and to have a baby.
没错
That's right.
到了一月份,或者十二月底,我们要迎来第四个孩子
In January, or the end of December, we're having our fourth child.
我就是第四个孩子
I'm baby number four.
等到我来到这个世界时
And by the time I came along,
我想,家里已经发生了很多事
I think there was a lot going on.
所以在我看来
And so there's a sense to me,
在有些照片里
in some of the photos,
看上去就像是她不怎么抱我
it just seemed like he wasn't holding me a lot.
好像她总是在忙别的事
Like she was off doing something else
而我只能自己玩
and I just had to handle it.
所以我不确定自己有没有和她建立依恋关系
So I don't know if I had that attachment time with her.
我不确定自己有过
I don't know if I had that.
我能问你一个关于我名字的问题吗?
Can I ask you a question about my name?
好
在我的出生证明上
- Yeah. - On my birth certificate
都写着“玛丽丝卡·玛格多尔纳”
everywhere it says "Mariska Magdolna."
嗯
对吧?
Yeah. - Right?
可你们却叫我Maria
But then you guys called me Maria.
没错
That's right.
你一开始的名字就是Maria
Your name was Maria in the beginning.
一直叫Maria吗?
是的
Always Maria? - Yeah.
一开始就是
嗯
- In the beginning. - Uh-huh.
《 默夫·格里芬秀 》上,她叫我Maria
On The Merv Griffin Show, she calls me Maria.
嗯
亲爱的,你叫什么名字?
- Yeah. - What's your name, darling?
看,当我跟
Maureen?
- See, when I talk to the-- - Maureen?
这是Maria
This is Maria.
她对你的名字特别较真
She had a real thing about your name.
有一次我们在外面
We were somewhere
媒体在采访她
and the press was interviewing her
记者说:
and the reporter said,
“嗯,小Mariska怎么样?”
"Well, how's little Mariska?"
Jayne说:“她叫Maria
Jayne says, "Her name is Maria.
我给你拼一遍:M-A-R-I-A。Maria。”
I'll spell it for you. M-A-R-I-A. Maria."
你知道,你提到我丈夫
You know, you mentioned that my husband
要上场了
was going to come on.
他刚出去了一会儿
He just stepped out for a minute.
也许他现在回来了,我们能把他叫进来吗?
Maybe he's back now. Think we could beckon him?
Matt!
那我们把他叫上来吧
Might as well bring the gang on.
Matt Cimber!
你好,Matt
嗨。
- Hello, Matt. - Hi.
你认识他
You know him.
Jayne Mansfield女士
Ms. Jayne Mansfield.
我认识你,你好吗?
I know you. How are you?
我记得他走进我们的生活
I remember him coming into our life
简直就像,毁灭性的
and mostly it being like, you know, devastating,
我当时想,“我爸呢?”
that like, "Where's my dad?"
然后突然之间,我们变成了意大利人
And then all of a sudden we became Italian.
然后就像
And it was like,
“你叫我‘妈妈’,你叫他‘爸爸’”
"You call me 'Mama' and you call him 'Papa.'"
我当时就想,这是什么情况?就像……
And I'm like, what the fuck? It's like...
哦,真的吗?
是啊,很奇怪
Oh, really? - It was weird. Yeah.
之后,家庭生活
And then, the family life
开始变得非常不和谐
started getting really sketchy.
他们吵得像野猫一样,总是在吵架
They fought like wildcats. Always fighting.
Matt脾气很差
Matt had a bad temper,
但Jayne绝不会承认
but Jayne would never admit
她过得不好
if somebody had the better of her.
她会说:“哦,一切都好。”
She'd say, "Oh, everything's alright."
我问过她
I ask her about it.
“哦,我们有过争执,我们没事。”
"Oh, we have our battles. We're alright."
但你知道,她身上会有淤青
But, you know, she would have bruises.
你觉得她为什么会嫁给他?
Why do you think she married him?
因为他是导演
Because he was a director.
但这对她的事业一点帮助也没有
But it didn't do anything for her career.
