明白 外祖母
Yes, grandmary.
“她给了彼得一剂药”
"She gave a dose of it to Peter!
“在睡觉前吃一汤匙”
"'One tablespoon to be taken at bedtime.'
“但是 小毛 小绒 和棉尾巴”
"but flopsy, mopsy, and cotton-tail
吃了面包 牛奶和黑莓当晚餐 结束”
had bread and milk and blackberries for supper. The end."
我真不敢相信你这么快就学会了 内莉
I can't believe how quickly you learned this, Nellie.
我小时候
I think I've been reading over da's shoulders
我就靠在爸爸的肩膀上读过
ever since I was little.
他说我应该开始教布里奇特了
He says I should start teaching Bridget soon.
你们好啊
Hello there.
我该回去工作了
I should get back to work.
你能多呆一会儿吗
Can you stay a minute longer?
我在决定婚礼的蛋糕应该是什么样的
I'm trying to decide what kind of cake to have for the wedding.
现在 两种都吃一点儿
Now, then have a bite of both
告诉我你更喜欢哪一个种
and tell me which one you like better.
柠檬味儿还是杏仁香草味儿
Lemon or almond vanilla.
我喜欢柠檬味儿 但杏仁香草也很好
I like the lemon, but the almond vanilla is wonderful, too.
也许 你最好再尝尝
Maybe you'd better taste them again.
我觉得柠檬好
I'd say the lemon.
我同意
I have to agree.
那就定柠檬了
Lemon it is.
好吧 那我就把剩下的给狗狗吃吧
All right then, I'll just give the rest to the dog.
不行 女士 蛋糕对狗狗不好
Oh, no, ma'am, cake's not good for dogs.
会让它们肚子疼的
It gives them a tummy ache.
我们也没养狗
And we don't have a dog.
对啊 我忘了
That's right. I forgot.
为什么给布里奇特和珍妮吃呢
Why don't we take them to Bridget and Jenny?
好主意
Oh, good idea.
谢谢 姑娘们
Very good. Thank you, girls.
她人挺好的
She's not so bad, you know.
你结婚时穿的是什么衣服 爱德华夫人
What did you wear when you got married, Mrs. Edwards?
比利时蕾丝裙
Oh, Belgian lace.
真高雅
Oh, how elegant.
那件婚纱镶边的都是小珍珠
The gown had tiny pearls all along the hem
每颗珍珠之间用水晶线缝合
and--and crystal stitching in between each Pearl.
腰垫上还有一个巨大的缎面蝴蝶结
And--and there was a large satin bow just--just above the bustle.
忙碌吗
Bustle?
是的 我告诉你 那可是时尚巅峰
Yes, it was the height of fashion, I will have you know.
告诉她面纱的事
Tell her about the veil.
面纱 它像瀑布一样从后面流过
The veil. It flowed from behind like a waterfall.
我妈妈也穿着过它
My mother wore it, too.
她像天使一样美丽
She looked like an angel.
这是伴娘礼服的布料
And here's the fabric for the bridesmaid's dress.
外祖母 你看 是薰衣草色
Oh, grandmary, look. It's lavender.
你最喜欢的颜色
Your favorite color.
这是我见过的最漂亮的颜色
It's the prettiest color I've ever seen.
莎曼塔一心想去圣路易斯
Samantha had her heart set on going to St. Louis.
我们得给她补上
We have to make it up to her.
我希望她能来和我们一起度过秋天
I want her to come and stay with us for the fall.
你自己说过 弗朗西斯阿姨没有好转
You said yourself aunt Francis is not getting any better.
不行 你是新婚
It's impossible. You'll be newly married.
你最不需要的就是带孩子
The last thing you'll need is a child on your hands.
她可以来纽约和我们住在一起
She can come and stay with us in New York.
让我分担你的负担吧 母亲
Let us share the burden, mother.
就几个月而已
It's just for a few months.
内莉
Nellie.
内莉
Nellie.
怎么了
What on earth?
我试着睡着 但我一直听到他们说话
I tried to sleep, but I kept on hearing what they said.
他们说要把我送走
They were talking about sending me away.
