首先我们要向你的外祖母问好
First we need to say hello to your grandmary.
走吧
Shall we?
我们到了
Here we are.
加德纳
Gardner!
你还记得皮特小姐吗
Uh, you remember miss Pitt?
真是意外惊喜啊
W-what a pleasant surprise.
你好吗 皮特小姐
How are you, miss pitt?
我很好 谢谢您 爱德华夫人
Very well, thank you, Mrs. Edwards.
加德纳向我保证他会告诉你我要来的
Gardner promised me he would tell you I was coming.
但我能看出来他没有
I can see he didn't.
我喜欢惊喜 你也是吧 萨曼莎
I like surprises. Don't you, Samantha?
我相信我们会有
I'm--I'm sure we'll have
很多时间来熟络
plenty of time to catch up later.
至于现在 就请霍金斯太太带你到客房♥去
For now, Mrs. Hawkins can show you to the guest room.
谢谢
Thank you.
这边请 女士
This way, ma'am.
谢谢
Thank you.
加德纳
Gardner,
当你带人来家里时 你真应该先告诉我的
you really should warn me when you're bringing home guests.
你气色不错 妈妈
You look well, mother.
对了 这是给你的
Oh, this is for you.
我的天
Oh, my!
它真可爱
It's lovely.
那位海军上将最近见你了吗
Has the admiral been to see you lately?
加德纳
Gardner.
我们想想
Let's see.
我们现在要做点什么
We were going to do something now.
什么
What?
我不记得了
I don't remember.
先走了 妈妈
Excuse us, mother.
你们要去哪儿 加德纳
Where are you going? Gardner.
好吧 我要按喇叭了 准备好
All right, I'm going to let it out now. Here we are.
你们看到蒙娜丽莎了吗
Did you see the Mona Lisa?
是的 妈妈 我们看到蒙娜丽莎了
Yes, mother, we saw the Mona Lisa.
确实很美
It was delightful.
但是我们更感兴趣的是
But what we are even more excited about
这是一种新的艺术风格 叫做印象主义
is this new style of art called impressionism.
是的
Yes.
一个叫莫奈的人
By a man named monet.
你已经离开很长时间了
You've been away a very long time.
没有你在 你的公♥司♥还好吗
How has your firm managed without you?
我想他们甚至没有注意到我走了 妈妈
I don't think they even noticed I was gone, mother.
胡说 加德 他们当然注意到了
Nonsense, gard. Of course they did.
科妮莉亚是在纽约真正发挥作用的人
Cornelia is the one who's really making a difference in New York.
怎么说
How so?
她在全市各地组织选举权会议
She's organizing suffrage meetings all over the city.
加德 也许不该现在提
Gard, perhaps this isn't the best time.
我真的不明白为什么女人需要投票
I don't really understand why women need to vote.
我这一代的女性有很多方法
Women of my generation found plenty of ways
影响历史进程
to influence the course of events
而不用站在盒子上演讲
without having to stand on a soapbox.
话是没错 但是如果女性要遵守
Yes. although, if women are expected
领袖们颁布的法律
to obey the laws our leaders make,
那么我们不应该有权选择那些领袖吗
shouldn't we have a say in selecting those leaders?
我相信萨曼莎应该和隔壁的小男孩一样
I believe Samantha should have as much say in her government
有一样的发言权
as that little boy next door.
加德舅舅 你打算什么时候把那个惊喜告诉我们
Well, uncle gard, when are you going to tell us the surprise?
我要等到
I was going to wait until--
你打算住在贝德福德山吗
are you coming to live in mount bedford?
不 但这确实是个好消息
No. but it is wonderful news.
由于缺乏判断
Against her better judgment,
这位美丽的女人
this beautiful woman
已经接受了我的求婚
has accepted my proposal of marriage.
加德纳 你听起来太老套了
Oh, gardner, you sound so old-fashioned.
我们讨论这个问题已经有将近一年的时间了
We've been talking about this for almost a year.
