莫名其妙地误导别人!
inexplicably misleading others!
人们喜欢那只猫鼬。
People love that mongoose.
不存在的那个。
The one that does not exist.
是的。-是的。
Yeah. - Yeah.
好吧,我打算揭露他们在撒谎。
Well, I intend to expose that they're lying.
好。
Okay.
在聚会上你一定很有趣。
You must be a lot of fun at parties.
对不起?
Excuse me?
我被邀请参加许多聚会。
I am invited to and attend many parties.
比你多,我敢打赌!
More than you, I would wager!
在这些聚会上,我有很多有趣的对话!
And I have many interesting conversations at these parties!
启发性、有趣的讨论
Enlightening, entertaining discussions
与来自各个研究领域的人
with people from every field of study
和社会阶层。
and strata of society.
是的。
Yeah.
当你走开时,他们称你为混♥蛋♥。
When you walk away, they call you an asshole.
混♥蛋♥。
Asshole.
因此,我之前说过
Whereby, I previously stated
管家埃罗尔·
that the housekeeper, Errol,
是欧文庄园唯一的人
was the only person at the Irving estate
甚至有一丝理智...
with even an ounce of sense...
我现在撤销了这一声明。
I rescind that statement now.
我相信他可能是所有人中最疯狂的。
I believe he may be the craziest of them all.
“你为什么这么在意?”
"Why do you care so much?"
他有胆量问我。
he had the gall to ask me.
随便无视我近20年
With casual disregard for my almost 20 years
该领域的研究。
of research in this field.
我可以说,
Research which, I may say,
事实证明,对许多人来说是无价的。
has proven invaluable to many.
“让人们相信他们想相信的。”
"Let people believe what they want to believe."
这似乎不是世界上最糟糕的建议。
That doesn't seem like the worst advice in the world.
我应该继续当律师吗?
Should I have remained a lawyer?
你总是说你讨厌从事法律工作。
You always said you hated practicing law.
我做了。
I did.
我父亲。。。
My father...
他的梦想是我留在布达佩斯
his dream was that I remain in Budapest
并嫁给汉娜·瓦尔加。
and marry Hanna Varga.
简单的生活。
A simple life.
这会让你开心吗?
Would that have made you happy?
不。
No.
但我现在可能还和我父亲在一起
But I might still be with my father now
而不是在这个被诅咒的岛屿上追逐想像中的猫鼬。
and not on this accursed island chasing an imaginary mongoose.
他不是虚构的。
He's not imaginary.
对不起。什么?
I'm sorry. What?
格夫。
Gef.
我认为他不仅存在,
I think he not only exists,
正如欧文夫妇所描述的那样,
much as the Irvings have described him,
但我确信这一点。
but I'm certain of it.
你确定?
You're certain of it?
你♥他♥妈♥的最好不要认真。
You had better not fucking be serious.
晚安,南多尔。
Good night, Nandor.
是福多博士!
It's Dr. Fodor!
晚安!
And good night!
莫里斯!
Maurice!
福多博士。
Dr. Fodor.
我刚刚接到欧文家族的电♥话♥。
I have just received a call from the Irving family.
明白了。
I see.
他们要求我
And they have requested that I
上来——做一些进一步的调查,
come up to the-- to perform some further investigation,
在他们的住所。
at their residence.
所以我需要你开车送我去农场。
So I will need you to drive me up to the farm.
有点晚了,不是吗?
It's a bit late, isn't it?
嗯,哦,我需要借这个。
Hmm. Oh, and I will need to borrow this.
哎呀!
Gef!
你在这里吗,盖夫?
Are you here, Gef?
哎呀!这是你的朋友,福多博士!
Gef! It's your friend, Dr. Fodor!
我很想和你聊一会儿。
I'd just love to speak with you for a moment.
我让你偷我的内♥裤♥!
I'll let you steal my underpants!
福多博士?
Dr. Fodor?
一切都好吗?[福多博士]啊!
Is everything all right?[Dr. Fodor] Ah!
感觉好多了,是吗,沃雷?
Feeling better, are we, Voirrey?
你知道,我必须承认,我们没想到
You know, I must confess, we weren't expecting
今天晚上你又来了。
another visit from you this evening.
杰夫在哪里?
Where is Gef?
他现在不在这里。
He's not here at the moment.
恐怕今天的兴奋把他吓跑了。
I'm afraid today's excitement scared him off.
但如果你明天在合理的时间回来......
But if you return tomorrow at a reasonable hour...
哎呀!- 福多博士!请!
Gef! - Dr. Fodor! Please!
我需要...我需要进去做一些进一步的调查。
I need... I need to come inside for some further investigation.
我认为允许你进入我们家不是一个好主意
I don't think that's a good idea to allow you in our home
此时,以你的状况。
at this time, in your condition.
哦,以我的情况?
Oh, in my condition?
嗯。
Hmm.
嗯,很好。如果你不让我进去,
Well, very well. If you will not let me in,
我将在这里进行自己的调查。
I will conduct my own investigation out here.
哎呀!
Gef!
我要去检查谷仓。
I'm going to check the barn.
去提醒警员。
Go and alert the constable.
福多博士!
Dr. Fodor!
我已经吩咐玛格丽特去提醒警员。
I've instructed Margaret to go and alert the constable.
现在我会建议你
Now I would advise you
陪莫里斯回到他的车上,
to accompany Maurice back to his car,
他可以带你回你的客栈,
and he can take you back to your inn,
你可以睡在哪里。
where you can sleep this off.
哦,格夫!
Oh, Gef!
小杰弗?
Little Geffer?
我想和你谈谈!
I want to talk to you!
我们可以多谈谈我的父亲!
We can talk more about my father!
我会——我会给你一本签名的书!
I'll-- I'll give you a signed copy of my book!
福多博士!不!
Dr. Fodor! No!
抱歉,我的朋友。
Apologies, my friend.
啊。哎呀。
Ah. Ow.
啊。
Ah.
你好?
Hello?
你好!
Hello!
听起来今天晚上有人有点受锤。
Sounds like someone got a bit hammered this evening.
乔治·波吉,布丁和馅饼。我们死后该何去何从?
Georgie Porgie, pudding and pie. Where do we go after we die?
是谁?
Who's there?
要是你像我一样一点就好了,
If only you were little like me,
您可以在这些酒吧之间挤来挤去,然后自♥由♥自在!
you could squeeze between these bars and be free!
这是疯狂。
This is madness.
哎呀,是吗?
Gef, is it?
我拒绝参加这个...
I refuse to participate in this...
闹剧再来了。
farce any longer.
你好?
Hello?
你好!
Hello!
我需要使用电♥话♥,
I require the use of a telephone,
所以我可能会打电♥话♥给我的助手来安排我的释放。
so I may call my assistant to arrange my release.
我在伦敦的修道院银行有一个帐户,
I have an account at the, uh, Abbey Bank in London,
如果我被要求发布某种债券。
if I am required to post some kind of bond.
或者,如果您愿意,
Or, if you would prefer,
我的律师是纽约市的Marlon Sandersen,Esquire。
my attorney is Marlon Sandersen, Esquire, in New York City.
我可以向你保证,我会给他打电♥话♥
I can assure you I will be placing a call to him
如果我不立即被释放。
if I am not released immediately.
对,对。就这样吧。
Right, right. So be it.
去你的!
Damn you!
不管你是谁!
Whoever you are!
你怎么知道我父亲对我说了什么?
How did you know what my father said to me?
你读过我的书吗?
Did-did-did you read my book?
你希望获得什么...
What-what do you hope to gain...
电影精选列表