外祖母和加德舅舅要把我送到纽约
To New York. Grandmary and uncle gard.
他们觉得我是一个负担
They think I'm a burden.
看看你 你在发抖 外面太冷了
Look at you, you're shaking. You're so cold.
你在这里多久了
How long have you been out here?
跟我来吧
Please come with me.
我不想一个人待着
I don't want to be by myself.
我以为这只是个船屋
I thought this was just a boathouse.
这是我的秘密藏身地
This is my secret hiding place.
好多漂亮的东西哎
There are so many beautiful things here.
这是我的母亲 父亲和我放船的地方
It's where my mother, father, and I used to keep our boat.
但在他们死后
But after they died,
就没有人再来这里了
no one came here anymore.
有时当我来到这里
Sometimes when I come here,
我会觉得他们还在这儿
I feel like they're still here.
你在这里都做些什么
What do you do in here?
读书 有时还许许愿
Read, mostly. Make wishes.
你许什么愿
What do you wish for?
看我的心情
Depends on my mood.
有时我希望埃迪瑞兰德能撞树上
Sometimes I wish for Eddie Ryland to run into a tree.
其他时候
And other times...
我希望我的父母能在这里
I wish my parents could be here.
爸爸说 “思考你没有的东西没有意义
Da says, "no sense thinking about what you don't have.
最好是想想你能做什么”
Better to think about what you do."
但我还是希望能见到我的妈妈
But I still wish I could see my ma.
如果我去了纽约 我会非常想念你的
If I go to New York, I'll miss you so much.
你可以每天写信给我
You can write me every day.
你也可以回信
And you can write back.
她叫什么名字
What's her name?
莉迪亚 和我妈妈的名字一样
Lydia. just like my mother.
我从没见过这么美丽的东西
I've never seen anything so beautiful.
如果我走了
If I go away,
你能帮我照看她吗
will you keep her for me?
你是认真的吗
Do you mean it?
是的
Yes.
我不会把她托付给任何人 除了我最好的朋友
I wouldn't trust her with anybody but my best friend.
你知道关于星星的事情吗
You know anything about stars?
知道一点儿
A little.
你看到的第一颗星星 就是许愿的那一颗
First star you see, that's the wishing one.
“小星星
"Star light,
亮晶晶
Star bright
今晚看到的第一颗星
"first star I see tonight
我希望 我祝愿
"wish I may, wish I might
今夜梦想会成真”
have the wish I wish tonight"
我找到你了 我找到你了
I found you! I found you!
现在就滚出去 艾迪
Oh, you get out of here right now, Eddie.
给我五分钱 我就不告诉别人
Pay me a nickel and I won't tell.
永远别跟我说话你收多少钱
How much do you want for never speaking to me again?
我找到她们啦 我找到她们啦
I found them! I found them!
我找到了
I found them!
我找到了
I found them!
你以为你在做什么
What do you think you're doing,
愚蠢的女孩
you senseless girl?
你让整个邻里都在找你
You've had the whole neighborhood looking for you.
这是完全不可接受的
This is completely unacceptable.
我家里的仆人从不侵犯别人的财产
The servants in my household do not trespass on other people's property.
他们也不会和邻居的孩子一起睡在外面
Nor do they sleep outside with the neighbor's children.
我很抱歉
I'm so sorry.
我不明白这是怎么发生的
I cannot understand how this happened.
这是我的错 瑞兰德太太
It's my fault, Mrs. Ryland.
这都是我的主意
It was all my idea.
我让内莉陪我的
I asked Nellie to keep me company.
尽管如此 我希望我的佣人
Nevertheless, I expect my help
时时都能做到保持恭敬
to behave respectfully at all times.
我不认为这个女孩能有什么不好的企图
I don't think the girls meant any harm.
我向您保证不会再发生这样的事
I promise you it won't happen again.
原谅她吧 妈妈
Please forgive her, mum.
她还小 忘记了自己的地位
She's still young and forgets her place.
我很抱歉 夫人
I'm so sorry, ma'am.
我得到教训了 真的
I knew better. I did.
没关系的 内莉
It's all right, Nellie.
电影精选列表