右。
Right.
亲爱的福多博士,
"Dear Dr. Fodor,
我希望这封信能找到你。
I do hope this letter finds you well.
我叫——”
My name is--"
对不起,安妮。
S-Sorry, Anne.
如果你能跳过寒暄,
If you could skip the pleasantries,
我没有心情。
I'm not in the mood.
当然。是的。
Certainly. Yeah.
“我住在苏格兰邓迪镇
"I live in the town of Dundee, Scotland
和我的儿子奥利弗。
with my son Oliver.
当我们搬进小屋时——”
When we moved into the cottage on--"
好吧。
All right.
这是我们将要做的。
Here is what we will do.
你会给自己读这封信,
You will read the letter to yourself,
然后你会花点时间。
then you will take a moment.
然后你会为我总结一下。
And then you will summarize it for me.
你们。。。是的,先生。
Ye... yes, sir.
您希望此摘要有多短?
How short would you prefer this summary to be?
四句或更少。
Four sentences or less.
听起来怎么样?-四。是的。
How does that sound? - Four. Yes.
哦。
Oh.
对,我想我已经知道了。
Right, I think I've got it.
哦,这算不算我的四句话之一?
Oh, does that count as one of my four sentences?
不。-非常好。
No. - Excellent.
一个年轻的苏格兰男孩。他看到了他死去的祖母。
A young Scottish boy. He sees his dead grandmother.
妈妈不相信。
Mother doesn't believe.
母亲在枕头上发现了死去的祖母项链......
Mother finds dead grandmother's necklace on her pillow...
一二三。
One, two, three.
...男孩在学校受苦
...and the boy suffers at school
因为他的远见。
because of his visions.
下一个。
Next.
右。
Right.
加尔各答图书馆。
Library in Calcutta.
前看守人的鬼魂说要出没在历史翼。
Ghost of the former caretaker said to haunt the history wing.
书本散落一地。
Books strewn around.
附上幻影的照片。
Photograph of phantasm enclosed.
看?它就在那里。
See? It's there.
哦,看在你♥妈♥的♥份上。
Oh, for fuck's sake.
下一个。
Next.
哦,天哪。右。
Oh, golly. Right.
马恩岛,一家人住在农舍里。
Isle of Man. Family living in a farmhouse.
声称会说话的猫鼬住在他们的谷仓里。
Claim a talking mongoose lives in their barn.
生物的名字叫Gef。
Creature's name is Gef.
一只会说话的猫鼬。
A talking mongoose.
是的。
Yes.
这个生物,名字叫格夫,
The creature, whose name is Gef,
类似于猫鼬或其他成员——
resembles a mongoose or some other member of--
可以吗?
May I?
谢谢。
Thank you.
“亲爱的福多博士,问候。
"Dear Dr. Fodor, greetings.
我希望这封信能找到你...马恩岛。
I hope this letter finds you... The Isle of Man.
首先让我说最早记录的例子
Let me begin by saying that the earliest documented instance
动物像人一样说话
of an animal speaking like a human
是在西元前5世纪
was in the 5th century BC
希腊哲学家克特西亚斯——”
by the Greek philosopher Ctesias--"
这是哈里·普莱斯博士的。
This is from Dr. Harry Price.
是的,我-我相信他-嘿-他拜访了欧文一家
Yes, I-I believe he-he-he visited the Irving family
并调查了这个生物。
and investigated the creature.
格夫。
Gef.
“虽然他没有看到,但他听到了。
"And while he did not see it, he heard it.
还有欧文一家,还有许多其他镇民
And the Irvings, and many of the other townspeople
完全相信这个生物确实存在。
are utterly convinced that the creature does exist."
你能再给我倒一杯吗?-哦,是的。
Would you pour me another? - Oh, yes.
“虽然他没有看到,
"And while he did not see it,
他听到了。
he heard it.
还有欧文一家,还有许多其他镇民
And the Irvings, and many of the other townspeople
完全相信这个生物确实存在。
are utterly convinced that the creature does exist."
一会说话...
A talking...
獴。
mongoose.
我,呃,给你点了杜松子酒。
I, uh, ordered you a gin rickey.
我依稀记得对...
I dimly recall a fondness for...
谢谢。
Thank you.
为我的迟到道歉。
Apologies for my lateness.
我走了一条迂回的路线,
I took a circuitous route,
以确保我没有被跟踪。
to ensure I was not being followed.
到底为什么会有人跟著你?
Why on Earth would anyone follow you?
我不知道。
I don't know.
我不希望在这里被看到...
I did not wish to be seen together in this...
公共场所。
public place.
我变得那么不受同龄人的欢迎了吗?
Have I become that unpopular with your peers?
恐怕是这样。
I'm afraid so.
伦敦唯灵论联盟
The London Spiritualist Alliance
不要善待你的新临床研究方法。
do not take kindly to your new clinical methods of research.
所以。。。
So...
猫鼬。
The mongoose.
格夫。
Gef.
好吧,我——我必须承认我发现你的信很有趣。
Well, I-I must admit I found your letter to be intriguing.
在我近30年的时间里
In my nearly 30 years
调查非自然事件,
of investigating unnatural occurrences,
这也许是最奇怪的情况
this is perhaps the strangest case
我曾经遇到过。
I have ever encountered.
真?
Really?
欧文先生拥有盖夫居住的农场,
Mr. Irving, who owns the farm upon which Gef resides,
在过去的四年里给我写了16封信,
had written me 16 letters over the past four years,
描述这个奇怪生物的滑稽动作。
describing the antics of this bizarre creature.
奇怪的是他从来没有给我写信。
Strange that he never wrote to me.
啊,欧文一家很奇特。
Ah, the Irving family are peculiar.
需要明确的是,
Just to be clear,
你在调查过程中目睹了这个生物吗?
did you witness this creature during your investigation?
你观察到它像人一样说话了吗?
Did you observe it speaking like a human?
不。
No.
不。
No.
但我确实听到了。
But I did hear it.
你做到了?
You did?
是的。一次。
Yes. Once.
从另一个房♥间。
From another room.
从另一个房♥间?
From another room?
你确定那是你听到的生物,
And you're certain it was the creature you heard,
不是别人吗?
not someone else?
我想可能是。
I suppose it could have been.
我们被一位镇民告知
We were informed by one of the townspeople
女儿沃里·
that the daughter, Voirrey,
是一个熟练的口♥技♥师。
is an adept ventriloquist.
对不起。
I'm sorry.
我知道这一切听起来如何。
I know how all this sounds.
这是怎么?
What's this?
我的日记。
My journal.
它包含我做的笔记
It contains notes I took
在调查欧文家族和盖夫期间。
during the investigation of the Irving family, and Gef.
一个熟练的口♥技♥师。
An adept ventriloquist.
卡申峡的人们几乎是一致的
The people of Cashen's Gap are nearly unanimous
在他们的信仰中 在 Gef.
in their belief in-in Gef.
许多人都遇到过这种生物,或者他们是这么说的。
Many have encountered the creature, or so they say.
有趣。
Interesting.
你知道你让我想起了谁吗?
You know who you remind me of?
那是谁?
Who's that?
哈里·胡迪尼。
Harry Houdini.
我远没有他聪明。
I'm far less clever than he was.
也许吧,但你们的生活很相似,
Perhaps, but your lives have been quite similar,
在某些方面。
in some ways.
电影精选列表