我得去记忆深处才能把它们找出来
I have to kind of dig deep to find them.
但总体来说,那段早年的时光感觉是美好的
But the general feeling was good in those early days.
那时我们住在德克萨斯州
Back then, we were living in Texas,
就我和她两个人
and it was just me and her.
我现在就能想起她的样子
I mean, I can just picture her,
因为她那时还那么年轻
'cause she was so young.
我父亲叫Paul Mansfield
My father, his name was Paul Mansfield.
当时他们已经结婚了
And at the time, they were married.
在我小时候,我记得
When I was a kid, I remember,
她总是关注那些电影明星
she used to look at all the movie stars
而且常常去看电影
and go to movies all the time.
她的热爱也影响了我
I mean, she shared that with me.
她有自己的偶像
She had her idols.
她想成为那样的明星之一
And she wanted to be one of those stars.
Paul Mansfield是个非常虔诚的德州人
Paul Mansfield was a very churchgoing Texan,
对此一点也不感兴趣
and not into that at all.
但她对此非常执着
But she was committed to it.
她通过上戏剧课一步步追求(梦想)
She pursued it in drama classes.
她就是想成为一名真正的演员
She just had that desire to be a serious actress.
而且她完全下定了决心
And she was totally determined to do that.
于是,她决定,“嘿,我要去加利福尼亚
So, she decided, "Hey, I'm coming to California.
我要去实现它”
I'm gonna do it."
Paul Mansfield也和我们一起来了
Paul Mansfield came out with us.
但他意识到她不会离开了
But he realized that she wasn't going to leave.
所以他离开了,只剩下她和我留下来
So he left and she and I stayed.
一开始,她什么都做
In the beginning, she'd show up for anything.
她去当模特
She would model.
她教人舞蹈
She taught dance.
她会在Wiltern剧院卖♥♥糖果
She'd sell candy at The Wiltern Theatre.
为了被人注意,做什么都行
Anything, to be noticed.
而且,她去哪儿都会带着我
And, you know, she'd take me with her everywhere.
那些日子的记忆,我有很多
I have a lot of memories of those days,
因为那时她只属于我一个人
because I had her to myself.
但后来,她被一位经纪人相中了
But then, she got noticed by an agent,
他给她争取到了一些试镜
and he got her some auditions.
那时我们住在洛杉矶的一间公♥寓♥里
At the time, we were living in an apartment in Los Angeles,
勉强维持生活
making ends meet.
然后突然之间……
And then all of a sudden...
她开始拿到角色
she was getting roles.
你是个麻烦精,Al,你永远都是
You're trouble, Al. You always will be.
但我要像你对我一样对你
But I've come along to give you a taste of your own medicine.
是谁打的电♥话♥?
Who made the call?
Ray Borden.
你确定吗?
确定
- You sure of that? - Absolutely.
他把他的名字告诉我了
He told me his name.
而且,他非常无礼
Besides, he was very insulting.
我们聊东聊西
We got to talking about this and that
然后她跟我说她很喜欢John Facenda
and she tells me she's crazy about John Facenda.
John Facenda?
他是个新闻记者
- John Facenda? - He's a news reporter.
他在电视上,每晚都会出现
He's on television. He's on every night.
晚上十一点十五分
At 11 o'clock for 15 minutes.
你什么时候意识到发生了什么?
When did you realize what was happening?
大概在我五六岁的时候,我开始注意到了
I probably started noticing it when I was around five or six.
她那时22岁,登上了百老汇
She was 22 and she was on Broadway.
那部戏, 《成功会毁了Rock Hunter吗?》,
That play, Will Success,Spoil Rock Hunter?,
就是那部戏让她一举成名
that's what put her on the map.
我记得我们住在广场酒店
I mean, I remember we lived in The Plaza Hotel.
有一次,复活节,就她和我两个人
One time, it was Easter and it was just her and me,
她说,“我给你准备了个惊喜”
and she said, "I got a surprise for you.
“去浴室”
Go into the bathroom."
