这一切都始于去年四月的某一天
It all began one day last April.
我和我的外祖母住在纽约的贝德福德山
I was living with my grandmary in mount bedford, New York.
她下定决心要教导我
And she was determined to teach me
成为一位年轻的淑女
to become a proper young lady.
但在那一天 让我更感兴趣的
But that day, in particular, I was more interested
是离隔壁讨人厌的埃迪·瑞兰德远一点儿
in getting away from my next-door nuisance, Eddie Ryland.
萨曼莎
Samantha!
你太笨了 你可能还以为3乘4等于12
You're so dumb, you probably think 3 times 4 is 12.
3乘4就是等于12 埃迪
3 times 4 is 12, Eddie.
现在 如果你不离我远点儿
Now, if you don't leave me alone,
我就把你的存钱罐扔到河里
I'll find your money jar and empty it in the river.
你太笨了 找不到它的
You're too dumb to find it.
埃迪·瑞兰德 你
Eddie Ryland, you...
回来 埃迪·瑞兰德
Come back here, Eddie Ryland!
也就是在那一天 我认识了新朋友
And that was the day I met my new friend,
内莉·奥马利
Nellie O'Malley.
他们是谁
Who are they?
他们是我们的新仆人
They're our new servants.
大的那个是我的新女仆
The big one is my new maid.
但她太小了 不能当女佣
But she's too young to be a maid.
也许她的母亲是女佣
Maybe her mother is the maid.
太漂亮了 爸爸
It's grand, dad.
那是什么 -水里的那个
What's that? - Look at that water.
来吧 布里奇特
Come along now, Bridget.
我累了 爸爸
I'm tired, da.
我知道 马上就好了
I know. It won't be long.
珍妮 我知道你饿了 但你得等一等
I know you're hungry, Jenny, but you'll just have to wait.
它真好看
It's beautiful.
我们为你们准备了一间大房♥间
There'll be one room for all of you.
这就足够了 谢谢你 女士
This will be fine. Thank you, ma'am
我真的饿了 内莉
I'm really hungry, Nellie.
快到吃饭时间了吗
Are we going to eat soon?
看 内莉 水泵边上
Look, Nellie, next to the pump.
内莉
Oh, Nellie.
看看你做了什么好事
See what you did.
我什么都没做
I didn't do nothin'.
你扔石头打碎了玻璃
You threw a rock and broke the window.
我要告你的状 除非你给我一便士
And I'm gonna tell unless you pay me a penny.
我没有一便士
I don't have a penny.
她不会付你钱的 埃迪·瑞兰德
She is not paying you a cent, Eddie Ryland.
如果你再找麻烦
And if you make any more trouble,
我就告诉你妈妈你拿了她的裙子
I'll tell your mother that you took her good petticoat
还把它做成风筝尾巴
and made a kite's tail out of it.
我好怕怕啊 萨曼莎
Oh, I'm really scared, Samantha.
爱德华
Edward!
爱德华
Edward!
我有事找你
I have an errand for you!
爱德华
Edward!
爱德华 我等着呢
Edward, I'm waiting.
谢谢你 小姐
Thank you, miss.
我叫萨曼莎
I'm Samantha.
我住在隔壁
I live next door.
我是内莉 这是珍妮和布里奇特
I'm Nellie, and this is Jenny and Bridget.
很高兴认识你
Pleased to meet you.
别在意他
Don't pay any attention to him.
如果我们想留在这儿 小姐
Have to pay some attention, miss,
我们还是要多加小心的
if we want to keep our place here.
内莉 快点过来
Nellie girl, come along now.
你在贝德福德山学校上学吗
Are you going to mount bedford school?
也许我们会分在同一个班
Maybe we'll be in the same class.
我不上学 小姐
I don't go to school, miss.
我们是来工作的
We're here to work.
明天我还可以见你吗
May I see you tomorrow?
就像我说的
Like I said,
我要工作了 小姐
I'll be working, miss.