到了60年代,她的处境在发生变化
Things were changing for her in the '60s,
于是她不得不转向夜♥总♥会♥演出
and so she had to turn to doing nightclubs.
我唱歌♥,跳点舞
I sing, do a little dancing,
讲些笑话,总的来说非常有趣
tell some jokes, have a lot of fun generally.
那时候,她开始喝酒
At that time, alcohol came in.
然后吸毒
And so did pills.
所以我就主动承担起
And so I would take it upon myself
把波本酒藏起来,然后……
to hide the bourbon and...
把药倒掉之类的事
empty the pills out, that kind of thing.
所以,我成了照料者
So, I was a caretaker.
我觉得Matt是她这辈子遇到的最糟糕的事
I think Matt was the worst thing that ever happened to her.
这段关系里唯一的好事 就是Tony
The only thing good came out of that was Tony.
现在介绍一位新生儿
Now the introduction of a new baby
他的母亲是明星Jayne Mansfield
whose mother is star Jayne Mansfield.
这很特别
Well, that's something special.
那就走进《好莱坞后台》
So let's go Hollywood Backstage
去见见这位耀眼的新成员
and meet this bright new addition.
我的父亲Matt,从来没怎么谈起过她
My father, Matt, never really talked about her.
我想这有点遗憾
I guess that's kind of unfortunate
因为我从没问过,我也不知道为什么
because I never asked, and I don't know why.
不过你♥爸♥爸和我们妈妈
But your dad and our mother,
有些事情,我听说过一些,我总是……
there are things that,I've heard that I'm always...
不敢跟你提起
fearful to bring up with you.
我知道
I know.
那些事真的很难堪
Things that are really ugly.
是的
Yes.
关于他们的关系
我知道
- About their relationship. - And I'm sure.
我知道
And I'm sure.
但是……
But...
那些难堪的事我并不知道
I don't know those ugly things.
我也不知道自己是不是想知道
I don't know that I want to know.
因为我不想背负那些东西
Because I don't want to carry it
因为我不知道那有什么好处
because I don't know what good it does.
“1936年4月11日
"April 11th, 1936.
Herbert W. Palmer,32岁,Phillipsburg的律师,
Herbert W. Palmer, 32, Phillipsburg lawyer
出生于宾夕法尼亚州Pen Argyl,
and a native of Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania,
在他的汽车里突然去世,
died suddenly in his automobile
当时正驾车驶上莫里斯街的山坡,Phillipsburg
while driving up the Morris street hill, Phillipsburg,
于周六傍晚
on Saturday evening.
在上坡时,他突然倒下
While driving up the hill, he collapsed.
他的妻子立刻把车停下
His wife stopped the car at once.
医生宣布Palmer男士死亡
The physician pronounced Mr. Palmer dead,
死因为心脏病发作
victim of a heart attack.
他遗下妻子Vera Palmer夫人,
He's survived by his wife, Mrs. Vera Palmer,
以及一个女儿,Vera·Jayne。”
and a daughter, Vera Jayne."
我想,我现在就从这里开始
I think that's where I start now,
看着照片:这是我们的母亲
is looking, that here is our mother,
这个小女孩,她的父亲去世了
this little girl whose father died
那时她只有三岁
when she was three years old
而且她当时就在车里,跟他在一起
and she was in the car with him.
我们从这里回顾Jayne的一生
We start there with Jayne.
我们从那里开始“失去”
We start there with loss.
然后我想
And I go,
“我明白这种感受”
“我明白这种感受”
- "I know that one." - "I know that one."
她有没有跟你谈起过她的童年?
So did she talk to you about her childhood at all?
没有,她从没跟我说过她的童年
No, she never told me about her childhood.
但我知道,失去父亲
But I do know losing her dad,
那是她一直背负着的东西
that's something she carried around with her
贯穿她的一生
her whole life.
我撞见她看着他的照片流泪
I mean, I caught her crying looking at his picture
好几次
several times.
人们并不了解全部的故事
电影精选列表