别认为我是这样想的
Don't think for a minute that's how I feel.
他们只是嫉妒 刻薄还有小气罢了
They were just jealous and mean and petty.
你是我们的家人 萨曼莎 我想要你在这里
You're our family, Samantha, I want you here.
知道了 科妮莉亚舅妈
Yes, aunt Cornelia.
没有人碰过弗劳希太太的钱
No one touched Mrs. frouchy's money.
我们知道
We know that.
请不要让内莉回去
Please don't make Nellie go back.
他们不能回去
They can't go back there.
我别无选择 萨曼莎
I have no alternative, Samantha.
我必须通知当局他们在这里
I must inform the authorities they are here.
不
No!
你想来点儿茶吗
Would you like some tea?
不 谢谢
No, thank you.
我会说得很简短的
I'll be brief.
在你开口之前 我想说
Before you speak, I'd like to say
我们不会对这个女孩提出指控
that we're not going to press charges against the parkington girl,
只要她把钱还回来
as long as she returns the money she took.
她说她没有拿钱
She claims she didn't take it.
这样啊
Well...
圣诞节的要到了
With Christmas coming,
我们可能不得不再次依赖
we may have to rely once more
像你这样慷慨的捐助者
on generous benefactors such as yourself.
我们不想让孩子们失望
We don't want to disappoint the children.
当然不能
No, we don't.
这就是为什么 弗劳希夫人 我们要替换你
Which is why, Mrs. frouchy, we're replacing you.
什么
What?
你们要干什么
You're what?
董事会对你运营冷石孤儿院的方式
The board of directors is unhappy
很不满意
with the way you've been running cold rock.
我们从来没有想过要资助一所监狱
It was never our intention to fund a prison.
并且有迹象表明 一些资金
And there have been indications for some while that funds...
被挪用了
Have been misappropriated.
你不是认真的吧
You simply can't be serious?
是的
Yes.
我就是认真的 日安
I simply can. Good day.
工厂可以同时生产许多商品
Factories will produce many goods at the same time,
这就是为什么工厂是美国的黄金未来
and that's why factories are the golden future of America.
最后一位演讲者是萨曼莎·帕丁顿
And the final speaker will be Samantha parkington.
美国人为现代化感到自豪
Americans are very proud of being modern.
我们为自己的进步感到自豪
We are proud of our progress,
我们为工厂里的机器
and we're proud of the machines in our factories,
以及它们生产的产品感到自豪
and the products that they make.
但美国人也为自己的诚实感到自豪
But Americans are proud of being truthful, too.
上周 我去了一家工厂
Last week, I went to a factory
我所看到的与我所听过的完全不一样
and what I saw was nothing like what I had been told.
有的孩子 比我还小
There were children, younger than I am,
从清早一直工作到天黑
working from early morning until after dark.
它们身上很脏 很冷
They were dirty, they were cold,
他们不能离开
and they couldn't leave.
他们没有时间去上学
They don't have time to go to school,
他们太累了 也没力气玩
and they're too tired to play.
孩子们在这些地方受到伤害
Children are hurt in these places.
我知道 因为我见到了一个
I know. I saw one.
如果我们的工厂能伤害孩子
If our factories can hurt children,
那么 我们在美国就还没取得足够的进步
then we have not made good progress in America.
这些话不是我之前写下的讲稿
These words are not the words I had written,
但这些是我要说的话
but are the words that I need to say.
美国人是善良的
Americans are good and kind,
而善良的人们会照顾孩子
and good and kind people take care of children,
即使不是自己的孩子
even if they are not their own.
如果我们这么做了
And once we do that,
我们就可以真正地为我们的工厂和我们的进步感到自豪
we can truly be proud of our factories and of our progress.
谢谢
Thank you.
太棒了
Bravo!
她很了不起
She was marvelous.
太棒了 萨曼莎
Wonderful, Samantha!
我们为你感到骄傲
We're proud of you.
外祖母
Grandmary.
你真的在这里 -是的
You were here? - Yes.
我真想念你
Oh, I missed you.
我也想念你
I missed you, too.
你知道他们要来吗
Did you know they were coming?
我们希望这是一个惊喜
We wanted it to be a surprise.
你真了不起
You were magnificent.
你是怎么知道工厂的事的
How did you know about factories?
因为内莉
Because of Nellie.
我去她工作的地方找她
I went to go get her at her work and...
对了 你还记得米姆斯上将吗
Oh, forgive me, you remember admiral Nemmis?
很高兴再次见到你 将军
Very nice to see you again, admiral.
演讲令人印象深刻 萨曼莎
That was a very impressive speech, Samantha.
难怪你的外祖母总是谈到你
No wonder your grandmother talks about you so much.
不好意思
Excuse me.
萨曼莎 这次演讲不是你准备好的
Samantha, that speech was not the speech that you entered in the contest.
当我看到真♥相♥时我就改了
I changed it when I saw the truth.
恐怕你被取消比赛资格了
I'm afraid you've been disqualified from the competition.
被取消资格 因为说实话吗
Disqualified? for telling the truth?
她赢得了我的心
She won me over.
我向你保证 我比评委可严格多了
And I'm a much harsher judge, I can assure you.
我认为说出真话需要两个人
I believe it takes two to speak the truth.
一个说出来 另一个去听
One to speak it and the other to hear.
不好意思
I beg your pardon.
我希望你能在女性团体
I'd like you to give that speech
发表之前的演讲 萨曼莎
to my women's group, Samantha.
我们为你感到骄傲
We're very proud of you.
你感觉怎么样 萨曼莎
How do you feel, Samantha?
我觉得格特鲁德肯定过度劳累了
I feel that gertrude is overworked.
这就是她为什么动作这么慢
Which is why she's so slow.
慢吗
Slow?
她需要有人帮忙
She needs help.
科妮莉亚 你让她培养成了个十字军战士
Cornelia, you've created a crusader.
毕竟 那房♥子只让一个人来管也太大了
After all, it is a very large house for one person to keep.
我们还需要多少个女佣
And how many more maids do we need?
三个
3
应该是四个 算上格特鲁德
Which is really 4, counting gertrude.
再说 如果我经常来拜访你们
Besides, if I come to visit more often--
如果吗
what do you mean if?
你会需要更多帮助
...you're going to need more help.
我可麻烦了
I'm a handful.
萨曼莎 科妮莉亚和我都希望
Samantha, Cornelia and I were hoping
你愿意和我们一起住在这里
that you'd like to come stay here with us.
一直住在这里
Permanently.
你是说离开贝德福德山
You mean leave mount bedford?
永远吗
For good?
但是外祖母呢 我不想让她一个人呆着
But what about grandmary? I don't want her to be all alone.
她不会的
She won't be.
因为外祖母终于决定
Because grandmary has finally decided--
不是吧 -是的
no. - Yes.
她已经接受了海军上将的求婚
She has accepted the admiral's proposal.
这就是为什么我们希望你考虑和我们在一起
Which is why we hoped you'd consider staying with us.
怎么样 萨曼莎
What do you say, Samantha?
你愿意收养我们吗
Will you adopt us?
我愿意吗
Will I?
是的
Yes.
谢谢
Thank you.
给你
Here you are.
太漂亮了
Oh, it's so beautiful.
外祖母
Oh, grandmary.
萨曼莎
Oh, Samantha.
谁布置的
Who did all this?
我布置的 小姐 但有人提供了一点儿帮助
I did, miss. With a little help.
电影精选列表