干杯。
Cheers.
最早记录的实例
The earliest documented instance
动物像人一样说话
of an animal speaking like a human
西元前5世纪,
was in the 5th century BC,
希腊医生克特西亚斯写道:
by the Greek physician Ctesias, who wrote,
「在我去印度的旅行中,
"In my travels to India,
我遇到了一只和鹰一样大的鹦鹉,
I encountered a parrot about as large as a hawk,
人类的舌头和声音,暗红色的喙,黑色的胡须,
with a human tongue and voice, a dark red beak, a black beard,
蓝色的羽毛一直到脖子,红色像朱砂。
and blue feathers up to a neck, which is red like cinnabar.
它像当地人一样说印度语
It speaks Indian like a native
如果教希腊语,就会说希腊语。
and if taught Greek, speaks Greek."
1962年,一只名叫斯帕基·威廉姆斯的虎皮鹦鹉
In 1962, a budgerigar named Sparkie Williams
保持最大词汇量的世界纪录
held the world record for the largest vocabulary
会说话的鸟。
of a talking bird.
愚蠢的混♥蛋♥。
Stupid bastard.
在他去世时,
At the time of his death,
他认识531个单词。
he knew 531 words.
愚蠢的混♥蛋♥。愚蠢的窃听器。愚蠢的混♥蛋♥。
Stupid bastard. Silly bugger. Stupid bastard.
就像我告诉你的,
Like I told you,
他是一个非常、非常、非常好的男孩。
he is a very, very, very good boy.
现在这并不重要。
That's not important right now.
1995年,一只名叫朴的虎皮鹦鹉
In 1995, a budgerigar named Park
被吉尼斯世界纪录所认可
was credited by Guinness's Book of World Records
作为所有鸟类中词汇量最大的。
as having the largest vocabulary of any bird.
永远不要摇晃一只小鸟,那肯定是荒谬的。
Never shake a baby bird, that would surely be absurd.
寇日和!
Konnichiwa!
虽然虎皮鹦鹉
While the budgerigar
可以教最多的单词,
can be taught the most words,
许多人认为八哥山
it is believed by many that the hill myna
说话时听起来最像人类。
sounds most similar to a human when it speaks.
喂,你好吗?
Hello, how are you?
喂,你好吗?
Hello, how are you?
乌鸦被认为是乌鸦
Crows are considered
地球上一些最聪明的动物。
some of the most intelligent animals on Earth.
加油。
Come on.
在某些情况下,他们可以学习,
And they can learn, in some cases,
模仿人类的言语和笑声。
to mimic human speech and laughter.
真是个好孩子。
What a good boy.
虽然大多数情况下
And while most often
当一个人想到动物时
when one thinks of an animal
像人一样说话...
speaking like a human...
...人们会想到一只鸟。
...one thinks of a bird.
其他一些动物可以发出声音
Some other animals can produce sounds
与我们制♥造♥的非常相似。
that are remarkably like the ones we make.
然而,这些都是非常孤立的事件。
These are very isolated occurrences, however.
巧合的结果
The result of coincidence
而不是任何超自然的东西。
rather than anything supernatural.
您被认为是世界上最重要的专家
You are considered to be the world's foremost expert
在超心理学中。
in parapsychology.
我承认一个研究领域
A field of research I will admit
直到最近我才熟悉。
I was unfamiliar with until quite recently.
嗯,大多数都是。
Well, most are.
嗯。
Hm.
有件事我一直很想问,
There is something I have been dying to ask,
没有双关语,
no pun intended,
因为我们安排了这次采访。
since we arranged this interview.
我希望我的,呃,命名法不要太粗糙。
I hope my, uh, nomenclature is not too crude.
嗯,这是什么?
Well, what is it?
嗯,你相信鬼吗?
Well, do you believe in ghosts?
好吧,这个问题的答案
Well, the answer to that question
其实挺复杂的。
is actually quite complicated.
怎么会这样?
How so?
你相信鬼是真的吗?
Do you believe that ghosts are real?
好吧,现在这是一个完全不同的问题
Well, now that is an entirely different question
有一个更复杂的答案。
with an even more complicated answer.
恐怕我有点迷茫了。
I'm afraid I'm a bit lost.
我们不是都一样吗?
Aren't we all?
请允许我回复您的询问
Allow me to respond to your inquiry
有一个问题要问你。
with a question for you.
也就是说,你如何定义「真实」这个词?
And that is, how do you define that term, "real"?
嗯,我想,这是我能看到的,我能感觉到的。
Well, it is, I suppose, what I can see, what I can feel.
听,闻。显然在我周围。
Hear, smell. What is obviously around me.
正是。你可以看到的,
Precisely. What you can see,
你能感受到什么,
what you can feel,
你周围有什么。
what is around you.
右。- 现在,请允许我
Right. - Now, allow me
通过简短的练习进一步阐明。
to elucidate further with a short exercise.
好吧。- 假设当我看的时候
All right. - Suppose when I look
进入房♥间的角落,
into the corner of the room,
我看到一个男人站在那里看著我。
I see a man standing there looking back at me.
但是那里没有人。
But there's no one there.
所以你说。
So you say.
但是,如果我能看到某人呢?
But what if I could see someone?
你能吗?
Can you?
出于本演示的目的,
For the purpose of this demonstration,
是的,正如我所说,我看到了一个男人。
yes, I see, as I said, a man.
他老了,留著浓密的胡子。
He is old with a heavy beard.
蓝眼睛。
Blue eyes.
他现在正在对我做鬼脸。
He is making faces at me now.
他摇摇晃晃。
He is waggling his tongue.
对,但是,呃,但那里没有人。
Right, but, uh, but there is no one there.
你看到有人在那里吗?
Do you see anyone there?
什么?所以你看不到他,他也看不见。
What? So you cannot see him, neither can he.
然而我可以。
And yet I can.
那么他是真的还是假的呢?
So is he real or not?
嗯,没有。
Well, no.
但我说他是。
But I say he is.
但他不是。
But he is not.
可是我...
But I...
说他是。
say he is.
你们两个看不到任何人是无关紧要的
That you two cannot see anyone is irrelevant
就我而言。
as far as I am concerned.
你可以把一千人带到这里
You could bring a thousand people in here
并询问他们是否看到某人
and ask them all if they see someone
他们都可以说不,但我可以。
and they could all say no, and yet I can.
所以对我来说,他是真实的。
So to me, he is real.
我想我现在明白了。
I think I understand now.
好。然而。。。
Good. However...
哦,上帝,现在怎么办?
Oh, God, what now?
我关于这种情况的研究领域
My field of research with regard to this scenario
我炮制的与事实无关
I have concocted has little to do with the fact
你们两个在角落里看不到任何人。
that you two cannot see anyone in the corner.
事实上,我能不能并不重要。
In fact, it does not really matter that I can.
我关心的...
What I am concerned with...
我痴迷于理解的是,
What I am obsessed with understanding is,
为什么我能看到那个人?
why I can see that man?
你明白吗?
Do you understand?
一点也不。
Not at all.
安妮,你好。
Anne, hello.
怎么样?
How was it?
请喝一杯。
A drink, please.
明白了。
I see.
你更喜欢伯恩斯还是卡尔弗特?
Would you prefer the Burns or the Calvert?
卡尔弗特开始。
The Calvert to start.
现在,在你度过了一天之后,
Now after the day you've had,
可能没有心情让我读你给你的信。
probably in no mood to have me read your letters to you.
井。。。你不妨。
Well... you might as well.
否则,他们只会...
Otherwise, they'll just...
继续积累。
continue to accumulate.
是的。
Yes.
电影精选列表