在这么大的地方 我得干一整天
From the size of this place, from dawn to dusk.
萨曼莎
Samantha!
我要走了 内莉 再见 布里奇特 再见 珍妮
Oh, goodbye, Nellie. Goodbye, Bridget. Goodbye, Jenny.
再见
Goodbye.
它们很漂亮
They're beautiful.
瑞兰德家有新仆人了
The rylands have new servants.
一个父亲和三个女儿
A father and three girls.
其中一个跟我一样大
And one of them is my age.
萨曼莎 看看你的袜子
Samantha, look at those stockings.
你外祖母会生气的
Your grandmother won't like that.
你知道的
You know she won't.
知道了 霍金斯太太
Yes, Mrs. Hawkins.
别忘了洗手
Be sure to wash your hands now.
知道了 霍金斯太太
Yes, Mrs. Hawkins.
你好 萨曼莎
Hello, Samantha.
你好 外祖母
Hello, grandmary.
我想你一定能解释清楚
I trust you have a good explanation
你的袜子是怎么回事吧
for that tear in your stockings.
我 我摔倒了 对不起
I--i fell. I'm sorry.
你没在跑吧
You weren't running, were you?
我摔倒的时候没跑
Not when I fell, no.
欲速则不达啊 萨曼莎
Haste makes waste, Samantha.
知道了 外祖母
Yes, grandmary.
你知道来了三个女孩儿吗
Did you know there are 3 girls--
亲爱的 你可以在喝下午茶时告诉我
you can tell me over tea, dear.
开始练习吧
Begin practicing.
三个女孩儿搬到了隔壁家
3 girls are moving next door--
萨曼莎 开始吧
Samantha, please begin.
下午的信 爱德华夫人
the afternoon mail, Mrs. Edwards.
谢谢你 杰西
Thank you, Jessie.
你可以把它放在桌子上
You can just leave it on the table, please.
有加德舅舅的消息吗
Is there anything from uncle Gard?
亲爱的 我们一会儿就能看了
We'll open the mail later, dear.
但他说他快回来了
But he is coming back when he said?
他没有错过船吧
He didn't miss the boat, did he?
萨曼莎 拜托
Samantha, please.
好好练习
Just finish your practice.
你好 小姐
Hello, miss.
别叫我“小姐”
Please don't call me "miss."
不这么叫我就会有麻烦的 小姐
Get in trouble if I don't, miss.
你从哪儿来的
Where did you come from?
我的意思是 来到贝德福德山之前
Before mount bedford, I mean.
纽约市
New York City.
是吗 我舅舅加德住在纽约市
Oh, my uncle gard lives in New York City.
爸爸和我在那里的一家工厂工作
Dad and I worked at a factory there.
你在工厂工作
You worked in a factory?
是的
Yes.
但是爸爸认为我们住在乡下会更好
But dad thought we'd be better off living in the country now.
你的妈妈
Is your mother--
她死了 小姐 去年冬天
she died, miss. Last winter.
如果你不去上学
If you don't go to school,
你想借我的书看吗
would you like to borrow some of my books?
没有用的 小姐 我不识字
Wouldn't do no good, miss, unless they're all pictures.
我妈妈本来要教我读书的 但是
My mother was going to teach me to read, but...
我可以教你啊
I could teach you.
每天都教 就在树篱旁边
Every day beside the hedge.
我也希望我可以啊 小姐
Oh, I wish I could, miss.
你可以的
You can.
你可以把工作带过来做
You can bring some work with you,
比如缝缝补补什么的 对吧
like darning or mending, can't you?
你总得坐下来吧
You have to sit down some time.
而且 我可以跟你一起坐 这并不难学
And--and I could sit with you. It isn't hard to learn.
谢谢你 杰西
Thank you, Jessie.
放到桌子上就行 谢谢
Uh, just leave it on the table, please.
杰西
Jessie?
电影精选列表