你知道一些事情?
You know something?
十年后...
Ten years from now...
我们会回头看到这顿晚餐
we'll look backto this dinner
我们只会记住
and all we'll remember is
莱奥维尔巴顿城♥堡♥。
the Chateau Leoville Barton.
哦,我对此表示怀疑。
Oh, I doubt that.
心灵取代记忆每时每刻。
The mind replaces memoriesall the time.
这是其接线所固有的。
It's innate to its wiring.
特别是如果你喝酒太多了。
Especially if you drinktoo much.
做事。
Do the thing.
- 唔?- 快点!
- Hmm?- Come on!
这不是聚会的把戏。
It's not a party trick.
等待。她是什么谈论什么?
Wait. What is shetalking about?
它有助于解释我们正在做什么。
It helps explainwhat we're working on.
好吧。选择一个记忆。唔?
Okay, then. Pick a memory. Hmm?
从你的童年开始。任何事物。
From your childhood. Anything.
物体、时刻、人。
Objects, moments, people.
任何你可以的容易回忆起来吗?
Anything you caneasily recall?
呃...
Uh...
- 好的。- 呃...
- Okay.- Uh...
我记得我们有过这张绿色长毛地毯
I remember we hadthis green shag rug
还有,呃...
and, uh...
...四只金鱼
...four goldfish
以《KISS》中的人物命名。
named after the guys in KISS.
那是一段美好的回忆。
That's a good memory.
怎么样?你希望你能忘记吗?
How about something thatyou wish you could forget?
嗯...
Um...
你的父母打过你吗?
Did your parents ever hit you?
不。
No.
你有没有迷路过
Did you ever get lost
在购物中心或者大超♥市♥?
in a shopping mallor a big supermarket?
我的意思是……想想看,有一次
I mean... come to think of it,there was this one time
我们去了一家玩具店,还有,呃...
we went to a toy store,and, uh...
我……我找不到我妈妈。
I... I couldn't find my mom.
你害怕吗?
Were you scared?
我的意思是,我还没有想了一下
I mean, I haven'tthought about it
既然事情发生了,但是……
since it happened, but...
是的。
Yeah.
我到处寻找她。
I looked for her everywhere.
你最终找到了她吗?
And you eventually found her?
呃……在外面抽烟。
Uh... outside smoking.
呵呵。这很疯狂。
Huh. It's... crazy.
我已经忘记了这一切。
I'd forgotten all that.
在,呃……心脏处我们的研究,呃...
At the, uh... the heartof our research, uh...
乔的研究
Joe's research
是大多数人的论点经历创伤,
is the thesis that most peopleexperience trauma,
但头脑受阻那些回忆
but the mind blocksthose memories
从实际呈现开始。
from ever actually presenting.
你的创伤那天经历的
The trauma youexperienced that day
是你的母亲抛弃你。
was your motherabandoning you.
你还是个孩子。易受伤害的。
You were a child. Vulnerable.
事实上你的母亲实际上可能会伤害你
And that fact that your mothermight actually harm you
太痛苦了,无法处理。
is too traumatic to process.
所以你压抑了它从记忆里。
So you suppressed itfrom memory.
但那次创伤的影响
But the effects of that trauma
仍然徘徊在你的潜意识里
still lingerin your subconscious
并成为织物的一部分你是谁。
and become part of the fabricof who you are.
哇。好的。
Wow. Okay.
那是...
That's...
治疗与晚餐。
Therapy with dinner.
干杯。
Cheers.
理查德.
Richard.
你愿意跟我一起去吗?
Would you come with me?
我有东西我想给你展示一下。唔?
I've got somethingI'd like to show you. Hmm?
好的。
Okay.
好的。那是很多书。
Okay.That's a lot of books.
我可以每周给你 500 美元来组织它。
I can offer you $500 a weekto organize it.
对它们进行分类以电子方式,
To classify themelectronically,
当你可以的时候,直到你完成为止
when you can, until you're done,
如果我不得不猜测的话不会很快。
which, if I had to guess,won't be anytime soon.
