“这一切都是因为她。
"And all because of her.
劳拉·贝恩斯。
Laura Baines.
她是其中之一那些稀有的独角兽
She was oneof those rare unicorns
谁知道一切关于一切。”
who knew everythingabout everything."
没有人更好地利用半音阶对位法
Nobody made better useof chromatic counterpoint
比拉赫玛尼诺夫。
than Rachmaninoff.
“双学士学位
"Double bachelor's in
艺术史和神经科学。”
art history and neuroscience."
...较低皮质醇水平之间以及他们的倾向...
...between lower cortisol levelsand their predisposition...
“数学硕士。”
"A master's in math."
美丽奥德利兹科所展示的
The beautyof what Odlyzko showed
是不是分布...
is that the distribution...
“会说五种语言。”
"Spoke five languages."
“她清楚地知道自己是谁。
"She knew exactly who she was.
如果我当时这么做就好了。”
If only I did back then."
拳头怎么样?
How's the punch?
你曾经的样子鬼鬼祟祟地四处走动,
The way you've beenskulking around,
等待你的时刻来跟我说话,
waiting for your momentto come and talk to me,
我想你至少会出现与更好的东西,
I figured you'd at least come upwith something better than,
“拳打得怎么样?”
"How's the punch?"
我没有偷偷摸摸。
I wasn't skulking.
不只是偷偷摸摸。斜视也。
Not just skulking.Leering too.
哦!鬼祟和斜视。
Oh! Skulking and leering.
你让我听起来像我是一个连环杀手。
You're making me sound likeI'm a serial killer.
嗯,我可以说我什么时候认识你的
Well, I can sayI knew you when.
我是,呃,理查德。我知道。
I'm, uh, Richard.I know.
它在你的胸口。
It's on your chest.
哦。正确的。
Oh. Right.
然而,呃,你在这里,
And yet, uh, here you are,
无名且笼罩在神秘中。似乎不公平。
nameless and shroudedin mystery. Seems unfair.
“噢,名字到底意味着什么?
"Oh, what's in a name, really?
我们称之为玫瑰的东西以任何其他名称。”
That which we call a roseby any other name."
哦,太好了!
Oh, great!
另一个吟游诗人。
Another bardolater.
那么,呃,你的论文是什么关于?
So, uh, what's your thesisabout?
嗯...不!别告诉我。
Um...No! Don't tell me.
让我猜猜。好的。好的。
Let me guess. Okay.Okay.
呃……大概是有争议的事情。
Uh... it's probablysomething controversial.
大概。是的。
Probably.Yeah.
好的,“跨性别干扰
Okay, "Cross Gender Interference
在《仲夏夜之梦》中。”
in A Midsummer Night's Dream."
繁荣。
Boom.
很接近了。
Close.
《记忆再巩固》
"Memory Reconsolidation
通过加速解决疗法。”
Through AcceleratedResolution Therapy."
哦。吟游诗人之一鲜为人知的作品。
Oh. One of the Bard'slesser known works.
嗯...
Um...
心理学系。我是劳拉。
Psychology department.I'm Laura.
什么,你就是喜欢崩溃其他部门的搅拌机?
What, you just like to crashother departments' mixers?
哦,呃,不,我和一个朋友一起来的。
Oh, uh, no,I came with a friend.
嗯,确实是同事。维德尔教授。
Well, a colleague, really.Professor Wieder.
我正在帮助他经过一些研究
I'm helping himwith some research
他正在管理我的论文。
and he's administeringmy thesis.
正确的。
Right.
论记忆重建
On memory reconstruction
通过加速的和解?
through the acceleratedreconciliation?
《记忆再巩固》通过...”
"Memory ReconsolidationThrough..."
好的。
Yeah, okay.
不,抱歉。我只是现在对你很严厉。
No. Sorry. I'm justbeing hard on you now.
就是有点拗口。
It is a bit of a mouthful.
你能实现多少个愿望?
How many wishes do you get?
哦。
Oh.
它,呃...它属于给我的祖母。
It, uh... It belongedto my grandmother.
