- 那又怎么了?
- What does that matter?
我想是让你听听我们的故事的时候了,告诉他吧,雷诺特
I guess it's time you heard our story. Tell him, Renault.
好的,但是从哪儿开始呢?从谁开始说起呢?
Yes, but what shall I begin with? With whom shall I begin?
从佩蒂特开始吧
Now there is Petit.
他来自普罗旺斯,是什么让他成为了一个罪犯呢?
He is from Provence. What caused him to become a convict?
- 这是一个农民出于对祖国的热爱
- It was the love of a farmer for his land.
- 没错
- You are right.
我在父亲还有祖父的土地上劳作
I farmed the land my father farmed and his father before him.
我和妻子为我们的土地做好了规划
My wife and I planted as the seasons went by.
后来政♥府♥的人来了,他们建了一座水坝
And then the government came, and they built a dam.
把我的土地都淹掉了
They flooded all my land.
我想我有些发疯了
I guess I went kind of crazy.
他冲到了水坝的控制室,打算把那些机器都毁了
He ran to the control station and attempted to smash the machinery.
当那些人试图抓住他的时候,他打伤了几个人,杀死了一个
When the employees tried to seize him, he maimed several and killed one.
政♥府♥放过了我
The government let me off easy.
不是把我送到绞刑台上,而是把我流放到了圭亚那地区
Instead of being guillotined, I was transported for life to Guiana.
知道法国的圭亚那吗?
Do you know French Guiana?
那是我们的殖民地当中最为丑陋和被忽略的地区
It is the most corrupt and neglected of all our colonies.
蒸笼一般的气候,还有五到六千像我这样的人
There in the steaming equatorial climate, there're 5,000 or 6,000 men just like us,
在丛林深处与大自然抗争
struggling against the heavy undergrowth in the very depths of the jungle.
我们是森林之中半裸的奴隶
Slaves half-naked in the forests,
遭受着潮湿和炎热的折磨,还有蚊子、发烧、腐烂的食物
tortured by heat and humidity, mosquitoes, fever, rotten food.
人们死亡或者发疯
Men die or else go insane.
佩蒂特就在这里当劳工修路
Here you might have found Petit laboring to build a road.
我会告诉你关于这条路的故事
I will tell you about this road.
罪犯们称之为“无用之路”,因为它根本不会存在
The convicts call it Route Zero, because it will never exist.
它已经被建造了有半个世纪
Already it has been under construction for more than half a century,
但是只建好了16公里
and for that, there is exactly 16 miles to show.
对于这16公里的公路,每一♥码♥都有一个罪犯死去
And for those 16 miles, there is one dead convict for every yard.
离佩蒂特工作地点不远的地方,你也许会碰到加洛
Not far from where Petit worked, you might have run across Garou
正在建造一所营地
working in a mahogany camp at Charven.
他曾经是一位职业赛车手
Formerly a mechanic and a professional racer of motorcars,
在同女友的争吵中,他失手杀死了对方
he had killed his sweetheart during a lover's quarrel.
有时候你会觉得他最终将以这种方式结束自己的一生很可惜
In certain circles, it was considered crude of him to accomplish this end with an axe.
当然从那时起加洛改过自新了
Well, of course, since then Garou has reformed.
他学会了纪律,不是吗?
He's learned discipline. Haven't you?
卡宴是个非常好的学校
Cayenne is a very good school for that.
现在为了解闷,我来说一下自己,可以吗?
And now, as a pleasant diversion, may I please introduce myself?
也许你已经发现了,上尉阁下,我是个很聪明的人
As you may already have discovered, mon Capitaine, I'm a very clever man.
而且非常的敏感,连我的指头都非常敏感
And sensitive. Sensitive down to my fingertips.
实际上,这些指头让我成为了巴黎最棒的窃贼
In fact, these fingers made me the best safecracker in Paris
一个扒手中的艺术家
and a virtuoso among the pickpockets.
轻轻地触碰那些富人的钱包
Oh, they had such a delicate touch, and from the purses of the rich
他们就会奏响,好似钢琴弹出的交响曲
they brought forth brilliant symphonies as from a piano.
你的故事很有意思,朋友
Your story is a delightful diversion, my friend.
但是一个人是不会用干燥的舌头去说一个油嘴滑舌的故事的
But one doesn't tell a glib story with a dry tongue.
你可以在我的屋子里找到一瓶白兰地
You will find a bottle of cognac in my cabin.
- 谢谢您,我还能找到什么呢?
- Thank you. What else might I find?
- 碰碰运气吧
- I'll take a chance.
现在说说你吧
Now tell me about yourself.
我被法国♥军♥队遗弃
I'm a deserter of the Army of France.
上一场战争,我十六岁参了军
In the last war, at the age of 16, I enlisted.
三个月后我逃跑了
Three months later, I ran away.
对于自己,我发现了一件可怕的事情
I discovered a terrible thing about myself.
我是个懦夫
I was a coward.
后来我去了摩洛哥,参加了外籍军团
Later I went to Morocco to enlist in the Foreign Legion
以此来赎罪,但是我被捕了
in an effort to redeem myself, but I got arrested.
你知道,即使是逃兵也会爱自己的国家,上尉
You see, even a deserter and convict can love his country, Captain.
你能想象出我当时的感觉吗
Can you imagine, then, my feelings,
在被关押的那段时间里
when during the long years of my imprisonment,
每天早晨我都会去注视升起的三色旗
I had to watch every morning the tricolor being raised?
很快我发现还有一个人,每天早晨也会注视着升起的三色旗
Soon I discovered that there was another who every morning looked at the flag,
对他来说,这像是一种祝福和祷告
the sight of which seemed to him like a benediction, like a sacrament.
