我想知道他为此目的搭讪了谁的电♥话♥,
I wonder whose telephone he accosted for that purpose,
小魔鬼。
the wee devil.
吉利一家,我敢打赌。
The Guileys, I'd wager.
他们有一部旧的烛台手♥机♥
They've got an old candlestick phone
就在他们门厅的窗户旁边。
right next to the window in their foyer.
他很容易溜进去给你打电♥话♥。
It would've been easy for him to slip in and dial you.
他有这么灵活的小手指。
He's got such nimble little fingers.
他现在吗?
Does he now?
嗯嗯。
Hmm. Hmm.
嗯。
Hmm.
我们到了。
Here we are.
嗯,谢谢你,爱。
Hmm. Thank you, love.
呃,沃雷今天会加入我们吗?
Uh, will Voirrey be joining us today?
我——恐怕她不舒服,可怜的姑娘。
I-I'm afraid she's not feeling well, poor girl.
她对豚草有轻微的过敏,
She's got a mild allergy to ragwort,
如果你能相信的话。
if you can believe that.
所以夏天可能会有点...
So summers can be a bit...
明白了。
I see.
哦!我差点忘了!
Oh! I nearly forgot!
心理科学百科全书。
Encyclopaedia of Psychic Science.
真是拗口!
What a mouthful!
它昨天到达了帕维尔,
It arrived at Pavel's yesterday,
在他们通常的关闭时间前不久。
shortly before their usual closing time.
但他们等著我冲过去捡起来。
But they waited for me to rush over and pick it up.
我迫不及待地想读它!
I can't wait to read it!
等我说完了,我会给你我诚实的想法。
I'll give you my honest thoughts, when I've finished.
昨天,你说。
Yesterday, you say.
好吧,我,呃,我希望你喜欢它。
Well, I, uh, I hope you enjoy it.
“唯一的综合调查
"The only comprehensive survey
人类已知的各种心理现象」。
of every kind of psychical phenomena known to mankind".
好吧,我想杰夫不在其中。
Well, I presume Gef's not in it.
所以你必须在今天之后写续集。
So you'll have to write a sequel after today.
看来你不是昨晚唯一一个叫来的盖夫!
Looks like you weren't the only one Gef called last night!
嗯,这是,呃...
Well, it's, uh...
很高兴今天在这里接待这么多人。
It's a pleasure to receive so many of you here today.
我希望你能原谅我没有提供
I hope you'll excuse my not having provided
为这个场合提供足够的茶点。
adequate refreshments for the occasion.
而且,如果我和我的妻子知道你们中有这么多人来了,
And, had my wife and I known so many of you were comin',
我们会为很多雅人准备茶和饼干。
we'd have tea and biscuits for the lot of ya.
Gef没有告诉我们他已经和你们中的许多人谈过了。
Gef failed to inform us he had spoken to so many of you.
在夜深人静的时候打电♥话♥给我,他做到了!
Called me in the dead of night, he did!
问姐姐和她的酒』。
Asked after sister and her drinkin'.
在血腥的地狱里,他是怎么知道这件事的?
How in the bloody hell did he know about that?
叫我糖果。
Called me Candy.
自从我奶奶以来,没有人这么叫过我
Nobody's called me that since me grandma
20年前就过去了!
passed on 20 years ago!
是的!是的,我知道我们都非常兴奋!
Yes! Yes, I know we're all very excited!
但是拜托,拜托。现在正如我所说...
But please, please. Now as I was saying...
我们有长途跋涉的房♥客
We've got guests who've traveled a great distance
为了调查我们的朋友杰夫。
in order to investigate our friend Gef.
那是南多尔·福多博士和他的助手安妮。
That's Dr. Nandor Fodor and his assistant, Anne.
现在,福多博士是世界领先的专家之一
Now, Dr. Fodor is one of the world's leading experts
在超自然领域。
in the field of the paranormal.
我想我们都同意这个词,恰如其分地描述了我们的朋友Gef。
A term I think we can all agree, aptly describes our friend Gef.
现在我们都知道,
Now as we all know,
Gef有时可能是一个有点吝啬的家伙。
Gef can be a bit of a skittish fellow at times.
我的意思是,我真的很惊讶
I mean, I was genuinely surprised
他对这种观看持开放态度。所以。。。
he was open to this viewing. So...
不幸的是,这一切都会有点简短。
Unfortunately, it is all gonna be a bit brief.
