我参加了电影的首映礼,
I attended the film's premiere,
如果你可以这么称呼它。
if you could call it that.
在偏远的马恩岛,
On the remote Isle of Man,
一点点看过,但听得很多的小生物
a little seen but much heard little creature
以Gef的名字正在迅速成为
going by the name of Gef is fast becoming
与尼斯湖水怪一样著名的谜团,
as famous a mystery as the Loch Ness Monster,
只有这个难以捉摸的生物会说话,
only this elusive creature talks,
用他的险恶让专家感到困惑
baffling experts with his sinister
和强有力的声明。
and powerful pronouncements.
不久之后我看到了它。
I saw it shortly thereafter.
我认为,呃,毫不含糊
I think it, uh, unequivocally
揭开了盖夫存在的谜团。
puts the mystery of Gef's existence to rest.
你会发表一篇文章吗
Will you be publishing an article
关于你的经历,那么,
about your experience, then,
考虑到我们的朋友欧文先生已经变得多么善于打官司?
considering how litigious our friend Mr. Irving has become?
我想我会的,是的。
I think I will, yes.
嗯。
Hmm.
一个比我更勇敢的人!
A braver man than I!
好吧,我将描绘欧文一家和他们想像中的宠物
Well, I will portray the Irvings and their imaginary pet
色调比他们应得的要好得多。
in a far kinder hue than they deserve.
虽然我在农场的时间是不可否认的...
And though my time at the farm was admittedly...
可怕
horrific,
随著几周和几个月的过去,我回忆起...
as the weeks and months pass, I recall with...
越来越喜欢我在那里的奇异时光。
more and more fondness my bizarre time there.
我也有同感。
I feel the same.
最后,
And in the end,
你觉得你好像理解得更好吗
do you feel as though you understand any better
现象是Gef?
the phenomena that is Gef?
还是欧文的动机?
Or the motives of the Irvings?
也许。
Perhaps.
我们为什么要写,普莱斯博士?
Why is it that we write, Dr. Price?
嗯。
Hmmm.
我想是为了记录我们的经历?
To chronicle our experiences, I suppose?
要记住。
To remember.
也许你可以回忆起每一个细节
Perhaps you can recall every detail
在您调查过的案件中,
of the cases you've investigated,
但我担心...
but I fear...
我生活的整个部分都从视野中消失了。
entire sections of my life have faded from view.
这不是我的意思。
That is not what I meant.
当然要写日记,
To journal certainly,
但是我们为什么要发表我们的著作呢?
but why do we publish our writings?
记住,你说。
To remember, you said.
不,我们发表我们的作品是为了被记住。
No, we publish our writings to be remembered.
我们通常不谈论它,
We do not speak of it, often,
但我们希望我们的名字被人知道。
but we want our names to be known.
在我们的领域内得到认可,而不是在我们的领域内得到认可。
To be recognized within our field, and without.
我不要名声!
I do not want fame!
我也没有。
Neither do I.
但我们不会发表我们的发现,
But we would not publish our findings,
我们不会写小说,普莱斯博士,
we would not write novels, Dr. Price,
如果我们不希望它们被阅读。
if we did not wish them to be read.
这是难以置信的讽刺
It is incredibly ironic
这是我被问过的最深刻的问题之一
that one of the most profound questions I have ever been asked
不是别人,正是盖夫本人。
was by none other than Gef himself.
你在开玩笑!
You're kidding!
不。
No.
“如果这之后什么都没有呢?”
"What if there is nothing after this?"
生物恳求道。
the creature entreated.
“没有天堂,没有地狱。什么都没有。
"No Heaven, no Hell. Just nothing.
完全没有意识到我们曾经意识到过。
No awareness that we were ever aware at all."
一个严峻的查询!
A grim query!
事实上。
Indeed.
如果之前或之后什么都没有怎么办?
What if there is nothing before or after?
如果仅此而已呢?
What if this is all there is?
如果是这样,那么...
If that is so, then...
我们身体死后剩下的一切
all that is left after our bodies die
是我们留下的东西。
are the things we leave behind.