我在某处读过
I read somewhere
那个,呃,当一个女人玩弄她的珠宝,
that, uh, when a womanplays with her jewelry,
这意味着她在调情与你。
it means she's flirtingwith you.
哦!真的吗?唔。
Oh! Really? Hmm.
好吧,你不应该相信你读过的一切。
Well, you shouldn't believeeverything you read.
好的。
Okay.
掐死我吧!
Choke me!
什么?
What?
做吧!
Do it!
更难!
Harder!
哦!哦!
Oh! Oh!
“从那一刻起,
"From that moment on,
就像我们一样密不可分。”
it was like we wereinseparable."
“在接下来的几个月里,
"For the next few months,
我们一起做所有事情。
we did everything together.
她让我感觉最好的自己。”
She made me feel likethe best version of myself."
所以你怎么看?
So... what do you think?
我觉得怎么样?
What do I think?
我觉得你♥他♥妈♥的太棒了,理查德。
I think you're fuckingbrilliant, Richard.
我的意思是,其他人需要阅读你的作品。
I mean, other peopleneed to read your work.
您应该将其发送至...至《哈珀杂♥志♥》、《大西洋月刊》、
You should send it to...to Harper's, The Atlantic,
所有的大小说破烂不堪。
all the big fiction rags.
“就像我一样体验世界
"It was like I wasexperiencing the world
第一次通过她的眼睛。”
for the first timethrough her eyes."
你太有才华了。谢谢。
You're so talented.Thanks.
只需,呃,一秒钟。对不起。
Just, uh, one second. Sorry.
嗨,妈妈。
Hey, Mom.
“但不是一切看起来很红润。”
"But not everythingwas looking rosy."
嗯。
Uh-huh.
“我们见面几个月后,
"A few months after we met,
我的父亲死于心脏病。
my fatherdied of a heart attack.
我妈妈买♥♥不起我的食宿。
My mother couldn't affordmy room and board.
劳拉想帮忙
Laura wanted to help
这就是我第一次见面约瑟夫·维德教授。”
and that's how I first metProfessor Joseph Wieder."
劳拉。欢迎!
Laura. Welcome!
呃,抱歉我们来晚了。
Uh, sorry we're late.
不是问题。你好。
Not a problem.Hi.
你好!
Hello!
必须完成通话无论如何,我们在华盛顿的朋友。
Had to finish a call withour friend in DC, anyway.
啊!嗯嗯。嗯嗯。
Ah! Mm-hm.Mm-mm.
你一定是理查德。
You must be Richard.
劳拉告诉了我很多关于你。
Laura's told me a lotabout you.
一切都是谎言,我确信。
All lies, I'm sure.
夸张和半真半假。
Exaggerations and half-truths.
那些我可以忍♥受的人。
Those I can live with.
我们感觉像马提尼酒吗?
Do we feel like martinis?
当然。是的!
Sure.Yes!
所以,理查德,劳拉告诉我你想成为一名小说家。
So, Richard, Laura tells meyou want to be a novelist.
实际上是文学回忆录。
Literary memoir, actually.
嗯!哦?
Mmm!Oh?
我不熟悉。
I'm not familiar.
嗯,你看,
Well, you see,
传统的回忆录是某人的人生故事。
a traditional memoir issomeone's life story.
类型不重要带着真理的疑问,
The genre's not concernedwith questions of truth,
想象力、记忆力、风格。
imagination, memory, style.
文学回忆录有那么是虚构的元素吗?
Literary memoir hasa fictional element, then?
不,不,我不会这么称呼它虚构的,真的。
No, no, I wouldn't call itfictional, really.
不。哦。对不起。
No.Oh. Sorry.
不,你看,呃,作者的
No, you see, uh, the author's
讲述故事的真♥相♥
telling the truth of the story
因为他相信这是真的。
as he believes it to be true.
他们。正如他们所相信的那样是真实的。
They. As they believe itto be true.
自我认知和个人经历
Self-perceptionand personal experience
参与其中。
have a part in it.
好的。
Okay.
再来点酒?
More wine?
请。是的!
Please.Yes!
电影精选列表