虽然我希望你们都能说话,
While I'd like you all to be able to talk,
你知道,如果我们都开始大喊大叫
you know, if we all start shouting
他只会激动起来跑掉。所以...
he's just gonna get agitated and run off. So...
我是否得到了你们的同意
Do I have your agreement from the lot of you
你会尽力保持冷静吗?
that you're gonna do your best to remain calm?
是的。
Yes.
是的。-真?
Yeah. - Really?
是的。
Well, yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
就在这时。
Right then.
这样,请。
This way, please.
右。请退后一步。
Right. Just take a step back, please.
这里有点黑,不是吗?
It's a bit dark in here, isn't it?
现在,我们要收回床单。
Now, we're gonna take back the sheet.
但我认为这是公平的
But I think it's only fair
我们允许我们尊贵的客人
that we allow our distinguished guests
成为第一个向GEF讲话的人。
to be the first to address Gef.
继续。
Go on.
是——是他吗?那里?在盒子里?
Is-is that him? There? In the box?
那一点点...小簇毛皮?
That little... little tuft of fur?
看来他终究还是有点害羞了。
Looks like he's bein' a bit shy after all.
好吧,你能叫他出来让我们看看他吗?
Well, can you tell him to come out so we can see him?
你能叫他出来让我们看看他吗?
Can you tell him to come out so we can see him?
在他改变主意之前,现在问他你的问题。
Ask him your question now, before he has a change of heart.
呃,是的,杰夫。你好。感谢您让我们与您见面...
Uh, yes, Gef. Hello. Thank you for letting us meet you in...
人终于。
person at last.
嗯,欧文先生说我们可以问你一个问题。
Um, Mr. Irving said that we could ask you a question.
是——没事吗?
Is-is that all right?
嗯。。。是的。
Hmm... yes.
右。当我们在电♥话♥里交谈时
Right. When we spoke on the telephone
前几天晚上,呃,你说了些什么。
the other night, uh, you said something.
你重复了我父亲对我说的话
You repeated something that my father said to me
很久以前。
a long time ago.
嗯,你怎么知道他说了这些话?
Um, how did you know that he said those words?
你怎么知道他告诉我他再也见不到我了?
How did you know that he told me he would never see me again?
我看到了无限的界限之外
I have seen beyond the bounds of infinity
并从星星上引下恶魔。
and drawn down demons from the stars.
我驾驭了从一个世界跨到另一个世界的阴影
I have harnessed the shadows that stride from world to world
播下死亡和疯狂的种子。
to sow death and madness.
来吧,让他出去。
Come on, get him outside.
让我们给他一些空气。
Let's give him some air.
这可能是胡说八道。看一看。
This may be a bullshit. Take a look.
我——我深感抱歉,福多博士。
I am-- I am deeply sorry, Dr. Fodor.
所有的骚动都会把可怜的杰夫吓跑。
All the commotion will have scared poor Gef off.
但正如我之前对你说过的,他总是及时回来的。
But as I said to you before, he always returns, in time.
你一直在这里。
You have been here all along.
你知道这是一场伟大的闹剧。
You know that this is a great farce.
你知道这些人疯了。
You know that these people are mad.
然而你什么也没做。
And yet you do nothing.
你放纵他们。
You indulge them.
你也是。
So do you.
我以科学研究的名义来到这里。
I am here in the name of scientific research.
如果你这么说。
If you say so.
这些都不打扰你。
None of this bothers you.
这些人痴迷于一个他们无法做到的实体
These people obsessed with an entity that they cannot
甚至可靠地证明是真实的。
even reliably prove is real.
是成年人在胡说八道。
That it is adults perpetuating this nonsense.
无论出于何种意图和目的,
Men and women who are, for all intents and purposes,
普通的、功能正常的社会成员。
ordinary, functioning members of society.
你为什么这么在意?
Why do you care so much?
关心是我的工作。要理解。
It is my job to care. To understand.
这个世界上任何人都想要的一切...就是要快乐。
All anyone wants in this world... is to be happy.
如果你让人们相信,也许你会很高兴
Maybe you'd be happy if you let people believe
他们想相信什么。
what they want to believe.
你的观点很可爱,但过于幼稚。
Your perspective is endearing but childishly simplistic.
这世上谁比孩子更幸福,嗯?
Who in this world is happier than a child, hmm?
或。。。
Maybe...
简单还不错,嗯?
simple ain't so bad, eh?
但这些人在撒谎!
But these people are lying!
哦,每个人都在撒谎。
Oh, everyone lies.
他们是故意的,
They are intentionally,
电影精选列表