所以 爸爸明天要去内华达州
So, um... Dad is heading to Nevada tomorrow.
发生这种事真是太糟了
Oh, it's terrible what happened.
在那边要注意安全
Please be safe over there, okay?
我们会的 而且我保证我会弥补你的
Yeah, we will. And I promise I'm gonna make it up to you, honey.
爸 真的没关系
Dad, it's really no problem.
开过去没什么大不了的
The drive is not that bad.
等等 不如我带你过去吧
Wait. Why don't I take you up there.
我要飞去旧金山开会
I'm flying up to San Francisco for a meeting.
我们可以开完会再去西雅图
We can head up to Seattle right after.
这样我就有机会去看排球赛了
It'll give me an opportunity to catch a volleyball game.
好主意
That's a good idea.
这样你妈妈搬进来的时候
And it'll give your mom a chance
也不会嫌我碍手碍脚的
to get all her stuff moved in without me in the way.
是啊
Right.
你们要搬到一起住吗
You guys movin' in?
对 我打算告诉你的
Yeah. I-I was meaning to tell you,
但我们之前没找到机会...
but we haven't had a chance to...
恭喜
Congratulations.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
Thanks.
真棒
That's great.
到那之后给我打电♥话♥
Call me when you get there.
-我会的 -好的
- I will. - All right.
我爱你 爸爸 你千万小心啊
I love you, dad. You be careful, please.
我会的 我会的 我也爱你
I will, I will. I love you, too.
我去拿她的自行车
I'll get her bike.
我很遗憾 你们不能一起去
I'm sorry you guys can't go up there together.
对 我也很遗憾
Yep. Me, too.
雷 雷
Ray. Ray.
我本来要告诉你的
I was gonna tell you.
我们刚刚决定的
We just decided to do it.
别担心
Don't worry about it.
如果你想要他们
Hey, if you want them --
我也会把你寄来的那些文件签了
I'll get those papers signed for you, too.
那是一个星期日下午
Um, it was a Sunday afternoon.
很明显 人们没去上班
Um, obviously, people weren't at work.
他们也没睡着
They weren't as-- asleep.
即便如此 我们也知道破坏程度非常...
Even so, we know the devastation was fairly...
真严重
This is bad.
对
Yeah.
我们什么时候出发
What time we headin' out?
14时30分 大家在准备工具
Fourteen-thirty. Guys are preppin' the gear now.
好 我们开工吧
All right. Let's get to work.
正在进行的救援行动极其复杂
It's a fairly sophisticated rescue operation underway.
所以是丹尼尔的人送她上学了
So this Daniel guy's taking Blake now?
换成我 我就直接请假了
I woulda just called in sick.
所以我是老大 你不是
Uh, it's why I'm the boss and you're not.
我很确定 没有你我们也能应付几天
Oh, pretty sure we can manage a few days without ya.
你鞋带开了
Shoe's untied.
你在逗我吗
Are you kidding me?!
布雷克
Blake.
我想让你知道
I want you to know that I respect
我尊重你和你♥爸♥爸之间的感情
what you and your dad have.
我知道你妈妈搬来住
And I know that your mom moving in
是很重大的一步
has to feel like a pretty big step.
但我永远都不会试着改变
But I'm never gonna try to change
你们父女间的感情 也不会试着取代他
what you have with him or take his place.
好吗
Okay?
好
Yeah.
那就好
Okay, cool.
为什么你没有孩子
Hey, how come you never had kids?
我有孩子
Oh, I did.
这就是其中之一
This is one of them right here.
她为旧金山的景色
She's a pretty nice addition
-增添了魅力 是不是 -"大门"
- to the San Francisco skyline, don't you think? - "The gate."
-名字很好记 是吧 -对 我喜欢它
- Catchy, right? - Yeah, I like it.
妈妈以前跟我说过
Mom was telling me about this.
她说这是城市中最高的建筑 是吗
She said it's the tallest building in the city, right?
它完工后 就会是最高的
When it's finished, it'll be the tallest,
也是最坚固的建筑 而且已经卖♥♥出去八成了
strongest and it's already eighty percent sold.
但说实话 我觉得我没有孩子
But, honestly, I guess I never had any kids
是因为我总是忙着建造[养育]高楼大厦
'cause I was always so busy raising these.
妈妈发短♥信♥说 她今天要和你姐姐共进午餐
Mom texted. She's having lunch with your sister today.
对 她进城没几天
Yeah, she's only in town for a few days
很想见她
and really wanted to meet her.
但我有点紧张
I'm a little nervous though.
苏珊可能有点保护欲过强
Susan can be kind of overprotective.
谢谢
Thank you.
乔纳森
Jonathan.
早上好 雷迪克先生
Good morning, Mr. Riddick.
早上好 你自己没问题吧 布雷克
Morning. Gonna be okay, Blake?
没问题
Yeah, I'll be fine.
你好
Hi.
你好
Hello.
抱歉 劳伦斯 需要我给你拿点什么吗
I'm sorry, Lawrence. Can I get you anything?
不用了 阿列克谢 谢谢
No. I'm fine, Alexi. Thank you.
你真的想待在这吗
Are you sure you want to be here?
说实话 我确实需要分分心
I can use the distraction, actually.
什么事
Yeah?
外面有个记者
There's a reporter outside.
她说她在写一篇关于内华达事件的文章
Says she's doing a segment on what happened in Nevada.
我去告诉她 现在不合适
I'm gonna tell her that it's not a good time.
不 等一下
No, wait a minute.
金为了这个结果付出了生命
Kim gave his life for this.
人们得知道
People need to know
我们现在可以预测地震了
that we can predict these things now.
劳伦斯·海耶斯教授与金·帕克博士合著
你想要一本吗
You want a copy?
我这里还有一千多本存货呢
I got about a thousand in storage.
我想 大地颤抖之前 没人会听我们的
No one listens to us until the ground shakes, I guess.
他们把你同事的遭遇告诉我了
You know, they told me what happened to your colleague.
我们不必马上就开始
We don't have to do this now.
不 有必要
Yeah, we do.
我们可以开始了
We're good to go.
-好 -好
- Okay. - OKay.
开始
Rolling.
第一个问题
First question:
为什么没人预见内华达州的惨剧呢
how come no one saw what happened in Nevada coming?
因为我们之前不知道那边有断层
Because we didn't know there were any fault lines out there.
为什么不知道
Why not?
与公众认知相反的是
Contrary to popular belief,
科学家并不是万事通
scientists don't know everything.
我理解你曾公开说过 总有一天
I understand that you publicly stated that, someday,
科学家能够预测地震
scientists will be able to predict earthquakes.
其实就是昨天起
Well, actually as of yesterday,
我们现在相信 我们可以预测地震
we now believe that we can predict them.
教授
Professor!
跟你说句话
Talk to you a sec?
好 我很抱歉 失陪一下
Yeah. I'm sorry. Excuse me.
怎么了
What is it?
这是观测站的电流脉冲频率
Current pulse rates at our monitoring stations.
全都是沿着圣安地列斯断层的
All along the San Andreas Fault.
平均值高达82到85
Their averages are spiking from eighty-two to eighty-five,
激增最快处是在旧金山
with the biggest jumps coming from San Francisco.
比我们在内华达看见的
More than twenty points higher
还高20个百分点
than what we saw in Nevada.
不不不 不可能这样
No. No, no, no. There's no way.
我们检查过了 而且我们复核过了
We checked. We double-checked.
然后我们又重置所有仪器
Then we reset all the instruments
检查了第三遍 数据就是这样的
and triple-checked. Those are the counts.
等一下 等一下