that shows just how important
我们现在进行的研究是多么重要
the research that we're doing here is,
因为我们需要能够预警这样的灾难
because we need to be able to predict these things.
是吧 要能够提前做好应对
Right? To plan and prepare for them.
-这位女士 -教授 您认为
- Yes, ma'am. - Professor, do you think
我们这里可能发生剧烈地震吗
something that intense could happen here?
圣安地列斯断层
Well, the San Andreas fault
贯穿整个加利福尼亚州
runs right up the spine of California.
这里是两大不断移♥动♥的
It's the demarcation line
构造板块的分界线
between two tectonic plates that are constantly moving.
另外补充一个事实 每隔一百五十年左右
Well, and add to that the fact that it's supposed to happen
都应该会发生一次大地震
every one hundred and fifty years,
而我们已经超时一百年了
and we're about a hundred years overdue.
要我说这不是会不会发生的问题
I'd say it's not a matter of if.
而是什么时候发生的问题
It's a matter of when.
该死 哥斯拉
Damn, Godzilla.
这次你♥他♥妈♥又对她做了什么
What the hell did you do to her this time?
跟一辆车玩了次拔河
Played a little tug of war with a car.
你什么时候能修好她
How soon before you get her fixed?
我今天会给马丁内斯打电♥话♥
I'll call Martinez today.
把一架新飞机送去保养
Get a new one sent over to maintenance.
埃尔金 你再走快一点屁♥股♥就要骨折了
Elgin, you move any faster, you're gonna break that hip.
哈里森说你要请假陪布雷克几天
Harrison said you're taking off with Blake for a few days.
是的 明天出发
Yeah. Leavin' tomorrow.
把她送回学校去
Driving her back up to school.
排球队本周末举♥行♥第一场比赛
Volleyball team has their first game this weekend,
我打算沿着海岸线开上去 露个营什么的
so I figured we'd cruise up the coast. Do a little campin'.
老兄 我不敢相信她都上大学了
Dude, I can't believe she's in college already.
是啊 时间过得太快了
I know. Too fast, brother.
-等会儿进去找你 -好
- I'll catch you inside. - All right, man.
教授
教授
劳伦斯 我有东西要给你看
Lawrence, I gotta show you something.
是吗 放松 放松
Yeah? Aha. Easy. Easy.
我们在内华达州的法尔科检测到
Now, we got a rare low-level seismic swarm
罕见的频繁小震
out in Falco, Nevada.
整整二十三次2.0到2.6级之间的小震
Twenty-three small quakes, all tiny.
都发生在过去二十四小时之内
2.0 to 2.6 in the last twenty-four hours.
好吧 内华达州的法尔科在哪
Okay. Where the hell is Falco, Nevada?
维加斯东南方向约五十公里
Thirty-five miles southeast of Vegas,
离胡佛大坝大概八公里
Maybe five miles from the Hoover dam.
好吧
Right.
那边并没有断层
There aren't any faults out there.
没有已知的断层
Any known faults.
如果我们能在小震持续期间过去
Now, if we get there while the mini quakes continue,
就能验证我们的理论
we can test our theory.
如果地震发生前磁脉冲率升高
And if the magnetic pulse rate goes up before the quakes...
那我们就能预测地震
then we're predicting them.
那我们就能预测地震
Then we are predicting them.
那好 我们去探个究竟
All right. Let's go check it out.
-你好 爸爸 -你好 宝贝
- Hi, Dad. - Hey, sweetie.
你车上有没有位置放我的单车
I was wondering if there was room for my bike.
我想着到时能骑车去上课
I thought that I could ride it to class
这样就不用买♥♥停车卡了
and then I wouldn't have to buy a parking pass.
这主意不错
That's a great idea.
我肯定能腾出地方塞下车子的
I'm sure I could figure out a way to fit it in.
那就好
All right, great.
我没在我妈这里找到自行车钥匙
Um, I can't find the key to the lock at mom's,
不是在我梳妆台左边最上面的抽屉里
so it's either in the top left drawer of my dresser
就是在我衣柜顶上粉色的鞋盒里
or on top of the wardrobe in my pink shoe box.
好吧 没问题 我去找
Hm? Okay, no problem. I'll find it.
