had to guess,
但这是唯一的副本我在那里的时候就有过。
but that's the only copyI had from my time there.
镜子效果。
The Mirror Effect.
维德尔非常自豪这项工作的。
Wieder was quite proudof this work.
他以为它会帮助人们
He thoughtit would help people
谁正在受苦和他们的创伤。
who were sufferingwith their trauma.
这是值得获奖的研究。从来没有出版过?
It's award-worthy research.It was never published?
至少不是在他的名下。
At least not under his name.
我不明白。
I don't understand.
我收集你还没读过她的书。
I gatheryou haven't read her book.
她更新了维德的研究有额外的发现
She updated Wieder's researchwith additional findings
她一起挑选这些年来
she culled togetherover the years
她正在攻读博士学位。
she was getting her doctorate.
那么,她偷了他的作品?
So, she stole his work?
它一直在发生在学术研究方面。
It happens all the timein academic research.
再说了,谁会抗♥议♥呢?
Besides, who would protest?
维德尔死了。但你感染了吗?
Wieder's dead.But you contracted it?
事情没那么简单。
It's not as simple as that.
维德去世前,
Before Wieder died,
劳拉·贝恩斯来找我与那份手稿。
Laura Baines came to mewith that manuscript.
是的,我听说她不高兴。
Yeah, I heardshe wasn't happy.
她认领了这项工作是她的。
She claimed the workwas hers.
维德尔没有给她这是她应得的荣誉。
Wieder wasn't giving herthe credit she deserved.
这是胡说八道!他不能就这样吧!
This is bullshit! He can'tjust get away with this!
那么,她是如何发布的呢?
So, how did she publish it?
我们一直在流传它
We'd been circulating it
在一个数字中退伍军人管理局医院,
in a numberof the VA hospitals,
但该部门的优先事项发生了变化。
but the department'spriorities changed.
几年后当我开始在这里工作之后
A few years laterafter I started working here,
我找到了她的书评。
I found her book review.
所以...你为什么不去追她吗?
So... why didn't yougo after her?
什么都没有去追她。
There was nothingto go after her for.
该项目被关闭。
The project was shuttered.
维德尔曾经住过就在这附近,对吗?
Wieder used to livearound here, right?
到了栗子上。显然房♥子还是空着。
Over on Chestnut. Apparentlythe house is still empty.
钝器撞击头部。
Blunt object to the head.
有什么迹象吗?
Any sign of it?
不,几只蝙蝠不过在车♥库♥里。
No. Couple of batsin the garage, though.
少了一个吧?
One's missing, right?
那里的管♥理♥员♥说他们是全部由名人堂成员签名,
Caretaker there said they wereall signed by Hall of Famers,
所以可能值得很多钱。
so probably wortha lot of money.
你想去跟他谈谈吗?
You wanna go talk to him?
我会。快点。先生。
I will. Come on.Sir.
你在那里得到了什么,罗伊?
What you got there, Roy?
一直没找到凶器
Never did findthe murder weapon
维德案,是吗?
from the Wieder case, did you?
你把这个放在这里?
You put this here?
把它放回去在洞里,罗伊。
Put it backin the hole, Roy.
你们俩都进去吧。
Both of youse, get inside.
为什么你不能听我说好吗?
Why couldn't youjust listen to me?
只是你放不下而已您可以...吗?!
You just couldn't let it go,could you?!
你做了什么,吉姆?
What did you do, Jim?
我做了什么?
What did I do?
我清理了这个他妈的一团糟。
I cleaned thisfucking mess up.
十年前。难道你不还记得这些吗?
Ten years ago. Don't youremember any of this?
黛安做了什么?黛安?
What Diane did?Diane?
她告诉了我你所知道的。
She told me what you knew.
黛安·林奇?
Diane Lynch?
离我远点!
Get away from me!
来自您最喜欢的酒吧。
From your favorite bar.
她是其中之一维德的病人。
She was one ofWieder's patients.
够了,劳拉。
Enough, Laura.
我告诉你了我会处理这件事。
I told youI would take care of this.
哦。
Oh.
你们认识吗?
You know each other?
我懂了。
I see.
那么,你们是在一起的吗?
So, you're in this together?
- 操♥我♥。- 不,我明白了。
- Fuck me.- No, I get it.
我明白了,吉米。
I get it, Jimmy.
你妻子病得很重。
Your wife got really sick.
你负债累累。
You got deep in debt.
她也随之而来,付钱给你杀死维德
She comes along,pays to you kill Wieder
这样她就可以出版她的书
so she can publish her book,
你呢,你铁路艾萨克塞缪尔,
and you,you railroad Isaac Samuel,
把这一切都掩盖起来。
cover it all up.
不,不,不,不,不。我没有付钱让他杀死维德。
No, no, no, no, no. I did notpay him to kill Wieder.
我们直到在你发生事故之后。
We didn't meet untilafter your accident.
我的生活被毁了。
My life was destroyed.
我面临失败多年的临床研究。
I was facing losingyears of clinical research.
名字“劳拉·贝恩斯”
The name "Laura Baines"
总会有关联发生了什么事。
would always be associatedwith what happened.
然后你的伴侣出现了,问各种各样的问题。
Then your partner showed up,asking all kinds of questions.
我不知道他想要什么但他不会放弃
I didn't know what he wanted,but he wouldn't let up
我很害怕。
and I was so scared.
哦,操你,劳拉!
Oh, fuck you, Laura!
所以,我……离开了。
So, I... left.
我搬家了,改了名字,重新开始,
I moved, changed my name,started over,
完成研究并出版了我的书,
completed the researchand published my book,
希望我会再也见不到他了。
hoping I wouldnever see him again.
但是几年前,
But then, a few years ago,
理查德·芬开始四处探索。
Richard Finnstarted poking around.
她是一位作家。伊丽莎白·韦斯特莱克。
She's an author.Elizabeth Westlake.
但她改变了。以前是劳拉·贝恩斯。
But she changed it.It used to be Laura Baines.
她一定已经采取了维德死后的作品。
She must have takenWieder's work after he died.
你问我她是杀了他的人。
You ask me,she's the one who killed him.
然后不知何故,你的伴侣找到了我
Then somehow,your partner found me
他出现了伸出手,
and he turned upwith his hand out,
而这一次,是为了钱。
and this time, it's for money.
这一切,这一切都只是他妈的胡说八道,罗伊。
All this, all this is justfucking bullshit, Roy.
我不是说假话。他勒索我。
I'm not lying.He blackmailed me.
他说他会公开证明我的书不是我的作品
He said he'd go public withproof my book wasn't my work
除非我付钱给他。
unless I paid him.
所以,你杀了理查德·芬也是
So, you killedRichard Finn too
万一他也有同样的想法呢?
in case he got the same idea?
我没有杀任何人。
I didn't kill anyone.
她以同样的方式杀死了芬恩她杀了维德。
She killed Finn the same wayshe killed Wieder.
芬恩正在写一本书关于谋杀案
Finn's writing a bookabout the murder
他认为你杀了维德。
and he thinksyou killed Wieder.
电影精选列表