People don't know the whole story.
他们只知道自己看到的
They only know what they see.
她在男人这件事上并不总是做出好的选择
She didn't always make good choices with men.
但你知道吗,我觉得……
But you know something, I think...
她所有的不幸都可以追溯到她父亲去世的时候
her miseries all stem back to when her father died.
她把余生都用来寻找她的父亲
She spent the rest of her life looking for her father,
作为一个年轻女孩,在寻找她的父亲
being a young girl looking for her father.
于是,在1966年
So in 1966,
Jayne终于想要与Matt Cimber离婚
Jayne finally wanted to get a divorce from Matt Cimber.
而在那段时间
And during that time,
她开始和她的离婚律师约会
she started dating her divorce attorney,
一个叫Sam Brody的人
this guy named Sam Brody.
我一点也不喜欢他
I didn't like him at all.
当时有很多争吵
There was a lot of fighting.
我记得有一次早上走进妈妈的房♥间
I remember one time going into Mom's room in the morning
我记得她戴着太阳镜
and I remember her wearing sunglasses,
然后我当时就,你懂的
and I was like, you know,
被这事吓了一跳,一个小男孩
taken aback by that, you know, a little boy,
为什么你的妈妈会戴着太阳镜?
why would your mom be wearing sunglasses?
但过了一会儿,她把它们摘了下来
But then at some point, she took 'em off
她眼眶乌青,我记得那很让人心碎
and she had black eyes, and I remember that hurt.
我知道他是个坏人
I knew he was a bad man.
我知道的,马上就明白了
I knew, you know, right away.
那是……
It was...
她觉得自己已经没剩下什么
She felt she don't have much,
但是……
but...
她没意识到一件事
she don't realize one thing,
那就是她还拥有她自己
that she had herself.
而当一个人迷失了自我
And when a person loses themselves,
你知道的,就会失去一切
you know, you lose everything.
我试着告诉她:“你还有你自己
And I tried to tell her that, "You have you.
这才是最重要的事。”
That is the most important thing."
因为她一直有我,她明白这一点
Because she always had me. She knew that.
但有时似乎,这还不够
But seems like, at times, it wasn't enough.
在1967年的某个夜晚
There was one night in 1967,
Jayne Mansfield和Sam Brody在纽约
Jayne was in New York with Sam Brody
她打电♥话♥叫Mickey进城来找她
and she called Mickey to come into the city.
那时,Mickey和我已经在约会了
At that time, Mickey and I were already dating.
所以,我们一起去了
So, we went together.
她状态很糟糕
And she was all roughed up or something,
整个人不像她自己
but she was not herself.
于是她和Mickey出去吃晚饭
So she and Mickey went out to dinner,
因为他在试着帮她处理和Sam的事
because he was trying to help her with Sam.
然后两周之后
And then two weeks later,
她去了密西西比州的比洛克西演出
she went to Biloxi, Mississippi, to do a show.
到了午夜
And at midnight
他们按计划要去新奥尔良
they were scheduled to go to New Orleans.
你、Mickey、Zolie与Jayne 一起坐在车里
You, Mickey, and Zolie were in the car with Jayne,
还有司机和Sam Brody
the driver, and Sam Brody.
事情就是那时发生的
And that's when it happened.
我想说点什么,但我不打算谈这件事
I wanna say something but I'm not gonna talk about it
因为那是她生命的最后几分钟
'cause it was the last minutes of her life.
太沉重了
Just so deep.
我的母亲
My mother.
嗯……
Yeah...
于是,妈妈在
So, Mom was arguing
和坐在车前排的人争吵
with the person in the front of the car.
是Sam
It was Sam.
她想摆脱Sam
She wanted to get away from Sam.
我记得她去了后座
And I remember she went in the back seat.
然后她去了加油站
And she went to the gas station.
我想她给爸爸打了电♥话♥,
I think she called Dad
因为爸爸说她确实打过给他
'cause Dad said that she had called him.
一个小时前我还和她通了话
I talked to her an hour before.
她在电♥话♥里对我说
She told me on the phone
说:“我们还要再开一个小时,
that, "We have just another hour,
一个半小时的车程
an hour and a half ride.