你今晚有安排吗
Don't know if you have plans tonight,
我想带你去吃晚餐
but I would love to take you to dinner.
你还可以请上你妈
You could even invite your mom along.
-应该会很有趣 -谢啦 爸爸
- Could be fun. - Oh, thanks, Dad.
我们跟丹尼尔已经有安排了
But we already have plans with Daniel.
爸
Dad?
-你没事吧 -我当然没事
- Are you Okay? - Yeah, of course I am.
没事 完全没事
Totally cool. No problem at all.
好吧 那我们明天见
Okay. I'll see you tomorrow, then.
好
Okay.
对了 别忘了单车钥匙
Oh, and don't forget the bike key.
不会忘的 我记住了
I won't. I got it.
老爸再见 我爱你
Bye, Dad. I love you.
好 我也爱你 宝贝
Okay. I love you, too, honey.
再见
Bye.
你们快过来 我们照张相
Come here, you guys. Let's take a picture.
劳伦斯 真是不可思议
Lawrence, it's incredible.
这已经是我们过来以后第三波小震了
This is the third mini quake since we've been here.
每一次发生之前
And the magnetic pulse rate has increased
磁脉冲率都升高了
before each one of them.
我们抓住规律了 我的朋友
We got a pattern, my friend.
刚刚是2.0级 我们的模型能够预测
That was a 2.0. Our model's predictive.
我们终于成功了
Oh! We got it right, man! Finally!
是啊
Yep, we sure did.
该死
Oh, shit.
怎么了
What's wrong?
脉冲信♥号♥♥又上升了 这次极强
Pulse rates are spikin' again. They're huge.
你说真的吗
Are you serious?
金
Kim?
要发生一场强震了
We're about to have a major quake.
数字升到了7.1级
It jumped to a 7.1!
天啊 金
Jesus, Kim!
你赶紧出来
Get the hell outta there!
大家赶快离开大坝 快点
Everybody get off the dam! Move! Now! Now!
大家快跑 快点
Everybody off! Hurry up!
待在安全桩后面
Stay behind the barriers!
快快快 待在护栏后面
Come on! Come on! Come on! Stay behind the barriers!
金 快点
Kim! Hurry!
过来 我帮你
Come here. I got ya.
天啊 我的上帝
Oh, my God! Please! Oh, my God!
金 快点
Kim! Hurry up!
劳伦斯
Lawrence!
金
Kim!
不 不
No! No!
闭上你的眼睛
Close your eyes.
天呐
God!
你没事吧
Are you okay?
内华达州南部今天发生了一场
The southern part of Nevada was rocked today
内华达发生强震 立刻归队
被地震学家们形容为
by what seismologists are calling
该地区"最具毁灭性"的强震
the most destructive earthquake ever reported in that area.
官方声明称胡佛大坝被完全摧毁
Officials are saying that Hoover dam is a total loss.
哈瓦苏湖城 尼德尔斯 布莱斯及罗林
Lake Havasu City, Needles, Blythe and Laughlin
也都遭受了巨大破坏
also suffered major damage.
包括洛杉矶消防局空中救援组在内的
Additional support from Los Angeles
救灾支援力量
including LAFD air rescue,
将在24小时之内到达
is expected to begin arriving in the next 24 hours.
-受灾损失的报告... -爸爸
- reports that the total loss... - Hi, Dad.
宝贝
Hey, honey.
我们刚看到新闻
We just saw the news.
我知道 我很抱歉
I know. I'm so sorry.
我们明天出发
We're headin' out tomorrow.
我知道 这次灾情非常严重
No, I get it. This one's really bad, dad.
这次灾情是很严重
Yeah, this one's tough.
根据地震发生的形式
Earthquakes can rise and fall in intensity
震级很可能发生巨大变化
during their duration depending on the way...
-见到你很高兴 -我也是
- Good to see - You, too.
-丹尼尔 -雷
- Ah, Daniel. - Ray.
-我们终于见面了 -见到你也很高兴
- Good to finally meet you. -It's good to meet you, too.
你这地方真不错
Heck of a place you got here, man.
-多谢 -不用
- Ah, thank you. - Welcome.