我感到我和这个人有着血缘关系
I came to feel a strange kinship with this man,
因为每天早晨我们会在同样的时间做着同样的事情
because every morning we did the same thing at the same time.
我们称这个罪犯为格兰佩尔
The convicts, we called him Grandp鑢e.
他是个自♥由♥的人
He was a lib閞閟, a free man.
他已经服刑完毕,但是不能离开这个殖民地
That is, he had served his sentence, but was not permitted to leave the colony.
因为卡宴不会给服过刑的人工作机会
Since Cayenne offers no employment for free men,
这些人感到了绝望
the lot of these lib閞閟 was hopeless.
格兰佩尔比其他人更足智多谋
But Grandp鑢e was more resourceful than most.
他成了一个抓蝴蝶的人,这在圭亚那地区很有名
He became a catcher of butterflies, for which the Guianas are famous.
他用蝴蝶制♥作♥各种产品,把它们卖♥♥给游客
The goods he made from these, he sold to the tourists,
并且把蝴蝶卖♥♥给收藏家
and the butterflies themselves to collectors.
就这样,一法郎一法郎的
Thus, franc by franc and sou by sou,
格兰佩尔积攒了一笔可观的财富
Grandp鑢e was able to put together a little sum.
因为格兰佩尔有计划也有希望
For Grandp鑢e had a plan and a hope.
我们同样的希望便是逃出去
The same plan and hope of all of us. Escape.
你站住,这条路禁止通行
Hold it, you. This is a closed road.
我们不是在保护蝴蝶
We're not guarding butterflies.
我听说这里有一种很大的蝴蝶
I heard there was a special big kind up here.
- 我忘了这是条收费公路
- I forgot it was a toll road.
- 这些都是不值钱的烟
- These are cheap cigarettes.
如果你把它们卖♥♥给罪犯就不会便宜了
They won't be when you sell them to the convicts.
嗨,格兰佩尔
- 最近过的如何,还有你的蝴蝶?
- How is it with you and your butterflies?
- 你和你的蚊子呢?
- How is with you and your mosquitoes?
我希望他们是德国猪
I wish they were pigs of Germans.
- 你说什么?
- What did you say?
- 我已经说过了
- Just what I said.
这个老年人问了你一个简单的问题,佩蒂特
The old man asked you a simple question, Petit.
我希望自己现在在法国杀那些德国猪,而不是在这儿杀蚊子
I said I wish I was in France killing pigs of Germans instead of mosquitoes.
你是说如果你是自♥由♥的,你愿意为国家抗击敌人?
You mean that you'd fight for our country if you were free?
迫不及待,我发誓
Sooner than most, I swear it.
我也是
Not sooner than me.
比这些警卫更让我感到仇恨的就是纳粹
There is only one thing I hate more than a guard, and that's a Nazi.
你呢?
How about you?
你是谁,征兵官员吗?或者这是在审问我们?
What are you, a recruiting officer? Or is this a cross-examination?
我只是在问他,好吗?
I'm just asking him. Well?
我是个爱国的人,我愿意回答你的问题
I'm a patriot, to answer your question.
那边是我的朋友毛瑞斯,他也是个爱国者
And my friend over there, Marius, he's a patriot, too.
你看到那边的警卫了吗?
You see over there by the guard?
他非常聪明,行贿的事毛瑞斯最在行
He is very clever. Everything there is to know about bribery, Marius knows.
如果大家打算逃跑的话,他会是一个非常有用的人
He would be a very useful man if one were planning an escape.
也许吧
Maybe.
- 不能逃跑,不要再说了
- There is no escape. Don't talk about it.
- 只是听着就很愚蠢
- We are silly to even listen.
那个老头儿只是在逗我们玩
Old man just play games with our mind, that's all.
但是我听说他有很多钱
But I have heard he has money, lots of it.
那就不一样了,那是另外一件事了,是吧,毛瑞斯?
Well, that's different. That's something else again, eh, Marius?
没错,这样事情就不一样了
Yeah, that would be different.
你们几个
You there.
这个家伙在沼泽地里迷路了
This fellow got lost in the swamp.
我告诉他可以在这儿和你们一块过夜
I told him he could spend the night with you.
这是什么地方,旅馆吗?已经很拥挤了
What's this, a hotel? We're crowded already.
谢谢,谢谢,朋友们
Thank you. Thank you, my friends.
你来这儿干什么?
What are you doing here?
为了和你们在一起,我给了警卫一些钱
I paid the Sergeant for your company.
我给你带来了一份礼物
And I brought you a present.
- 迷路了是怎么回事?
- What is all this talk about being lost?
- 我必须得找个借口
- There had to be an excuse.
你们说愿意为法国而战斗
You said you would fight for France.
所以法国一定对你们有特殊的意义,虽然你们现在身在这里
So she must mean something to you, in spite of you being here.
我想,坐在一起喝酒谈论自己的家乡一定是一件很惬意的事情
I thought it would be nice to drink together and talk about home.
- 噢,这是个疯狂的想法
- Oh, that's a crazy idea.
- 我无时无刻不在思念自己的家乡
- I think about my home all the time.
- 我的农场还有我的老婆
- My farm and my old woman.
- 没错,有农场很好
- Yes, a farm is good.
没有什么比法国的土地更为亲切的了
There is nothing better than the good French soil.
不,总有一天我要回到巴黎
No, I'll take Paris any day.
蒙马特区和红磨坊 ,塔巴林夜♥总♥会♥和女人
电影精选列表