你好 亲爱的
Hello, sweetheart.
有我的信吗
Anything for me?
有一张来自外祖母寄给我们所有人的明信片
Well, there is a postcard here to all of us from grandmary.
没有内莉的信吗
Nothing from Nellie?
恐怕没有
No, I'm afraid not.
我已经好几周没有收到她的来信了
I haven't heard from her in weeks.
这里有一封来自贝德福德山的信
Oh. there's a letter here from mount bedford.
霍金斯太太写的
From Mrs. Hawkins.
写了什么
What does it say?
亲爱的
Oh, dear.
怎么了
What?
内莉的父亲死于流感
Nellie's father has died. From influenza.
哦 不
Oh, no.
可怜的内莉
Poor Nellie.
我可以看看吗
May I see?
她说瑞兰德太太把他们送到了孤儿院
She says that Mrs. Ryland has sent them to an orphanage
在纽约
in New York City.
冷岩孤儿院 你知道它在哪儿吗
Cold rock house. Do you know where it is?
离这里近吗
I-is it near?
应该不难找
It shouldn't be hard to find.
我们能去看她们吗 加德舅舅
Can we go see them, uncle gard?
我明天找到地址了之后 就去孤儿院看一看
I will get the address and stop at the orphanage on my way home tomorrow.
亲爱的内莉 我刚收到你♥爸♥爸的消息
Dear Nellie, I just received word about your dad.
我为你们感到难过 我们都感到难过
I'm so sad for you and the girls. We all are.
但是内德舅舅会让我去见你
But uncle gard is going to arrange for me to see you,
我马上就会去了
and I'll be there in no time.
请尽快回信
Write me back soon as you can.
你的朋友 萨曼莎
Your friend, Samantha.
我在为钢琴课练习
I'm practicing for my piano lesson.
我可以听你弹吗
I'd like to stay and listen. Do you mind?
弹得真好 萨曼莎
That was lovely, Samantha.
你愿意帮忙吗
Would you like to help?
加德舅舅告诉我 你让他想起了我的母亲
Uncle gard told me you remind him of my mother.
我认为这是莫大的荣幸
I take that as a great compliment.
我记得她的头发
I remember her hair
蹭在我的脸上 当她给我晚安吻的时候
in my face when she would kiss me good night.
我不知道为什么我会想到这个
And I don't know why I thought of this,
但她讨厌鸡
but she hated chickens.
鸡
Chickens?
她讨厌它们
She hated them.
是加德
It's gard.
加德舅舅
Uncle gard.
女士们 你们好
Hello, ladies.
看看你们两个
Look at you two.
我真是纽约最幸运的人 不是吗
I'd say I'm the luckiest man in New York, wouldn't you?
你找到孤儿院了吗
Did you find the orphanage?
我找到了
I did.
太好了
Oh, wonderful.
内莉怎么样
How is Nellie?
这个
Well,
他们不让我见她
they didn't let me see her.
什么意思
What do you mean?
这些孤儿不许见不是亲属的访客
The orphans are not allowed to have visitors who are not related.
除非是来收养孤儿的
Unless they are serious about adoption.
太荒谬了
That's preposterous.
为什么
Why?
每个机构都有自己的规则
Each institution has its own rules.
一定有什么办法能让我见她
There must be some way that I could see her.
范德格尔德夫妇为纽约的孤儿院捐了一大笔钱
Mr. and Mrs. vandergeld donate a great deal to New York orphanages.
其中就可能有冷石孤儿院
One of them could well be cold rock.
稍等一下
Excuse me.
你好
Hello?
请帮我接一下第五大道的范德格尔德住♥宅♥
Could you connect me, please, to the vandergeld residence on 5th Avenue?
我是爱德华夫人
I'm Mrs. Edwards.
我早些时候打电♥话♥来要见弗鲁奇太太
I telephoned earlier about seeing Mrs. frouchy.
谢谢
Thank you.
她马上过来
She'll be right with you.
你一定是爱德华夫人
You must be Mrs. Edwards.
我们一直在等你
We've been expecting you.
很高兴见到你
Pleased to meet you.
凡德盖尔德夫人给你发来了你的消息
Mrs. vandergeld sent word of your arrival.
她对你的评价很高
She spoke very highly of you.
对你也是 弗劳希夫人
And of you, Mrs. frouchy.
范德格尔德太太是我们最慷慨的捐助人
Mrs. vandergeld is our most generous benefactor.
现在方便参观吗
Would this be a convenient time for a tour?
是的 当然
Uh, yes. Yes, of course.
莉莉安
Uh, Lillian.
谢谢
Thank you.
你好
Hello.
谢谢
Thank you.
南希 你等等
Nancy, you wait.
不许讲话
No speaking!
夫人
Ma'am.
我相信你一定明白
I'm sure you must understand
对于像这样的女孩 规矩的重要性
the importance of rules for girls like this.
服从 秩序和纪律
Obedience, order, and discipline.
这些能让她们找到寄养家庭
These are the things that will enable them to find homes.
这是小女孩的宿舍
Here is the dormitory for the younger girls.
一直都有这么多孩子吗
Are there always this many?
这些孩子没有足够的床位
There are not enough beds for these children.
有两个女孩今天要离开
2 of the girls are leaving today
去乡下一个好的家庭
to a good home, in the country.
我们稍后会为她们举办一个聚会
We'll have a party for them later.
这里是大一些女孩的宿舍
Here we have the dormitory for the older girls,
9到16岁
9 to 16.
我的侄女可以分发水果吗
May my niece hand out fruit?
是的 当然
Yes, of course.
真是一个可爱 行为端正的孩子
What a lovely, well-behaved child.
谢谢
Thank you.
那么 弗劳希太太
Now then, Mrs. frouchy,
这个宿舍里有几个孩子
how many children do you have in this dormitory?
内莉
Nellie.
萨曼莎
Samantha.
你在这里做什么
What are you doing here?
你还好吗 你脸色好苍白
Are you all right? You are so pale.
看看你的手 拿着
And look at your hands. Here.
戴上我的手套
Take my gloves.
你在楼下看到布里奇特和珍妮了吗 她们还好吗
Did you see Bridget and Jenny downstairs? Are they all right?
你是说你不能见她们吗
You mean you don't get to see them?
他们不让我们一起玩儿
They won't let us play together.
她们肯定以为我已经抛弃她们了
I'm sure they think I've abandoned them.
你不能呆在这里
You cannot stay here.
你能出去吗
Are you ever allowed outside?
只有我出去打扫的时候
Only when I take out the ashes around the back.
每天四点钟
Every day at 4:00.
我们必须让女孩们休息了
We must let the girls rest now.
萨曼莎 我们能走了吗
Um, Samantha, are we ready?
我四点到小巷 可以了
I'll come to the alley, 4:00. Ready.
这个篮子是干什么用的
What's the basket for?
这是装衣服用的
It's for coats.
衣服应该放在衣帽间
Coats go in the coat closet.
这是装你不想要的衣服的
This is for old coats that you don't want anymore.
你为什么想要我们的旧衣服
Why do you want our old coats?
是给孤儿院的
It's for an orphanage.
他们需要各种各样的东西 比如帽子和手套
They need all kinds of things, like hats and gloves
任何能保暖的东西
and a-anything that's warm, really.
她们出不去了 我们要帮助他们
They're stuck there, and we need to help them.
只有你要
Maybe you do.
我家里有一些旧衣服
I have some old coats at home.
它们不合适了 还有手套
They don't fit anymore. And gloves, too.
电影精选列表