我...我的意思是,我真的不知道该说什么。呃...
I... I mean, I don't reallyknow what to say. Uh...
劳拉告诉我什么发生在你父亲身上的事
Laura told me about whathappened to your father
以及情况你在里面。
and the situationthat you're in.
所以你可能想要只要说你会做到的。
So you might want tojust say you'll do it.
谢谢。
Thank you.
“为 Wieder 工作是一个梦想。
"Working for Wiederwas a dream.
新世界打开了。
New worlds opened up.
精选的集♥合♥世界上最伟大的思想家。
A curated collection ofthe world's greatest thinkers.
每两个我会编目...
For every twoI'd catalog...
我会找到自己阅读另一本。
I'd find myselfreading another.
不过,最终,所有我在 Wieder 度过的时光
Eventually, though, allthe time I spent at Wieder's
让我接触到一些东西我没想到。”
exposed me to somethingI wasn't expecting."
更多书籍?是的。
More books?Yeah.
教授想要我捐赠它们,
The professor wants meto donate them,
但有一些好东西在这里。
but there's some good shitin here.
说,呃,蝙蝠怎么了?
Say, uh, what's with the bats?
他父亲的。
His dad's.
我猜,收集了它们。
Collected them, I guess.
也签了。
Signed too.
威利·麦考维。艾尔·卡琳.
Willie McCovey. Al Kaline.
特德·威廉姆斯。
Ted Williams.
你想完成这个吗?我得工作了。
You wanna finish this?I gotta work.
是的。当然。
Yeah. Sure.
谢谢。
Thanks.
“笑声。”是的。
"A laugh."Yeah.
“一只手擦过手臂。”
"A hand grazing an arm."
“有一件事很清楚。”
"One thing's clear."
嘿,是我。
Hey, it's me.
抱歉,但我已经准备今晚的晚餐。
I'm sorry, but I haveto bag on dinner tonight.
我被困在办公室帮助乔,
I'm stuck at the officehelping Joe,
但是我会,呃...我会见到你当我回到家时。
but I'll, uh... I'll see youwhen I get home.
“劳拉·贝恩斯不仅仅是
"Laura Baines was more than
只是约瑟夫·维德的研究员。”
just Joseph Wieder'sresearch fellow."
我应该正在工作。
I'm supposedto be working.
你没有吗明天要交一份研究论文吗?
Don't you havea research paper due tomorrow?
是的。
Yeah.
我有这么多病人要转录的注释。
I have so many patientnotes to transcribe.
停止!
Stop!
天啊。你喜欢那个吗?
Oh, God.Do you like that?
你知道我喜欢那样。
You know I like that.
你知道我会的。
You know I do.
“尽管我们在一起度过了一段时光,
"Despite our time together,
我不知道劳拉·贝恩斯根本没有。”
I didn't knowLaura Baines at all."
“当我发现那份手稿...
"And when I foundthat manuscript...
我意识到我不是唯一一个。”
I realizedI wasn't the only one."
你饿了吗?
Are you hungry?
噢!嗨。我不知道你在家。
Oh, hey. I didn't knowyou were home.
你那里有什么?我不知道。
What have you got there?I don't know.
我发现它在,呃...
I found it in, uh...
它被安置在后面在一些书的后面。
It was lodged in the back therebehind some books.
哦。呵呵。
Oh. Huh.
劳拉。如此渴望。
Laura. So eager.
哦。
Oh.
快点。午餐变冷之前。
Come on.Before lunch gets cold.
理查德,你喜欢做饭吗?
Do you like to cook, Richard?
我真的不知道怎么办。
I don't really know how.
嗯,你应该学习。
Well, you should learn.
也许你很擅长,也许你不是,嗯?
Maybe you're good at it,maybe you're not, hmm?
实验。
Experiment.
嗯嗯。
Mm-hm.
电影精选列表