在你的和我的案例中,这是我们的著作。
In your case, and in mine, it is our writings.
我们去过的奇异地方的故事,
The tales of the bizarre places we have been,
我们观察到的人和现象。
the-the people and phenomena we have observed.
我们经历了这些事情,
That we have experienced these things,
使我们与众不同,
is what makes us unique,
在这个星球上大约20亿人中。
among the two billion or so people on this planet.
那么,是什么让欧文一家与众不同呢?
What, then, makes the Irvings unique?
他们会被记住什么?
For what will they be remembered?
是的,我只是想发出,呃,向整个人♥大♥喊大叫......
Yeah, I just wanted to give out, uh, a shout to the entire...
嗯,差不多,
well, almost,
整个演员和工作人员,呃,在制♥作♥中
the entire cast and crew, uh, on the production
南多尔·福多和会说话的猫鼬。
of Nandor Fodor and the Talking Mongoose.
非凡的演员阵容,令人难以置信的工作人员,令人惊叹的摄影指导。
An extraordinary cast, incredible crew, amazing DOP.
非凡的服装,套装。我的意思是,一切都很棒。
Extraordinary costumes, set. I mean, everything was amazing.
嗯,除了和亚当一起工作。嗯......
Um, apart from working with Adam. Um...
“因为他有点像天后,至少可以说。
'cause he is a bit of a diva, to say the least.
我已经在这个行业工作了40多年。
I've been in this business for over 40-plus years.
我和一些伟大的演员合作过,
I've worked with some great actors,
伟大的作家、导演,
great writers, directors,
各种伟大的人。
all kinds of great people.
但我从来没有用过完整的[哔哔声]。
But I've never worked with a complete .
赢得这个奖项的人是一个叫亚当·西格尔的人。
And the guy who wins that prize is a guy called Adam Sigal.
谁称自己为导演。
Who calls himself a director.
真的,真的很有挑战性,是的。
Really, really challenging guy, yeah.
你得到一个专案
You get a project
你读了它,你对它感到兴奋
and you read it and you get excited about it
钱很好,所有这些东西,
and the money is good and all that stuff,
然后你到了那里,只有...
and then you get there and there's just...
这家伙掌舵。
this guy at the helm.
这个人是个傻瓜。无法引导流量。
The man's a fool. Couldn't direct traffic.
我当时想,「哦,顺便说一下,
And I was like, "Oh, by the way,
有两个词我想换个,
there's two words that I wanted to just swap around,
因为我只是觉得它可能会飞得更好一点。
because I just think it might fly a little bit better."
他说,“你对我的剧本说了什么?”
And he said, "What the did you say about my script?"
如果事情进展不对,
If something wasn't going right,
他会站起来大喊,
he would just stand up and shout,
然后就冲出去,
and then just storm off,
而且你几个小时都见不到他。
and you wouldn't see him for hours.
然后当他准备进入片场时,
And then when he was ready to come on set,
他不会回到片场。
he wouldn't come back on set.
他只会送回一个叫加文的阿尔萨斯人,
He would just send back an Alsatian called Gavin,
然后他会从另一个房♥间尖叫,
who he then would scream from the other room,
“加文现在在导演!”
"Gavin's now directing!"
很明显,在看电影时,你可以看出,
And you can tell, obviously, when watching the movie,
由狗指导的部分。
the parts that are directed by a dog.
因为他们更好!
Because they're better!
我。。。我现在不能说话。
I... I can't talk right now.
他抓住我的头发。
He grabbed me by the back of my hair.
他狠狠地把我的脸狠狠地砸在桌子上。
He slammed my face down really hard on my desk.
那是第一天。
That was day one.
呃,亚当·西格尔是一个泡泡,
Uh, Adam Sigal is a bubble,
我希望母亲
and I wish that mother
只会回到佛罗里达
would just off back to Florida
与其他鳄鱼
with the rest of the alligators
和他一起出去玩的希克斯。
and hicks that he hangs out with.
真是!
What a !
真是!
What a !
电影精选列表