然后我就进去,打开门
And I go in there and open the door
里面有上百只小鸡
and there's hundreds of little baby chicks
我记得我们就坐在地板上
and I remember us just sitting down on the floor
傻笑
and laughing and giggling.
我一想起来就想哭
I almost wanna cry because I remember it.
因为我能感觉到她抱着我
Because I can just feel her holding me
微笑着
and smiling and laughing.
我妈妈34岁去世后
After my mom died when she was 34,
我们家不得不处理很多事情
our family had to deal with a lot of things.
其中一件就是她没有立遗嘱
One of those things was that she didn't have a will.
于是州政♥府♥拍卖♥♥了她的财物来偿还债务
So the state sold off her belongings to pay her debts.
只有几件东西
And there were just a handful of items
是我和兄弟姐妹能留下的
that my siblings and I were able to keep.
我有她的婴儿鞋
I have her baby shoes.
天哪
Oh my God.
嗯,它们被穿过了
Yeah. And they're worn too.
嗯,我喜欢这个
Yeah. I love this.
看看这双鞋
Look at these shoes.
它们太珍贵了
看着真好
They're gorgeous. Just to share.
太美好了
嗯
- That was beautiful. - Yeah.
对我来说,最重要的是为了找回失去的一切
For me, a lot of this is about reclaiming what was lost.
包括具体的东西
Even physical things.
所以我终于决定翻看
So I decided to finally go through
我们家的仓库
our family storage unit
因为自1969年以来就没人打开过那些箱子
because no one has opened the boxes since 1969.
我希望我的兄弟姐妹能和我一起在这儿
I wish my siblings could be here with me for this.
天啊
Oh my gosh.
那是她和Paul Mansfield
That's her and Paul Mansfield.
他被剪掉了
He got cut out.
哇
Wow.
好多这种照片
There's a lot of this.
她把谁剪掉了?
Who did she cut out?
哦
Oh.
我不记得拍过这个
I don't remember having this.
这是爸爸
There's Dad.
Mickey.
你还记得些什么?
What do you remember about it?
我可以肯定他还没有从对她的感情中走出来
I'm sure he was not over her
在我们认识的时候
when we met.
因为她是在1967年6月29日去世的
Because she passed away June 29th, 1967,
而我和Mickey是在1968年4月结婚的
and Mickey and I got married in April of 1968.
但你心里永远有她
But you always have them with you.
一旦你爱上某个人,不可能
There's no way that, once you love somebody,
他们会从你心里离开
that they ever leave your heart.
不管是谁,不管你有多生气
I don't care who, I don't care how angry you are,
都不重要
I don't care anything.
如果你真的爱过某个人,他们会一直留在心里
If you really love somebody, they remain in there.
走吧,孩子们
Come on, buds.
Mickey来自匈牙利
Mickey was from Hungary.
他20岁时是冠军速滑选手
When he was 20, he was a championship speed skater.
他还入选过国家足球队
He was on the national team for soccer.
他还是一名阿达吉奥舞者
He was also an adagio dancer.
他带着七美元来到美国
He came to the United States with seven dollars in his pocket,
然后成了马戏团的接人手
and then he became a catcher for the circus.
那是在他开始训练
And I mean, that was before he was working out
去当健美运动员之前
to become a bodybuilder.
他拿下了“印第安纳波利斯男士”,
He became Mr. Indianapolis,
“印第安纳男士”,
Mr. Indiana,
“美国中西部男士”,
Mr. Midwest America,
最后成为“世界男士”
and finally Mr. Universe.
Mickey常说
Mickey would say,
“如果你能梦到它,你就能实现它。”
"If you can dream it, you can do it."
Mickey就是这样的人
That's who Mickey was.
所以在成为“世界男士”之后
So after being crowned Mr. Universe,
他在纽约找到了一份舞台表演的工作
he got a job onstage doing a show in New York
在梅·韦斯特的节目里演出
for Mae West.
有一晚
And one night,
Jayne Mansfield就在台下观众席
Jayne Mansfield was in the audience.
演出结束后,他们相识了……
And after the show, they met...
电影精选列表