我在巴黎的时候得到了她父母的祝福
And while I was in Paris, I was getting her parents' blessing.
我的天 好吧 那么
My. well, then,
我为你们俩感到高兴
I'm very happy for both of you.
我也为你高兴 加德舅舅
I'm happy for you, too, uncle gard.
因为科妮莉亚的家人住在国外
Since Cornelia's family lives abroad,
我们希望
we were hoping
你可以让我们在这里举♥行♥婚礼 妈妈
you would allow us to have the wedding right here, mother.
我们可以在温室里举办
We can hold it in the conservatory.
那里太美了 -我们在想七月底结婚
It's so beautiful here. - We were thinking the end of July.
七月 -今年吗
July? - This year?
是的 当然 今年
Yes, of course, this year.
为什么这么突然
Wh-why so sudden?
我不想等了 我找到了我的梦中情人
I don't want to wait. I've found the woman of my dreams.
我想让你做我的伴娘 萨曼莎 你愿意吗
I want you to be my bridesmaid, Samantha. Would you?
她太小了
She's very young.
我的姐姐会当女傧相
My sister will be the matron of honor,
她的女儿则当我的花童
her daughter, my flower girl,
但我还缺一个伴娘
but I don't have a bridesmaid.
你觉得怎么样
What do you say?
说“好”
Say yes.
好
Yes.
萨曼莎
Samantha!
萨曼莎
Samantha.
你好
Hello.
我知道你对我很不满
I know you're upset with me.
我不想又有什么变化了 加德舅舅
I don't want things to change anymore, uncle gard.
你的生活发生了太多改变
You've had more change in your life than anyone ought to have.
但是你会发现 科妮莉亚是一个很好的朋友
But you'll see, Cornelia is going to be a wonderful friend.
事实上 如果你的母亲还活着
And, in fact, if your mother were still alive,
我肯定她们会也是最好的朋友
I'm sure they'd be the best of friends.
真的吗 -没错
They would? - Oh, yes.
她们在很多方面都很相似
Why, they're quite similar in many ways.
你的母亲是如此的充满活力
Your mother was so full of life,
总是有数不清的疑问 此时此刻 她正看着我们呢
and questions, and causes, and right now, she's smiling down on us.
取笑你的浓眉
Making fun of your bushy eyebrows.
你怎么知道的
How did you know about that?
她就喜欢折腾你
She tortured you.
她告诉我的
She told me so.
每当我想起这事 我就会想念她
And I miss her every time I think about it.
你真像你妈妈
You're so like your mother.
你有她的精神
You have her spirit.
你有她的意志还有她的好奇心
You have her will and her curiosity.
这是什么
What's this?
圣路易 博览会
St. Louis, the exposition.
糟糕 我答应过要带你去 是吗
Oh, no. I promised to take you, didn't I?
对不起 我怎么才能补偿你呢
I'm sorry. How can I make it up to you?
这都是她的错
It's all her fault.
不 萨曼莎
No, Samantha.
科妮莉亚是一个很好的人
Cornelia is a wonderful person.
她很坚强 很有爱心 她爱孩子
She's strong and caring, and she loves children.
你会有你自己的家人 然后把我忘了
You'll have your own family and forget all about me.
你就是我的家人
You are my family.
你永远是我的小女孩儿
You'll always be my little girl.
弹得真好 萨曼莎
That was lovely, Samantha.
谢谢夸奖 外祖母
Thank you, grandmary.
外祖母
Grandmary?
什么事
Yes.
你喜欢科妮莉亚吗
Do you like Cornelia?
我
Do I...
我当然喜欢 萨曼莎
Certainly I do, Samantha.
她将成为加德纳的妻子 你的舅妈
She's going to be gardner's wife and your aunt.
成为家里的一份子
Our family.
尽管我们希望事情保持原样 萨曼莎 事情会变的
Much as we would like things to remain as they are, Samantha, they don't.
因此 我们必须学会接受改变
And so we must learn to accept change with grace.
你明白吗
Do you understand?
电影精选列表