但还是很晚了
It's late.
我要把孩子们安排在后座
I'm going to get the kids in the back seat
让他们睡一会儿”
and let them sleep."
然后她又回到了车子的前座
And then she went in the front seat of the car.
我常常会想
And I often think about
为什么她不就留在后座,和我们坐在一起
why she didn't just stay in the back seat with us.
但我记得她在安慰我……
But I remember her comforting me...
告诉我我会没事的
telling me I was going to be fine.
二十分钟后,或者半小时,总之
Twenty minutes later, or half an hour, whatever,
我听到了她极其响亮的尖叫
I heard her scream so loud.
然后就结束了,就是那样——只是寂静
And that was it. That just--,It was just silence.
我的手、我的胳膊全被压住了
My hands, my arms were all crusty...
感觉完全动不了,因为到处都是血
and it felt like my skin didn't move because it was bloody all over.
然后我抬起头,看到我的……
And then I looked up and I saw my...
我以为我在前座看见了我的妈妈
I thought I saw my mom in the front seat.
结果那是一个金发女士
And it was a blonde lady
她回过头看着我们
and she turned back and looked at us,
但你知道,那不是我的妈妈
and it wasn't my mom, you know,
是发现我们的路人
it was somebody else who had found us on the side of the road.
你还记得他们来把你带走之后发生了什么吗?
Do you remember what happened after they came and got you?
我睡着了
I fell asleep.
我们在去医院的路上
We were going to a hospital.
但在路上我醒了
But at some point I woke up.
我四处张望,却没有看到你
And I'm kind of like looking around and I didn't see you.
我就问:“Maria在哪儿?”
And I said, "Where's Maria?"
他们说:“Maria是谁?”
And they said, "Who's Maria?"
所以……
So...
然后我们回去了
then we doubled back.
你被卡在副驾驶座位下面
You were lodged underneath the passenger's seat.
头部受了伤
With a head injury.
而且……
And...
感谢上帝
Thank God.
感谢上帝, Zolie醒了
Thank God Zolie woke up.
事情发生之后
After everything happened,
Mickey打来了电♥话♥……
Mickey called...
他说让我去医院
and he said for me to come to the hospital.
当上帝把Jayne 从我们身边带走时
When God took Jayne from us,
我梦见了她
I had a dream about her.
我们在一个……
We were on a...
我们在一个橄榄球场上……
We were on a football field...
那里搭着一个舞台,一辆加长轿车开了过来
and there was a stage and this limousine pulled up.
加长轿车的门打开
The door opens to the limousine,
她穿过整个球场走了过来
and she walks completely across the field,
她走到我面前,说……
and she came up to me and she said...
“我很高兴你在照顾孩子们
"I'm so glad that you'r taking care of the children.
你做得非常好。”
You're doing a great job."
那只是一个梦
It's a dream.
但它意义非凡
But it meant a lot.
对我来说意义重大,却又是件很傻的事
It meant a lot to me. It was the silliest thing.
不过我确实觉得,Mickey和我
But I do think that Mickey and I
有一个充满爱的家
provided a very loving home.
我们的家庭正努力重建新的生活
Our family was trying to build a new life,
于是Jayne Marie去和她叔叔一起住了
so Jayne Marie left to go live with her uncle,
Tony跟着他的父亲走了
Tony went with his dad,
而我们搬进了新房♥子
and we moved into a new house.
那些就是我最初的记忆
Those are the first memories that I have.
我记得我们围坐在厨房♥的餐桌旁
I remember being around our kitchen table.
我常常和爸爸玩一个小游戏
I used to play a game with my dad.
如果我不想吃盘子里的某样东西
If I didn't want to eat something on my plate,
我就会偷偷把它挪过去,然后爸爸把它吃掉
I would sneak it around and my dad would eat it.
我们笑得好开心
We laughed so hard
那些真是最美好的时光
and those were just the best times.
但到了夏天,我们一家会去欧洲
But in the summertime, my family would go to Europe.
有时他们会把我一个人送到我祖母家
电影精选列表